Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    Rolling eyes. It's that time of year we get the joy of reading articles about Marshall's impending departure to a "better" situation. The guy says "Wichita State shouldn't be this good". Why not?
    I'm pretty sure I recall HCGM stating that although others don't want us in their lane we will now be driving in that lane anyways. No doubt he will continue to be the chauffeur.
    "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by Slam21 View Post
      Obama picking WSU over UK makes our fans very happy.
      Well, ****.
      "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        Did I hear that KSR (Kentucky Sports Radio, I think?) is giving away tickets to the WSU, UK game?

That's an impressive amount of confidence for an 8/9 match-up.

No offense @Slam21 (And let me say, I appreciate any opposing fan who can go to an opponent's board and be respectful, so thank you), but things like that make me want to root harder for KSU. But I guess if UK doesn't make it to Sunday, some lucky fan will either be able to drive to St. Louis and sell them or have a souvenir that doubles as a painful reminder of a disappointing season.
        It's Matt Jones... Any intelligent UK fan thinks he's a douche

Comment

• vine.co/v/MhxZrYad7Hq

Pretty cool Vine ESPN tweeted out. An animated WuShock beating up the Cardinal Bird.
          Goo Shockers

Comment

• Is it ****ing Friday yet??

Better yet, is Sunday??

Sorry. I just need that first basket for the Shox to go down to take the edge off.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I asked Moose if he would get me Ashley Judd's autograph if she shows up in St Lewis :) but sometimes he drinks and I'm not so sure he would even know who AJ was in a toxic state so if any of the rest of you can get her autograph do it and get the Moose off the hook.

Comment

• John Wall picks WSU over Kentucky (has them in the Final Four).

Wizards' John Wall picked Kentucky to lose to Wichita State
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                  John Wall picks WSU over Kentucky (has them in the Final Four).

Wizards' John Wall picked Kentucky to lose to Wichita State
                  The man knows good PG play when he sees it.
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    Is it ****ing Friday yet??

Better yet, is Sunday??

Sorry. I just need that first basket for the Shox to go down to take the edge off.
                    I haven't stopped drinking since STL...I haven't even seen the edge.

Comment

• Excellent article, and another good reminder of why Marshall is such a good fit here and isn't likely to be looking anywhere else anytime soon, if ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxfan3 View Post
                        My sources tell me that Wake will make a run at our coach, and they can afford the 3M - 4M. Their donors are desperate to get them back to where they were, and are willing to throw serious money around to get the coach to get them back.

That being said, the program is in complete shambles, the AD is hated by everyone, so why would our coach start from scratch?
                        Your "sources," huh? Woodward and Bernstein have given up keeping an eye on the government, so now they're following Wake Forest basketball?

Your last sentence got it right. WFU (what appropriate initials from an athletic standpoint!) basketball is a mess and has been for a while. It's at best fourth fiddle in its area. They have money, but so does WSU (and so does Marshall, who in any case reminds us that you can't buy happy). He's competing for championships where he is -- not just Valley championships, but national championships; and three of his four best championship-caliber players are returning next year (two of them as juniors). That won't be the case in Winston-Salem.

Wake Forest is to North Carolina and the ACC as Baylor is to Texas and the Big 12. Bring 'em on. I'm not just not worried; I'm LESS THAN not worried.

Comment

• Not entirely love, however good publicity... he calls Fred a 'marginal' recruit. Whatever.

"One weakness has been their lack of toughness" Whatever again. :)

How To Beat The Unbeaten Wichita State Shockers

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            Not entirely love, however good publicity... he calls Fred a 'marginal' recruit. Whatever.

"One weakness has been their lack of toughness" Whatever again. :)

How To Beat The Unbeaten Wichita State Shockers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4959605.html
                            "One weakness has been their lack of toughness. The Shockers are not an elite rebounding team, and are prone to stretches of subpar defense."

I stopped reading after this..
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              Not entirely love, however good publicity... he calls Fred a 'marginal' recruit. Whatever."One weakness has been their lack of toughness" Whatever again. :)How To Beat The Unbeaten Wichita State Shockershttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4959605.html
                              Jordan Schultz is a "marginal" writer.

Comment

• Interesting analysis....

Comment

Working...
                                X