Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fairgame View Post
    Need you to help the handicapped, what is "SC" that is mentioned?
    SportsCenter on ESPN.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairgame View Post
      Need you to help the handicapped, what is "SC" that is mentioned?
      Sports center
      β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
      -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        Cajones means furniture drawers or Peruvian box drums.

Cojones is correct.

Lo siento. Back to basketball.

All I can say is, this year's Shocks have great Peruvian box drums.

Comment

• So only SNers will get the joke if I make a poster of Fred and two furniture drawers?
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Just got some good run on Katz Korner regarding our game against Indiana State on Wednesday.
            "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
              So only SNers will get the joke if I make a poster of Fred and two furniture drawers?
              i love me some dovetails
              Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Never let it be said that I have not expanded my knowledge and understanding of the world around me by reading ahockerNet.

Cajon

Cajones
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Plus now we also know a Cajon is not someone from the Lousiana bayous. However, I am still researching weather Cajuns have Cajunes.

DSB should be able to shed some light on that.

Comment

• This week will likely determine if Wichita State goes undefeated

But the rest of us are not required to stay focused. We're free to look as far ahead as our eyes can see, and that's why it's worth pointing out that the Shockers are now in what projects as their toughest week of the season, and if they exit still unscathed the chances of a perfect regular season will go from unlikely to more than likely just like that.

"I get 68 percent," is how Ken Pomeroy responded when I asked if he'd be kind enough to project the likelihood of a perfect regular season if the Shockers move to 25-0 this week with wins at Indiana State and Northern Iowa. "Could jump even more if they are dominant."

What you need to know, for the purposes of context, is that Pomeroy's site (KenPom.com) currently gives Wichita State a 38.5-percent chance of finishing the regular season with an undefeated record, meaning two wins this week will nearly double the Shockers' odds at history. That's because the two most-challenging games left on the schedule are this week. First up is Wednesday at Indiana State. Then comes Saturday at Northern Iowa.
                    Wichita State isn't good because of its record; Wichita State is good independently of its record, and that's why you'd be foolish to disregard the Shockers as a serious Final Four threat regardless of what you think of their strength of schedule or conference affiliation.
                    Last edited by jocoshock; February 4, 2014, 02:43 PM.
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Question of the day:

Who will go farther in NCAAs?

Kansas State
                      30.4%
                      Wichita State
                      65.2%
                      Mizzou
                      4.3%

Complete sports coverage, breaking news, analysis and opinions on your favorite Kansas City sports teams including Chiefs, Royals, Sporting KC, Kansas Jayhawks, Mizzou and K-State. Sports Radio 810 WHB-AM is proud to be locally owned and operated since 1998.
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                        Question of the day:

Who will go farther in NCAAs?

Kansas State
                        30.4%
                        Wichita State
                        65.2%
                        Mizzou
                        4.3%

http://810whb.com/
                        Its not a given that either will even make the tourny....especially KSU

Comment

• During try KU game jimmy Dykes basically said Wichita State won't lose a regular season game.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                            During try KU game jimmy Dykes basically said Wichita State won't lose a regular season game.
                            insu team probably got a kick out of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              A good piece from Bleacher Report:
                              Inside Wichita State's Pursuit of Perfection
                              Somewhere there is a Syracuse fan butt-hurt that his team isn't getting all this media love.

Comment

• Had a LONG conversation tonight with a group of LSU fans and 2 Syracuse fans. LSU fans name dropping Skeenstra, Dreifort and Blake. Syracuse fans dropping Ogirri and Cousinard.

Comment

Working...
                                X