Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Here's a good column from Lutz on Marshall.

EDIT: After reading that, and the other national pieces that's been written about this WSU team and his coaching/recruiting philosophy, I think he's going to be a trendsetter among programs that aren't at the level of recruiting 4-star and 5-star players. He's now published a formula and it will be interesting to see if any other coaches will be able to pull it off to the degree and success Marshall has done it here, and at Winthrop.
    What will really be interesting for me is the success Marshall's "tree" is able to have.

I can't imagine Coach Jans won't be getting head coach opportunities after this season. Will he be able to take the WSU blueprint and make it work elsewhere? If he can't, no one will be able to.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• The article on Clearly is a must read.http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1722902
      In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
        I wouldn't call Jim Schaus the Dark Days regime. To his credit after wasting $150,000 (to pay some national media firm to come up with new logo design) he backed off pretty quickly when the public reaction was so negative.
        Didn't some consultant recommend that we add a third color as well?
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

• The game-by-game retrospective in the Eagle today is a fun stroll down Memory Lane.

Comment

• Digger?

WSU's good buddy, Digger just said he believes WSU can indeed win it all. He actually named VanVleet, Baker, Early & Cotton as 4 players who together, are strong enough together to get to Dallas and take care of business.

I think it's the first time he actually did some homework and made a rational statement about a team NOT from a BCS conference.

Maybe the old guy has experienced an epiphany.

That is all.
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Someone said Wilbekin was the best PG in the country. When they came back from highlights, Bilas had his phone out saying he had VanVleet on the phone. Said VanVleet is THE best PG in America.

Comment

• Interview with FVV and Cle coming up next on CBS! After commercial break. Gotleib is there!
                Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• They did a good job.

Comment

• Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
                    Interview with FVV and Cle coming up next on CBS! After commercial break. Gotleib is there!
                    Missed it. DAMN IT!
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Can anyone post a link to the interview? I missed it

Comment

• Great piece on Buzz Williams of Marquette. His Buzz's Bunch organization is a great effort to reach kids in need.

Comment

• Coaches "Wolves do not fret over the opinions of sheep," quote makes the Championship Week highlights on ESPN.

Comment

• Gooblieb confirms his d-bagginess with the hideous shoes he has on.

Trying to deflect the attention away from his brick face.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Gooblieb confirms his d-bagginess with the hideous shoes he has on.

Trying to deflect the attention away from his brick face.
                              I came into the room in the middle of a conversation Goob was leading I think referring to a team (not of BCS) that is a sleeper because they haven't lost since November. Not sure of the team, but doesn't that go against his grain of SOS and other metrics he sleeps with?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                                I came into the room in the middle of a conversation Goob was leading I think referring to a team (not of BCS) that is a sleeper because they haven't lost since November. Not sure of the team, but doesn't that go against his grain of SOS and other metrics he sleeps with?
                                I missed that, but assume he was talking about Stephen F. Austin. And earlier, just before the Early/FVV interview, he listed Green Bay as his last team in, and talked about giving the shot to a mid-major instead of a middle of the pack BCS team. Or something along those lines.

Comment

Working...
                                X