Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
    I'm all for keepin' it real, but #17 is an outlier with almost every other poll.
    Yes it is. No question. My comment about his comments being a fair assessment were about the statements about our potential seed in the tourney. We may not like the situation, but it is a fair assessment.

But once again the media love thread gets hijacked by our obsession with debate about outliers.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      He's 1000 times correct. BYU, Alabama, and most of all Tennessee have all withered away.
      So that makes WSU a more inferior team?

Not our fault those decently preseason ranked teams are tanking. We may not get a 1 or 2 seed, but don't tell me we're just the 17th best team in the country because of it.

As wushizzle stated, he's such an outlier in the poll thing. Him and Gottlieb probably rub each others backs at night.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        But once again the media love thread gets hijacked by our obsession with debate about outliers.
        It's a message board. Get over it.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          It's a message board. Get over it.
          No.

Comment

• I'd like to spend the next three months talking about what an ass Doug Gottlieb is. That would make my season.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              I'd like to spend the next three months watching the Shockers prove what an ass Doug Gottlieb is. That would make my season.
              FYP
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                FYP
                No, I just want to talk about how he's a no talent *****. It's important to me to bring up at every opportunity so everyone understands that he's wrong.
                Livin the dream

Comment

No, I just want to talk about how he's a no talent *****. It's important to me to bring up at every opportunity so everyone understands that he's wrong.
                  Then start an official DG is an Ass Monkey thread and post to your hearts content, but don't do it here, please...

Comment

• F Parrish. Dickweed. What did he have us ranked last year when we were beating Louisville by 9 points in the F4?

Lost all respect for this tool. WHO HAS OHIO STATE PLAYED to earn a number three ranking? WHO!!!

A crap ass Notre Dame team had them down 8 with 50 seconds left. Half the teams in the Valley would have beat OSU in that situation. So he uses logic to justify our ranking but doesn't use logic to justify theirs?

Just keep winning and kick the door in again this season.

Comment

• Jocoshock, it's understood that you want this thread to be 100% media love but you HAVE to understand that we will continue to get a fair number of skeptics along the way as well. You take the good media coverage with the bad media coverage and unfortunately gotlieb is going to come up occasionally. Nobody's "hijacking" this thread so don't get so worked up if not everybody farts rainbows and craps yogurt when they mention how the team is being covered by the media. The longer we go undefeated the more naysayers we will hear from too. It would seem kinda stupid to start a thread called "Shocker Media Hate". Just relax!
                      "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Interview with Marshall: http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                          The correct link.

Wichita State’s 13-0 start is the top mark in school history. The No. 10 Shockers have thrived off the momentum they attained during last season’s Final Four run.

Comment

honest question, are you the guy who wrote the novel-blog-post against DG?
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
                              Jocoshock, it's understood that you want this thread to be 100% media love but you HAVE to understand that we will continue to get a fair number of skeptics along the way as well. You take the good media coverage with the bad media coverage and unfortunately gotlieb is going to come up occasionally. Nobody's "hijacking" this thread so don't get so worked up if not everybody farts rainbows and craps yogurt when they mention how the team is being covered by the media. The longer we go undefeated the more naysayers we will hear from too. It would seem kinda stupid to start a thread called "Shocker Media Hate". Just relax!
                              So, let me get this straight. I need to relax, but the folks who obsess on the 5% of Shocker detractors (media) can piss and moan all they want? They don't need to relax?

I have no problem with the media detractors, but this is a thread about positive news/respect for our program. A couple of weeks ago, I made a comment in one of the KU threads that it was a waste of time to even talk about that. It was CORRECTLY pointed out to me that if I didn't want to read the stuff, I should not enter that thread. They were right, I was wrong and I have stayed away of fhose threads since with one minor exception. How is asking folks not to clutter up/hijack threads about media love with HATER posts not the same thing?

I agree with you that it is stupid to have a hate thread. It is also stupid to obsess about the naysayers, but if folks insist on doing it, then they should get their own room (thread)... that is all...
                              Last edited by jocoshock; December 30, 2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Keep the love in here, keep the hate out. No issue with someone creating a Shocker hate thread, but that seems a little juvenile. Go ahead though.
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X