No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only irritating thing will be if WSU goes 27-0, and loses one game, and then ******* and the contrarian company he keeps, go "See, I told you so."
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
      The only irritating thing will be if WSU goes 27-0, and loses one game, and then ******* and the contrarian company he keeps, go "See, I told you so."
      Any loss to Loyola would be irritating regardless of what ******* may or may not say.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• worst 13-0 team ever
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
          worst 13-0 team ever
          Also the luckiest.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            Shockers move up to #7 in this week's ESPN Power Rankings.

Nine out of ten voters slot us anywhere from #7 to #11. Goober ******* STEADFASTLY bucks the trend and keeps us at #17.

The stupid is strong in this one.
            There's always gotta be one douchenugget bucking the system.

The problem I have with their "WSU hasn't played anybody" argument is that the SOS numbers don't say that, especially when you compare it to other top teams in the rankings. How come it's not mentioned with Ohio State? Hmmm?

And then my next comment would be how about you brainiacs put together a non-con schedule that would be worthy for you. Good luck finding top teams that'll play WSU.

And lastly, WSU has tried to schedule up. It's not like they scheduled all home games and patsies. It's not WSU's fault that a few highly regarded teams in the preseason are tanking it on their schedule now. It doesn't make WSU any less good.

Ignorance is so annoying.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              There's always gotta be one douchenugget bucking the system.

The problem I have with their "WSU hasn't played anybody" argument is that the SOS numbers don't say that, especially when you compare it to other top teams in the rankings. How come it's not mentioned with Ohio State? Hmmm?

And then my next comment would be how about you brainiacs put together a non-con schedule that would be worthy for you. Good luck finding top teams that'll play WSU.

And lastly, WSU has tried to schedule up. It's not like they scheduled all home games and patsies. It's not WSU's fault that a few highly regarded teams in the preseason are tanking it on their schedule now. It doesn't make WSU any less good.

Ignorance is so annoying.
              The only part I disagree with is your last sentence; it is not ignorance but arrogance.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• On the CBS podcast that was JoCo linked to yesterday, the panelist discussed whether WSU should get credit for trying to put together a challenging non-conference schedule. They all agreed that they should get credit and that the NCAA would give them credit. At the beginning of the season both Alabama and TN were picked in the top four of the SEC; and they noted road games at STL and ALA.

Given how TN played yesterday, TN could up being a good win. It seems that STL will be a good win. Jury is out on Alabama and BYU.

Comment

• Conference race simulations: Part I

31. MVC

The pick: Wichita State. Nothing really surprising here, either. The Shockers have dominated the non-conference schedule. It’s a good time to mention that they are getting far less credit for road wins against Saint Louis and Alabama than they deserve.

The contrarian pick: Wichita State to go undefeated. I don’t get why national talking heads increasing play down the undefeated angle. At some point as a youngster Seth Davis told someone he was going to be the nation’s voice of college basketball. People laughed at him for his dreams. It was way more of a longshot than Wichita State going unbeaten, but Seth made it happen. Now he’s the one laughing at the dreamers.
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Top 10 Unforgettable College Basketball Moments in 2013

3. Wichita State beats top ranked Gonzaga, en route to the Final Four

The Shockers did just that, they shocked No. 1 Gonzaga, en route to a Final Four appearance. Wichita State hit 14 3-pointers on the night, led by Cleanthony Early and Ron Baker, who each scored 16 points. Those two are currently leading the undefeated Shockers this season. In one of the best games of the year, Wichita State came close to extending its run into the national title game. But Luke Hancock was on another level in the Final Four.

Comment

• The announcers on the Ohio St Purdue game were talking about the undefeateds and got to WSU and said that they agreed with Jimmy Dykes on the unblemished til the NCAA's. Then went on to say that FVV will be an elite level PG by the end of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                        Then went on to say that FVV will be an elite level PG by the end of the season.
                        He already is!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• More today from Kevin Haskin in another year end review. http://cjonline.com/sports/2013-12-3...-and-then-some

■ KU’s reluctance to schedule Wichita State in basketball is beginning to look pretentious. Come on, Jayhawks. Expand your horizons past 6th and Wakarusa. The matchup would be good for the state, and competitive. Stiff Missouri. That’s enough. (Hey, K-State: Schedule WSU too.)

■ Adopting a theme — Play Angry — that personified its gritty head coach, Wichita State got through the West Regional with headline wins against Gonzaga and Ohio State to reach the Final Four. It was the Shockers’ first appearance since 1965. To his credit, Gregg Marshall stayed as coach, with a bigger salary.

Comment

• Top 10 College Basketball Games in 2013

9. Wichita State upsets No. 1 Gonzaga: We all knew that Wichita State could play heading into the tournament, but they solidified themselves as one of the strongest mid-major programs in the conutry with a run to the Final Four. That run got started with an upset of Gonzaga that featured a game-changing nine-possession stretch where Gonzaga scored 23 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                              Top 10 College Basketball Games in 2013

9. Wichita State upsets No. 1 Gonzaga: We all knew that Wichita State could play heading into the tournament, but they solidified themselves as one of the strongest mid-major programs in the conutry with a run to the Final Four. That run got started with an upset of Gonzaga that featured a game-changing nine-possession stretch where Gonzaga scored 23 points.
                              Wichita State scored 23 points*
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                                Wichita State scored 23 points*
                                23 points in 9 straight possessions. There have been a couple of articles written about that stretch in the paast.

Comment

Working...
                                X