No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That i guess Wichita State was very quick, very painful, like a 3 year old ripping off a bandaid
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      I agree that there are two sets of rules. You have to win a lot of games for a long time in order to get blue blood treatment. Even then, it's not garunteed.
      I don't like to go back in history but your comment shows a lack of knowledge about it. Even in the late 1950's and 60's when WSU had the best team/program in the state of Kansas, KU was dismissive of the Shockers. These attitudes aren't about just winning a lot of games for a long time in order to get blue blood treatment.

Comment

• At some point, we are going to have to move beyond worrying about KU
        and let them worry about us.

Back in the 90's, I worried about KU.
        We went to the Final Four last year.
        WSU is undefeated this year.
        I no longer care about what Self or KU thinks of WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          That wasn't the only thing cleaned up. Right after the "I guess Wichita State", the script says "But Syracuse, how would....". He actually said "But Syracuse especially, how would....".

From the script: Syracuse is the one team that hasn't had a tough loss yet, and Wichita State. But Syracuse,...

From Self's mouth: "Syracuse is the one team that hasn't had a tough loss yet, I guess Wichita State. But Syracuse especially,..." plus add the shrug.

Now this doesn't really bother me either. Instead, I take some real satisfaction that WSU's undefeated season thus far, is keeping KU from a #1 seeding and it would appear that is not setting well with Coach Self, most likely because he feels they deserve it more.
          The only thing that I enjoy more than WSU frustrating self because of our fantastic season is.....well......nothing right now. It's freakin' awesome!
          "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
            At some point, we are going to have to move beyond worrying about KU
            and let them worry about us.

Back in the 90's, I worried about KU.
            We went to the Final Four last year.
            WSU is undefeated this year.
            I no longer care about what Self or KU thinks of WSU.
            I don't think offering up much deserved criticism of Self is the same as worrying about KU.

Comment

• I don't think anyone is worried about the Jayhawks after watching their games against Texas and KSU.

The avenue of concern is a one way street right now. See, e.g., the interview above.

Comment

• Kim English seems to think Mizzou would beat WSU
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Barring a complete meltdown, the Shockers MBB, WBB and Baseball team are 49-0 in their last 49 games, and 51-2 for the 2013-14 season. Chance to add two more victories at 2:00 and 4:00 today.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                    Kim English seems to think Mizzou would beat WSU
                    He should have been more concerned with Norfolk State.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                      Kim English seems to think Mizzou would beat WSU

Don't know right off who Kim English is, but I'm guessing a sheep?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Played Guard for Mizzou, 2012 was his last year there, so of course his last game at mizzou was when they lost to Norfolk St in the tourney
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          An English sheep.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            I don't like to go back in history but your comment shows a lack of knowledge about it. Even in the late 1950's and 60's when WSU had the best team/program in the state of Kansas, KU was dismissive of the Shockers. These attitudes aren't about just winning a lot of games for a long time in order to get blue blood treatment.
                            I wasn't talking about a set of rules for Kansas and a set for WSU. I was talking about rules for blue bloods and for those that are not; hence, it takes long periods of winning to become a blue blood, and even then it isn't guaranteed. And while I was not alive in the 50's and 60's, I have a fair amount of knowledge about the history of WSU and would not think to dismiss it.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• I saw the SC thing this morning. I love how they're chiming in with our "numbers" thing we're doing. Marshall nailed another interview from Evansville.

Just so awesome.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                Oh, it goes far beyond just basketball. In 1962, when Wichita U. was trying to establish itself as a legitimate state university, KU and K-State wanted Wichita to just be an "attendance center", with KU and K-State governing it. All decisions would be made in Lawrence and Manhattan, but Wichita taxpayers would still be footing the cost. Thankfully, a group of Kansas legislators attended a Wichita U. basketball game at which Dave "the Rave" Stallworth played and came away convinced that WU's academic programs must be indicative of a "real university" and the rest is history. (from Craig Miner's book Kansas, the History of the Sunflower State)

Comment

Working...
                                X