No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @EnthusiAdams: Only team to improve or maintain RPI for 7 straight seasons? Wichita State- 198-160-49-35-18-18-7
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      If you can't find Wichita on a map, there is no hope for you.

Maybe this is Time's target market, the low information government educated moron, waiting for the dentist without a smart phone.
      They could find it on a map, if their maps weren't blank between Chicago and Las Vegas.

I read the first sentence and quit. I may get back to it, but I have better things to do than read condescending articles by elitist activists masquerading as journalists. I know the author thinks he's being cute, but he's not. Puppies are cute. Gargoyles are not. Unless you're from Bradley.

Von Drehle? Really? Did he make that name up?

Ok, I digress.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        They could find it on a map, if their maps weren't blank between Chicago and Las Vegas.

I read the first sentence and quit. I may get back to it, but I have better things to do than read condescending articles by elitist activists masquerading as journalists. I know the author thinks he's being cute, but he's not. Puppies are cute. Gargoyles are not. Unless you're from Bradley.

Von Drehle? Really? Did he make that name up?

Ok, I digress.
        Updated, March 11: Wichita is now properly labeled on Google’s map. The original piece has been changed to reflect Wichita’s new-found prominence.

Comment

• As soon as I read the first line I closed the article and was going to post something here but I see y'all beat me to it. But I'm a glutton for punishment so I went back to read it and ... she is right.

Go to maps.google.com and search for "Sunflower State" or "Kansas" and you will get a zoomed out view of Kansas with no mention of Wichita. That's pretty ****ed up / funny.

Zoom out one click and Wichita is there. Zoom in one click and wichita is there. But at that particular zoom level ... nope.

E: More importantly -- what injuries have they overcome this year? Whatever basketball gods exist they took out the injury voodoo for sure on us last year.
          Last edited by Rosewood; March 11, 2014, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
            As soon as I read the first line I closed the article and was going to post something here but I see y'all beat me to it. But I'm a glutton for punishment so I went back to read it and ... she is right.

Go to maps.google.com and search for "Sunflower State" or "Kansas" and you will get a zoomed out view of Kansas with no mention of Wichita. That's pretty ****ed up / funny.

Zoom out one click and Wichita is there. Zoom in one click and wichita is there. But at that particular zoom level ... nope.

E: More importantly -- what injuries have they overcome this year? Whatever basketball gods exist they took out the injury voodoo for sure on us last year.
            If I still lived in Wichita, I would make that my Avatar.

CLASSIC...

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
              @EnthusiAdams: Only team to improve or maintain RPI for 7 straight seasons? Wichita State- 198-160-49-35-18-18-7
              So this will be our 5th consecutive season to finish as a top 50 RPI team?

I guess that kinda hurts the KU argument that WSU should show some staying power as a decent team before expecting to get a series with KU. 5 seasons is more than a flash in the pan, and lets not forget that WSU has been top 100 in 9 of the past 11 seasons!

Comment

Lest we forget, we are without our backup-PG this year. This is oft forgotten when people point out a lack of depth at the PG position.

Aside from DJ, we have been very fortunate this year (and I would entertain an argument that we were even more fortunate with DJ's situation).

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  Lest we forget, we are without our backup-PG this year. This is oft forgotten when people point out a lack of depth at the PG position.

Aside from DJ, we have been very fortunate this year (and I would entertain an argument that we were even more fortunate with DJ's situation).
                  I too have wondered what this season would look like with Bowles playing point behind Fred.

Tough to imagine it would have ended up like it has so far, but I guess we'll never know.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    This is true and I agree completely with your aside. His health is way more important than our depth.

Comment

As soon as I read the first line I closed the article and was going to post something here but I see y'all beat me to it. But I'm a glutton for punishment so I went back to read it and ... she is right.

I pointed this out to a friend and co-worker of mine who is a KU alum. He said the project lead for Google Maps is a KU grad. Conspiracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                        Love it. I had it pulled up in another tab, but just now got around to reading it. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Chadrack's comment about Cle may be my favorite line from the article, aside from the ripping from Marshall that brought it on.
                        "If you get him motivated like that," Lufile says, "He turns into one of those monsters like you see on Space Jam."

Comment

• For those of us who aren't insiders, could someone list ESPN / Gasaway's top 10? (Just a list, no writeups, for all you IP lawyers out there.) I'd like to see the company FVV is keeping these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            I pointed this out to a friend and co-worker of mine who is a KU alum. He said the project lead for Google Maps is a KU grad. Conspiracy.
                            He's right.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

More importantly -- what injuries have they overcome this year? Whatever basketball gods exist they took out the injury voodoo for sure on us last year.
                              Ron's ankle and word is that Tekele has been playing on 2 broken legs. Apparently, his muscles are so strong that he really doesn't need bones for support like a normal human.

Comment

• Not sure if this is media love, but it's a really good article breaking down Shockers plusses and minuses and chances in the NCAA tourney sent to me buy an NBA scout:

Comment

Working...
                                X