7. Wisconsin
    8. Oklahoma State

In the others receiving votes category, he has (in order):
    1. Ohio State
    2. KU
    3. Kentucky
    4. Gonzaga
    5. Oregon
    6. WSU ("They aren't the same Final Four threat without Malcolm Armstead, but they are the best ***-***** I have seen this season.") Ugh.
    7. Iowa
    You know Bilas isn't going to have a list like this without his Dookies on it. They could be 0-9 right now and he'd chalk it up to strength-of-schedule.

Of course, this is the guy who wants a basketball BCS in effect, and when I asked him if he would include Auburn (who was having an absolute dog of a year) in his group of "elite programs," he said yes, all but admitting that basketball performance was secondary to money. (He also said he'd include WSU, but let's see how far he sticks to that statement when KU and Royboy have the chance to relegate schools like WSU forever.)

Comment

• Last of the Unbeatens: Thirteen teams remain
      Wichita State (11-0)

What they've done so far: This is definitely one to watch going forward. The Shockers are better than last season's Final Four team – with wins in the past three weeks over BYU, Saint Louis, Tennessee and Alabama.

Next game: Dec. 22 vs. North Carolina Central

Next possible loss: Jan. 18 at Indiana State

Comment

• check out the video and Bruce Pearl

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
          "Gregg Marshall, Wichita State Shockers

Last season’s Final Four semifinalist Wichita State was no flash in the pan. The reason is Marshall. He’s a great talent evaluator and understands the business of the sport. He is a disciple of two of the best coaches in college basketball who most don't know in former Charleston coach John Kresse and Randolph Macon legend Hal Nunnally. Marshall is an elite coach who gets his players to play winning basketball. They call it "playing angry."

The Shockers defend, execute, rebound and take care of the basketball. Marshall has a point guard, in Fred VanFleet, who has developed into an elite playmaker as a sophomore. Alongside him is Ron Baker, a versatile shooting guard who does more than makes shots, as he’s a complete basketball player who can play with and without the ball. Baker has built on his strong play from last season’s NCAA tournament. Up front, preseason Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Year Cleanthony Early is a tough matchup. But what makes it all work is Marshall’s ability to put the pieces together. He has a roster of players who embrace their roles and play for the good of the team." ESPN, Seth Greenberg, "Coaches Getting The Most Out Of Their Rosters"
          C'mon Seth, I can't buy your love if you can't get FVV's last name correct. Get it straight man!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
            http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...n-teams-remain

Last of the Unbeatens: Thirteen teams remain
            All of this talk by the national media about going unbeaten in non-conference and next possible loss is Indiana St will be bulletin board material for Davidson.
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Next possible loss: Jan. 18 at Indiana State
              Technically, our next possible loss will always be our next game which, in this case, is North Carolina Central. I suppose there is no harm in the media and fans thinking differently, but the challenge for 3G and staff will be keeping his guys focused on what's on their plate next amid all the media and fan clamor and hub-bub.

Maybe we will have a game that we can look at and say it is a guaranteed win, but we've seen the Shocks falter too many times to inferior teams to really believe that is the case.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 18, 2013, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                All of this talk by the national media about going unbeaten in non-conference and next possible loss is Indiana St will be bulletin board material for Davidson.
                Could be but even with this talk we have huge target on our back and the Shocks will be the super-bowl for pretty much any of the teams remaining on our schedule. We are now the hunted. Everyone we play will be sky high to knock us off. But I like the make-up of this team and I think they can stay focused on what is immediately in front of them. Even that is no guarantee of anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Technically, our next possible loss will always be our next game which, in this case, is North Carolina Central. I suppose there is no harm in the media and fans thinking differently, but the challenge for 3G and staff will be keeping his guys focused on what's on their plate next amid all the media and fan clamor and hub-bub.

Maybe we will have a game that we can look at and say it is a guaranteed win, but we've seen the Shocks falter too many times to inferior teams to really believe that is the case.
                  Agreed. NC Central is a pretty good team this year. They ain't no cupcake. No way the coaching staff overlooks them, but I hope our players get the message.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                    Here's another great article this morning from Big 10 reporter Paul Kilgas who writes on Rant Sports: "Look for Wichita State to enter conference play undefeated at 13-0, and expect them to be chasing perfection for a majority of the season. Even if they stumble somewhere in conference play, it’s not a reach to believe that the Shockers could end the NCAA Tournament as the most perfect team in the entire nation, with a championship to prove that they deserve respect."
                    Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-baske...5MllKb2S6fq.99
                    now, that's a good one.

Comment

• For all you gif lovers out there.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• They were McDonald’s All-Americans, 5-star prospects and members of the greatest recruiting class in college basketball history. Or at least that’s what some folks called it...

Shox in Jason King's top 12 plus Baker love.
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                          http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...tucky-wildcats

Shox in Jason King's top 12 plus Baker love.
                          From Jason King:

An NBA scout told me Tuesday that Cleanthony Early isn’t the only Wichita State player with an NBA future.“I really like Ron Baker,” the scout said. “A lot of people are starting to talk about him because he’s a big guard who can shoot it and play multiple positions. He’s probably a four-year guy in college, but he can play in the league.”

Question: Is it out of the question for Tekele Cotton to play in the NBA. Obviously, you are not going to rely on him for a lot of scoring but his defense, toughness, and winning intangibles are off the charts IMHO. It would have to be the right fit, but in the that right situation I could see him being a valuable piece of winning puzzle.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            From Jason King:

An NBA scout told me Tuesday that Cleanthony Early isn’t the only Wichita State player with an NBA future.“I really like Ron Baker,” the scout said. “A lot of people are starting to talk about him because he’s a big guard who can shoot it and play multiple positions. He’s probably a four-year guy in college, but he can play in the league.”

Question: Is it out of the question for Tekele Cotton to play in the NBA. Obviously, you are not going to rely on him for a lot of scoring but his defense, toughness, and winning intangibles are off the charts IMHO. It would have to be the right fit, but in the that right situation I could see him being a valuable piece of winning puzzle.
                            Cotton has to be able to play the NBA PG position. If so, and it's a big if in my book, he's a lock for the NBA at some point. He wasn't awesome at the PG spot last night.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Mike DeCourcy on WIBW 580 discussion Barry Hinson and Shockers. Shocker talk starts around 5:00. http://www.wibwnewsnow.com/mike-deco...0-sports-talk/

DeCourcy says Baker and VanVleet has the best point guard in Kansas. He says good things about Baker too. Also talks KU - WSU stuff (which is getting a bit tiring)

Comment

• I have not noticed this item here; I might have just missed it. http://0-sportsillustrated.cnn.com.l...ate-villanova/
                                My early top five for national coach of the year:
                                1. Bo Ryan, Wisconsin
                                2. Miller, Arizona
                                3. Jay Wright, Villanova
                                4. Gregg Marshall, Wichita State
                                5. Derek Kellogg, UMass

Villanova was picked fourth in the Big East preseason coaches poll and didn't appear in any preseason Top 25s. As we close in on the new year, the Wildcats have established themselves as the best Big East team, and Wright has them playing the stingiest defense (at an adjusted 0.900 PPP) of anyone outside of Ohio State. That's worthy of COY recognition.
                                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                                X