Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockerfan34 View Post
    Gregg Marshall with a nice interview on Andy Katz podcast: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=10089121
    Coach HC3GM on Cle: "Right now, his head's messed up." Referring to that he's trying to do too much in order to "become THE guy" and thinking too much about the "next level".

Cracked me up.
    Last edited by Kung Wu; December 6, 2013, 06:03 PM.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
      Thanks much for posting this.

It is hard to grasp that a national college basketball analyst (Katz) says that WSU is a part of the national championship conversation. Simply unbelievable.
      not so hard to grasp, though, if you saw what wichita state had going on in the early '80's and early '60's/'50's.

first things first, if stallworth and bowman had played in the '64 postseason, wichita state would have already had a national championship (went to the final four anyway, even without rave and bowman- mid season ineligbles). book it. that's my story and i'm sticking to it. '83 team (forwards ac and x) had final four, at least elite eight, written all over it (GREAT character, mtxe, play angry tough, alas, probation).

Comment

Awesome interview.
        Love the fact we are included in National Championship talk at this stage. So blessed to have this coaching staff and players. We root like hell for them--and they know and appreciate it. Marshall--as he said--may not be here 20 years from now, but there is a good chance that; with the way he coaches and players he recruits, he may land a NC before he leaves--if he ever does.

Comment

Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
          Awesome interview.
          Love the fact we are included in National Championship talk at this stage. So blessed to have this coaching staff and players. We root like hell for them--and they know and appreciate it. Marshall--as he said--may not be here 20 years from now, but there is a good chance that; with the way he coaches and players he recruits, he may land a NC before he leaves--if he ever does.
          I second that. Pretty F'n awesome...
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
            not so hard to grasp, though, if you saw what wichita state had going on in the early '80's and early '60's/'50's.

first things first, if stallworth and bowman had played in the '64 postseason, wichita state would have already had a national championship (went to the final four anyway, even without rave and bowman- mid season ineligbles). book it. that's my story and i'm sticking to it. '83 team (forwards ac and x) had final four, at least elite eight, written all over it (GREAT character, mtxe, play angry tough, alas, probation).

One minor point of clarification. It was the 65 team that lost Stallworth and Bowman. The 64 team was a heavy favorite to win the NC but was UPSET by underdog Kansas State in the Midwest Regional Final in our own arena. One of starters was ruled ineligibe or something to that effect. Tex Winter, the K State coach was interviewed by the KC Star back in the late 80s and he named that game the most memorable victory when they upset the Shockers.

One other thing about those years. If you go back find the schedules for the 63,64,65 seasons and look at our non-con schedules, your jaw will drop. Loaded with lots of games against BIG TEN conference and other quality opponents. In the 63 season, I think our weakest opponents were BYU and Air Force.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Coach HC3GM on Cle: "Right now, his head's messed up." Referring to that he's trying to do too much in order to "become THE guy" and thinking too much about the "next level".

Cracked me up.
              Cle still draws a lot of defensive attention, which has probably been beneficial to Ron.

If that focus changes, maybe Cle lets loose.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                One minor point of clarification. It was the 65 team that lost Stallworth and Bowman. The 64 team was a heavy favorite to win the NC but was UPSET by underdog Kansas State in the Midwest Regional Final in our own arena. One of starters was ruled ineligibe or something to that effect. Tex Winter, the K State coach was interviewed by the KC Star back in the late 80s and he named that game the most memorable victory when they upset the Shockers.

One other thing about those years. If you go back find the schedules for the 63,64,65 seasons and look at our non-con schedules, your jaw will drop. Loaded with lots of games against BIG TEN conference and other quality opponents. In the 63 season, I think our weakest opponents were BYU and Air Force.
                got'cha

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                  Cle still draws a lot of defensive attention, which has probably been beneficial to Ron.

If that focus changes, maybe Cle lets loose.
                  Yeah I am not worried about Cle one bit. He'll get dialed in soon.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan34 View Post
                    Gregg Marshall with a nice interview on Andy Katz podcast: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=10089121
                    Whose Fred Van Fleet?
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

They'll learn. They'll learn. Mr. Fred will teach 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                        Whose Fred Van Fleet?
                        HCGMs FVV
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                          HCGMs FVV
                          kcshocker11 was saying that because in the podcast they were saying Fred Van Fleet instead of Fred VanVleet.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            kcshocker11 was saying that because in the podcast they were saying Fred Van Fleet instead of Fred VanVleet.
                            And I was poking fun at the grammar used
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                              And I was poking fun at the grammar used
                              Then wouldn't it be "HCGM's FVV"?
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                                Then wouldn't it be "HCGM's FVV"?
                                Ouch

Comment

Working...
                                X