Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Favorite AP lawrence voter Tom Keegan ranked us #1

Kansas had plenty of elite company in losing. Six of the eight teams ranked from No. 4 through No. 11 lost Saturday. How did that happen? All but one of the losses happened in road games, another reminder that parity places even greater importance on a game’s location. Somewhat surprisingly given all the losing going […]
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      I think K-State is one of those 'druther not play them teams' because, like the Shocks, they generally get after it defensively.
      But all they have inside is Gibson. I think that we'd match up well with K State on a neutral court. They only have one outside shooter (PG forgot his name) and Foster can hit the outside shot and slash to the rim, but we have Cotton for him. I like our chances. If we hit some outside shots, it wouldn't be a game.

Comment

• Not a poll item per se: the BPI is someone's index and thus semi-objective (semi in the sense that it's objective given the criteria subjectively chosen to create the index), but I was impressed that in the latest "Basketball Power Index" on ESPN's site WSU has moved up to #4. Every week, the lovely and talented Doug Gottlieb becomes more isolated in his opinion.

Comment

• WSU loses two points and 1 first place vote in the Coaches poll.

Find the complete NCAAM Final Rankings rankings on ESPN. Includes the full votes and trend for the top 25 NCAAM teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            But all they have inside is Gibson. I think that we'd match up well with K State on a neutral court. They only have one outside shooter (PG forgot his name) and Foster can hit the outside shot and slash to the rim, but we have Cotton for him. I like our chances. If we hit some outside shots, it wouldn't be a game.
            I think every game we play from here on out could be a game with the possible exception of a 1 - 16 matchup if we can secure that 1 seed. And even then you just never know for sure. Post-season play is such a crap shoot and strange things seem to happen. If I knew we would be as locked in as we were in the 1st half of the Missouri State game on both ends of the floor in every game we play I like our chances.

Comment

• Speaking tournament matchups, I want soft teams. The softer, the better. We can grind out wins with the best of them, but doing so keeps possession counts low and makes it easier for a fluky game to cause problems. So give me Creighton, give me Duke, give me Michigan. Give me Iowa and Oklahoma and Oregon. Give me Iona and UCLA. If I were constructing a tournament, I'd want our bracket to look like:

1 Wichita State University
              16 Anyone
              (Note, all of the 8/9 teams are fairly close, and most are good on defense)
              8 Xavier
              9 George Washington

(Honestly, I'd take the 8/9s over most of the 4/5s)
              5 Oklahoma
              12 Green Bay
              4 UCLA
              13 Iona

6 Iowa
              11 Baylor
              3 Creighton
              14 Georgia State

7 New Mexico
              10 California
              2 Duke
              15 Davidson

I know that group would never be actually assembled as a bracket, but that is what I think we'd do best against. Average defensive rank of 93 for teams seeded 2-15, with George Washington having the best defensive ranking at 26. I challenge anyone to assemble an easier bracket than one filling with teams that only play offense.

Comment

• Can they take the #5-10 teams that keep losing aka Ku and move them down past #10 and move up the batch #10-16 or so in their place?

Comment

• Will this team be the only undefeated team to NOT be ranked #1 at some point in the season??
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                    Will this team be the only undefeated team to NOT be ranked #1 at some point in the season??
                    I believe that we will be ranked #1 at the end of the season. Does that count?
                    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
                      I believe that we will be ranked #1 at the end of the season. Does that count?
                      That's the only one that counts.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• I want big conference teams in our bracket.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                          Will this team be the only undefeated team to NOT be ranked #1 at some point in the season??
                          An Announcer recently said he did not think the voters would give us that #1 slot.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• WSU 2nd in both polls Villanova 3rd, Arizona 4th, KU 10th in both polls

Comment

• We pick up one of Arizona's number 1 votes to capture 15 out of 65. Still have 7 of 32 with the coaches.

Saint Louis's win at UMASS clinching the A10 was massive for them ending their three game skid and basically letting them hold steady at 18 (down 1 from last week). A fourth loss would have surely dropped them out.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• We picked up 19 points in the AP. We are currently ranked 1st 15 ballots, 2nd on 49 ballots and 3rd on 1 ballot for 1574 points.
                                We picked up 6 points in the Coaches. We are currently ranked 1st on 7 ballots and 2nd on 25 for 775 points.

Comment

Working...
                                X