No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seth Davis leaves us at 2 but the real head scratcher is he moves Creighton up to 6. I think the guy needs his head examined.

Comment

• I'm not gonna track the votes much since nothing changed in the Top 3, although Arizona might close the gap a little. Below are ballots already out:

Jerry Carino keeps us at #1, Dave Borges and Seth Davis keep us at #2.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        Victor - noun: the contestant who wins the contest

"To the victor belong the spoils" ...Andrew Jackson

Guess not so much in college basketball, huh?
        In college basketball the spoils go to the victor of 6 games in mid-March through early April, exactly the way it should be...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
          What is that old saying -- "It's really, really hard to beat a team three times in one season." Well in order to win Arch Madness we have to do that not once, not twice, but THREE times. I say we are up to it but if you don't think some of these Valley teams have learned a thing or two about how to play us, you are living in a dream world. I don't look for this to be easy and I will have a knot in my stomach during each game we play from here on out.
          It may be hard to beat a team three times in a year starting from scratch -- I'm not convinced, personally, but let's assume for the sake of argument -- but it's not so hard to do it once you've already done it twice, especially if you've done it convincingly, because not only do you have a two-game head start, but also then the team on the losing end has to convince itself first that it actually CAN win.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            It may be hard to beat a team three times in a year starting from scratch -- I'm not convinced, personally, but let's assume for the sake of argument -- but it's not so hard to do it once you've already done it twice, especially if you've done it convincingly, because not only do you have a two-game head start, but also then the team on the losing end has to convince itself first that it actually CAN win.
            And I think that axiom may be a bit less applicable with a team like ours, where any guy can(and has) stepped up for a big-scoring game. They double-team Early, and Baker or Cotton kills them. Leave Van Vleet alone for a moment, and he's hitting a three or driving through traffic for a score.

Comment

• worst thing that can happen is injuries...but that could happen any time of any game. I think we will win Arch Madness this year...team really seems unsatisfied and looks to have something to prove from last years run. just hope they maintain a level of togetherness and remember to enjoy this years run.

Comment

• I say we pick up 7 more points and 3 more first place ballots in todays AP Poll, bringing our total to 1,556 points.

Comment

• If my opinion mattered:
                  1. Florida
                  2. Wichita State
                  3. Arizona
                  4. Duke
                  5. Virginia
                  6. Louisville
                  7. Creighton
                  8. Syracuse
                  9. Nova
                  10. KU
                  11. Wisconsin
                  12. San Diego State
                  13. North Carolina
                  14. Michigan
                  15. SMU
                  16. Cincinnati
                  17. Memphis
                  18. Oklahoma
                  19. New Mexico
                  20. Iowa State
                  21. Connecticut
                  22. Kansas State
                  23. St. Louis
                  24. Stephen F. Austin
                  25. Harvard

Fell From Rankings: Kentucky, Michigan State, Iowa, Ohio State, Texas

Comment

• Hilarious to see Kentucky falling out of the polls in early March. Of course, this is only temporary as they will surely start next season #1 again.

Comment

• WSU stays at #2 in AP, receiving 14 first place votes.

Comment

• Week 18 is out -- still #2 but Florida lost a vote to Arizona. We picked up 6 more points.

Find the complete NCAAM Final Rankings rankings on ESPN. Includes the full votes and trend for the top 25 NCAAM teams.

Slu all the way down to 17. Not that it matters much anymore.

Comment

• Actual AP Poll - Mar. 3:
                          1. Florida (46)
                          2. WSU (14)
                          3. Arizona (5)
                          4. Duke
                          5. Virginia
                          6. Villanova
                          7. Syracuse
                          8. Kansas
                          9. Wisconsin
                          10. San Diego State
                          11. Louisville
                          12. Michigan
                          13. Creighton
                          14. North Carolina
                          15. Cincinnati
                          16. Iowa State
                          17. Saint Louis
                          18. SMU
                          19. UConn
                          20. Memphis
                          21. New Mexico
                          22. Michigan State (How is this possible?)
                          23. Oklahoma
                          24. Iowa (Once again, how?)
                          25. Kentucky (I give up.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Hilarious to see Kentucky falling out of the polls in early March. Of course, this is only temporary as they will surely start next season #1 again.
                            Stephen F. Austin is ranked higher than the mighty Wildcats. Who knew?
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                              That was my play rankings. The actual AP I posted a minute ago.

But yes, I think SFA deserves to be above Kentucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                                you are losing touch RDR. SFA isn't ranked.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                                X