No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Berman drops WSU from #2 last week to #3 this week. He jumps FL from #5 to #2. In past weeks this would have bothered me, but after FL won at KY it is a little hard to get upset about this. He drops AZ from #3 to #4 and He ups SLU from #11 last week to #10 this week. http://www.roanoke.com/sports/column...a4bcf6878.html

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
      Mark Berman drops WSU from #2 last week to #3 this week. He jumps FL from #5 to #2. In past weeks this would have bothered me, but after FL won at KY it is a little hard to get upset about this. He drops AZ from #3 to #4 and He ups SLU from #11 last week to #10 this week. http://www.roanoke.com/sports/column...a4bcf6878.html
      Isn't this the same guy that called in on the MVC Coaches phone interview? Did he really drop us for the 2nd time when we won twice in a week? I suspect he won't be calling in again anytime soon.

Comment

• Geoff Grammer is the first ballot that weve seen where WSU was not #2 or #3, but he does have WSU @ #4 and it it is an improvement of 2 spots from last week (he had WSU at #6 last week). He improves FL one spot to #2 and drops AZ one spot to #3. He moves SLU from #10 to #7. http://www.abqjournal.com/354371/spo...or-feb-17.html

We have seen 10 ballots now. WSU was #3 on 7, #2 on 2, and #4 on 1 and had gained 13 points from last week. FL was #2 on 8 ballots and #3 on 2 ballots and had gained 8 points from last week. AZ was #4 on 8 ballots, #5 on 1 ballot and #3 on 1 ballot. AZ has lost 12 points from last week on these 10 ballots. And finally SLU has been 6, 7, 8, 9, 9, 10, 11, 11, 12, 14 on these ten ballots. SLU has gained 22 points from last week.

Conclusion, WSU should definitely be #3 this week passing Arizona and may actually gain a few points on FL (unless some of the other voters make FL #1). SLU should also move into the top 10.

Comment

• I'm excited to get angry at the those two idiots who have had us at 10 & 9. If they keep us there I can stay angry. Yey! If they finally realize how stupid they are we could gain 10 points on 2 ballots.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            I thought 5 was our ceiling?

Oh well. Works for me.
            He did the same thing with Gonzaga last year. Said they couldn't do anything to get a vote from him higher than #6. Then all the other teams kept losing. He finally caved when it was obvious they were going to be voted #1 by just about everyone else.

I think it is really dumb to publicly announce a ceiling for a team. I don't agree with it, and I think it opens you up to a lot of just criticism. That said, Davis is unlike ******* and Gottlieb in that eventually he is willing to admit he was wrong and move on. I think we all know Gottlieb is overpaid, but he must be WAY overpaid to cover all the doubling-down he's done against the Shox. What I think this really means is that Davis' voting method is flawed, but ******* and Gottlieb are vindictive morons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              He did the same thing with Gonzaga last year. Said they couldn't do anything to get a vote from him higher than #6. Then all the other teams kept losing. He finally caved when it was obvious they were going to be voted #1 by just about everyone else.

I think it is really dumb to publicly announce a ceiling for a team. I don't agree with it, and I think it opens you up to a lot of just criticism. That said, Davis is unlike ******* and Gottlieb in that eventually he is willing to admit he was wrong and move on. I think we all know Gottlieb is overpaid, but he must be WAY overpaid to cover all the doubling-down he's done against the Shox. What I think this really means is that Davis' voting method is flawed, but ******* and Gottlieb are vindictive morons.
              Well stated.

Guys like Davis and Parrish clearly underrated us, but at the same time (despite their own rankings) they occassionally defended us in columns and tweets. They were more skeptics than haters. They have shown the mental agility to adjust and are now in line with everyone else. Kudos to them.

OTOH, Gottlieb and ******* just keep digging in, waiting for a loss to vindicate their stance. Their egos will not allow them to admit they were wrong, and they are now extreme outliers on their view of WSU. Each win is a thorn in their side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                Well stated.

Guys like Davis and Parrish clearly underrated us, but at the same time (despite their own rankings) they occassionally defended us in columns and tweets. They were more skeptics than haters. They have shown the mental agility to adjust and are now in line with everyone else. Kudos to them.

OTOH, Gottlieb and ******* just keep digging in, waiting for a loss to vindicate their stance. Their egos will not allow them to admit they were wrong, and they are now extreme outliers on their view of WSU. Each win is a thorn in their side.
                I guess if we win the title, they will say "see I told you so" when other guys get picked ahead of ours in the nba draft. Or if we happen to lose a game next year sometime.

Comment

• I know there's no point in making this argument on here, but I can't fathom how Kentucky is still going to secure a decent ranking. They should be at the bottom of the top 25, if in it at all. They have only one good victory-- against Louisville (in Lexington).

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    It's gonna be really fun to see WSU, SLU, CU, SDSU and maybe even Gonzaga all as top 10 teams soon :)

BCS folks are going to have heart attacks.
                    I realized I have to retract this comment. While it might be fun, if it happens, it will be another way everyone can say we had the easiest year to win a nation title in because so many real teams were "down" this year.

We will win the Valley because Creighton was gone and we will win the title or make a long run because it was a down year at the top... So far down that there were as many as five crappy mid majors in the top 10

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                      I realized I have to retract this comment. While it might be fun, if it happens, it will be another way everyone can say we had the easiest year to win a nation title in because so many real teams were "down" this year.

We will win the Valley because Creighton was gone and we will win the title or make a long run because it was a down year at the top... So far down that there were as many as five crappy mid majors in the top 10
                      Yes, that good old down year where BCS teams are loaded with freshmen in what is considered one of the best and deepest NBA draft classes in recent memory. Spin away, BCS apologists, spin away.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• I was thinking along the same lines. The NC this year would be the easiest to win since so many of the "Elite" schools had down years or were decimated with injuries.

Comment

• Davis said our ceiling was at #5 until teams in front of us lost or had multiple losses... That is happening, so he is moving us up.
                          Also, he defends us quite a bit on twitter when the idiots come out to talk about us...

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                            I was thinking along the same lines. The NC this year would be the easiest to win since so many of the "Elite" schools had down years or were decimated with injuries.
                            I'll take it any way I can get it. (Well not any way. I don't want the Coach Cal method.) Everybody on the planet is free to hate on us for the rest of time, give me the hardware and I'll smile and nod.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              Yes, that good old down year where BCS teams are loaded with freshmen in what is considered one of the best and deepest NBA draft classes in recent memory. Spin away, BCS apologists, spin away.
                              I'm sure over the next couple years a plethora of recruiting scandals will come out regarding this year's freshman-heavy class. They'll have essentially just gone to school to go to the NBA and then leave the school with violations for years after.

Maybe not. But I'm sure at least a couple of these kids got some gear as a "perk."

Comment

• Those kids only have a to stay eligible for 1 semester. They don't even have to go to class 2nd semester if they know they're going pro. It's aterrible way to run your program. If Kentucky flops out again this year, I'm not sure how long the alums will put up with this type of recruiting. Some of the other top coaches have figure out you can do better by not recruiting the "one and dones".

Comment

Working...
                                X