X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girls, please

IT IS KNOWN

Comment

• Last week, the thing I got the most heat about in these rankings were where I had Syracuse situated: sitting at No. 3, sitting directly behind a Michigan State team that has a loss to a North Carolina team that the Orange have already beaten.

Shox stay put a 7 in NBC's poll. Wisconsin drops from 4 to 10. KU jumps from 9 to 4. Florida moves from 5 to 4.
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• The really unfortunate thing about this week's poll is that we did as much as we can do in any remaining game in the regular season: We thoroughly destroyed the #2 team in the league on national TV. That was the best win left available on our schedule, we got it convincingly, and will get jumped in the polls.

Thanks Valley!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...test-top-25-6/

Shox stay put a 7 in NBC's poll. Wisconsin drops from 4 to 10. KU jumps from 9 to 4. Florida moves from 5 to 4.
          lol at the KU jumping
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• It's actually Villanova with the better profile -- even factoring in how the Shockers waxed Indiana State on Saturday -- and that was becoming more apparent to me over the weekend.

We may be splitting hairs, but Villanova has played a tougher schedule than Wichita (No. 11 vs. No. 82), a slightly tougher non-conference schedule (No. 21 vs. No. 63) and has beaten more teams (4-3) in the projected field or under consideration. And the quality of Villanova's best wins -- N-Kansas, N-Iowa -- surpasses anything Wichita (N-BYU, @Saint Louis, Tennessee) can put on the table.

Two final thoughts on the topic:

• I am fully aware Villanova could lose Monday night to Creighton and render all of this moot.
            • I actually think the fourth-best team in the country is neither the Wildcats nor Shockers, but in fact is Kansas. However, that's another story for another day.

It's an Insider article, so this is all I can see, but Villanova jumps the Shox on the S-Curve. Appears to have the #1 seed vacated by Wisconsin. Looks like we may be (temporarily) hitting a ceiling...

Joe Lunardi provides his latest Bracket Math update, looking at where every team in the NCAA tournament mix stands right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
              lol at the KU jumping
              4 Straight wins ove Top 25 teams. Two of those on the road.

Lol at Kansas all you want, as i despise them also. But you cant discount the stretch of games they just played and won.

Comment

• KAKE Sports ‏@KAKEsports 1m
                WSU remains 5th in latest basketball poll, KU climbs to 8th and KSU back in at 22nd. Story to follow. pic.twitter.com/qAr6aPgUUt

Find the 2023-24 NCAAM rankings on ESPN, including the Coaches and AP poll for the top 25 NCAAM teams.

Wisconsin falls to 9th

Comment

• Read the latest college basketball news. Keep up with college basketball rankings, scores, and stats of your favorite players and teams, all on AP News.

Villanova jumps the shocks by 9 points.
                  WSU is still 65 over Flordia.

Kansas 8
                  St Louis 19
                  K State 22

Comment

• Not surprised. Last year Pitt, Gonzaga, and Ohio State were all supposed to be better and boatrace the Shocks. Nothing new.

Comment

• The latest vegas odds have KU as the favorite to with the national championship, and I can't say I disagree (as much as I hate them). If they get turnovers under control, they really would be difficult for anyone to beat. However, if we did get matched up with them in the tourney, and if we COULD create a lot of turn overs and if we were hitting our shots, I'm not saying we couldn't beat them.

Comment

• Shockers votes increase from 1,300 to 1,368 this week.

Nothing to freak out about. We are still moving up on people's ballots, and Villanova will suffer a loss in their upcoming three game road swing. Florida (#6) will also stub their toe a few times in the coming weeks.

We will continue to rise.

Comment

• SLU moved up to 19. Top 20 road wins look nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                            The latest vegas odds have KU as the favorite to with the national championship, and I can't say I disagree (as much as I hate them). If they get turnovers under control, they really would be difficult for anyone to beat. However, if we did get matched up with them in the tourney, and if we COULD create a lot of turn overs and if we were hitting our shots, I'm not saying we couldn't beat them.
                            Good grief, don't make it sound like a longshot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                              Good grief, don't make it sound like a longshot.
                              Have you watched them play recently?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                                Have you watched them play recently?
                                All year.

Have you watched us?

Comment

Working...
                                X