Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
    Still wouldn't be shocked if Nova jumps us come Monday. I never thought I'd pull for Creighton again, but for our own good, get it done Dougie. Poll wise and seed wise.
    That is blasphemous. I hope that school that left the mo valley and shall remain nameless dwells forever in the shadow of despair and defeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
      That is blasphemous. I hope that school that left the mo valley and shall remain nameless dwells forever in the shadow of despair and defeat.
      Don't worry, they will. It starts at the conclusion of their final game of 2013-2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Don't worry, they will. It starts at the conclusion of their final game of 2013-2014.
        Without a doubt.

Comment

• I also think Villanova may jump ahead. Their only loss is to Syracuse. If you don't want CU to help, guess we have to wait longer for #4
          Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• ESPN Radio is Sirius ran ESPN news. They compared Syracuse against WSU. Of course WSU had a much easier game to remain undefeated.
            At this point, you'd think WSU never plays on the road & always schedules juco schools. Nevermind that Syracuse had a close game at home against Pitt. And WSU handled them convincingly in March. New conference or not, WSU needs to get on TV. Not internet, not some crappy local cable coverage an actual TV broadcast. WSU can win the title game & still be ranked #3.
            Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
              WSU can win the title game & still be ranked #3.
              I'd take that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                Still wouldn't be shocked if Nova jumps us come Monday. I never thought I'd pull for Creighton again, but for our own good, get it done Dougie. Poll wise and seed wise.
                I think there is a good chance the Shocks are #5 in the AP poll and #4 in the coaches poll this week.

Comment

• Dickie V's top 5
                  @DickieV: Top 5 Arizona - Cuse - MSU- Villanova - Wichita St - How many of u would have these pre season as ur top 5? Not me!
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                    Dickie V's top 5
                    @DickieV: Top 5 Arizona - Cuse - MSU- Villanova - Wichita St - How many of u would have these pre season as ur top 5? Not me!
                    Dickie V had Nova at #7 last week. Not sure how a home win over Depaul is worthy of a move up to #4?? Anyways, that is 3 of the 11 points Nova needs to jump us right there.

Comment

• Let the Nova jumping begin. Oh well.

Gives us more motivation to annihilate those posers on Wednesday.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
                        ESPN Radio is Sirius ran ESPN news. They compared Syracuse against WSU. Of course WSU had a much easier game to remain undefeated.
                        At this point, you'd think WSU never plays on the road & always schedules juco schools. Nevermind that Syracuse had a close game at home against Pitt. And WSU handled them convincingly in March. New conference or not, WSU needs to get on TV. Not internet, not some crappy local cable coverage an actual TV broadcast. WSU can win the title game & still be ranked #3.
                        You're right of course, but then you made the mistake of comparing this year's Pitt versus the Pitt we faced in March. Two entirely different teams. This year's Pitt - No Tray Woodall, no Steven Adams, no Dante Taylor, no JJ Moore.

Comment

• Pitt is such a sham. They haven't played or beaten anybody. They have a worst SOS than us (and they even play in the ACC). They have ZERO Top 50 wins. Such a farce. Greasy Jamie Dixon loads up their schedule with patsies, creates a gaudy, deceiving record and everyone just assumes Pitt must be good.

They aren't. They're garbage.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                            The debate continues: Wichita State's own good or Creighton's downfall. My Creighton hatred does not override my desire for Wichita State's best possible situation. If we want a 1 seed or a high seed come tourney time, Villanova is a team we have to root against. The Big East is weak enough I think Villanova can slice and dice that league and quite frankly Creighton might be the only team that has a shot to beat them. I mean Evansville blew a win at Xavier, who is clearly the #3 team in that conference; Georgetown looks awful; Providence may be tough but come on; the remainder is Depaul, Seton Hall, Marquette, Butler and St. Johns. So if we want things to go our way, we're searching for Villanova losses.

At the end of the day, as a hypothetical, if WSU needs Creighton to be a protected seed to get a 1, I'll root for that all day. Anyway, I take solace in the fact that after this year CU loses McDermott, Wragge, Gibbs, and Manigat and will struggle to win a game in the Big East next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Pitt is such a sham. They haven't played or beaten anybody. They have a worst SOS than us (and they even play in the ACC). They have ZERO Top 50 wins. Such a farce. Greasy Jamie Dixon loads up their schedule with patsies, creates a gaudy, deceiving record and everyone just assumes Pitt must be good.

They aren't. They're garbage.
                              Oh boy, here we go........

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                                Dickie V's top 5
                                Evidence of what I am concerned about. WSU only had a 11 point lead over Villanova last week. Dickie V by himself has just cut that lead to 8 points. The good news is that WSU has a much bigger lead in the coaches poll so the chances are very good that WSU will move up to #4 in the coaches poll. I am not very optimistic about the AP poll. Dickie V is just one ballot, but it is not a good start.
                                Last edited by shox1989; January 19, 2014, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X