Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rialaigh View Post
    er
    I mean...who the heck are you going to replace them with in the top25...

Any team you replace Kansas with in the top25 (drop kansas out and put an unranked team in) would get their tail kicked by kansas 9 out of 10 times.

Kentucky has lost to three teams that could all win the national championship this year...If we played the same schedule Kentucky did I would say we could be undefeated or we could easily be a team with 3 or 4 losses.
    9 out of 10 times.....? First of all, I am willing to bet if KU had to play Toledo 10 times, 5 at home and 5 ot Toledo, they would lose at least 5 of those games. Or how about Colorado? How can sit at your computer and type up that KU would beat them 9 out of 10.

Second, the last time I checked the NCAA tournament was a one and done tournament. You sound like the giant of sports knowledge Mr. Digger Phelps, and I quote, "The best team doesn't always win." (If that is the case then why in the hell do we even play the games?)

Comment

• Good grief........I won't take the time to read 31 pages of posts but surely someone has pointed out the ugly losses we
      had last year only to finish as one of the best teams in the nation, except for a terrible call, maybe THE best. Point
      is that all such talk now is nothing more than talk. Having said that I think our SOS could well hurt us in the end We
      don't have a marquis win. All our record really shows is that we take care of business against mediocre teams. We
      have some question marks at PG / frontline depth which could be made worse with some health issues. Don't think
      we have that great of argument to make for the top ten yet. We have another good team, no doubt, but we are just
      one of 15-20 teams that are good. Which ones improve and play their best ball at the end, as we did last year, is the ONLY thing
      that matters. I think we need to improve quite a bit to seriously contend for the final eight or even sixteen.

Comment

• Who is this "we" you speak of?

Comment

• First, Bakers ankle !!!!! Next, NW, EW, KC, CL and a continued improvement in Carter. Cle is just now starting
          to play at the level many expected him to. I also think we need to improve our mantra "play angry" from start
          to finish instead of just when we find ourselves in a little trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
            I would replace all 3 of those teams (KU, UK NC) with 3 teams that have better overall records. Simple as that. This is just how I see it. I put more weight on the actual win/loss record than schedule and "potential". BUT....having said that...I of course would "consider" who those 3 teams have lost too...and I must admit it would be hard to overlook that. So if I were a voter I would put those 3 teams with 3 losses at #23, #24 and #25 to make room for 3 other teams that have a better overall record. As a voter I would penalize teams that don't go on the road and who also lose games. As a voter...I simply would not give two-shits about names on jerseys. I'd rather judge and vote on results (ala win/loss record).
            Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            It appears that we have a couple of bandwagon fans who may be looking at this issue their from blue and rose colored glasses. Welcome aboard the Shocker train (too). There is plenty of room. As to this issue, KU has tons of talent and potential. They will probably be very good but at this time they have not been playing to the level of their hype. I think that the suggestion stated earlier in this thread that KU should be ranked 23, 24, or 25 is more than reasonable and fair at this portion of the year. They have shown very little consistency to this point. There are other teams who have shown potential too and are just as deserving of a shot at a ranking. KU began the year with a high ranking due to the level of their program and recruiting class. They need to earn it at some point. They are a good team but haven't proven elite status at this time.
            Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            Who is this "we" you speak of?
            Wow. Some of you need to get a grip. You sound like those of long ago Salem. Anyone that you view as having a "lesser" view of the Shockers compared to other teams and it's "Burn the Witch".

Like it or not, with most of WSU's top opponents tanking and the up coming Valley schedule, you will see a lot of teams with numerous more losses still ahead of the Shocks. Keeping media bias out, RPIforecasting.com has projected WSU to be #13 in RPI at the end of the regular season, with a 27-3 record, an OOC SOS of #61 and an overall SOS #113. In comparison, the Beakers are projected to be #3 in RPI with a 22-9 record, a #1 OOC SOS and #1 overall SOS and not even win the Big 12. You'll love this even more: If KWho loses 2 more games than projected, they'll be #9 RPI, ahead of WSU. If WSU loses 1 more than projected, they'll drop to about #20. If WSU goes undefeated and KU does as projected, the Shocks would still only be #4, Beakers #3.

No fashion show here, no eye test. No doubt the Polls are a different issue. Ohio St has done little to have their lofty ranking. A short while back I posted a piece critical of some other teams being ahead of us in the polls. Well, UConn lost a game and dropped to #15 and #17, so don't be too surprised if WSU loses a game.

Enjoy the ride!! It's a great time to be a Shocker!! :wsu_posters:

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              Wow. Some of you need to get a grip. You sound like those of long ago Salem. Anyone that you view as having a "lesser" view of the Shockers compared to other teams and it's "Burn the Witch".

Like it or not, with most of WSU's top opponents tanking and the up coming Valley schedule, you will see a lot of teams with numerous more losses still ahead of the Shocks. Keeping media bias out, RPIforecasting.com has projected WSU to be #13 in RPI at the end of the regular season, with a 27-3 record, an OOC SOS of #61 and an overall SOS #113. In comparison, the Beakers are projected to be #3 in RPI with a 22-9 record, a #1 OOC SOS and #1 overall SOS and not even win the Big 12. You'll love this even more: If KWho loses 2 more games than projected, they'll be #9 RPI, ahead of WSU. If WSU loses 1 more than projected, they'll drop to about #20. If WSU goes undefeated and KU does as projected, the Shocks would still only be #4, Beakers #3.

No fashion show here, no eye test. No doubt the Polls are a different issue. Ohio St has done little to have their lofty ranking. A short while back I posted a piece critical of some other teams being ahead of us in the polls. Well, UConn lost a game and dropped to #15 and #17, so don't be too surprised if WSU loses a game.

Basically this....We can be the last undefeated team in the nation but with a projected overall SOS of 113...we won't, and shouldn't achieve a number one ranking in the polls this year before the tourny unless multiple other teams have quite a few losses.

Comment

• I understand and appreciate the debate on this topic. Should the Shockers keep winning and not lose a game all season...they will be ranked #1 at some point. Poll mechanics, respect, lack of respect win/loss record, whatever...an undefeated team with WSU's recent resume will earn a #1 ranking at some point should they be the only team without a loss. Bank it.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Well said. And to top it off, if the Shox go undefeated in the regular season, I will initiate a self imposed Shockernet ban for up to 1 year.

Comment

I understand and appreciate the debate on this topic. Should the Shockers keep winning and not lose a game all season...they will be ranked #1 at some point. Poll mechanics, respect, lack of respect win/loss record, whatever...an undefeated team with WSU's recent resume will earn a #1 ranking at some point should they be the only team without a loss. Bank it.
                    He's correct.

Comment

I understand and appreciate the debate on this topic. Should the Shockers keep winning and not lose a game all season...they will be ranked #1 at some point. Poll mechanics, respect, lack of respect win/loss record, whatever...an undefeated team with WSU's recent resume will earn a #1 ranking at some point should they be the only team without a loss. Bank it.
                      Originally posted by DPruett2333
                      He's correct.
                      Yep.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        Well said. And to top it off, if the Shox go undefeated in the regular season, I will initiate a self imposed Shockernet ban for up to 1 year.
                        I think I understand/tolerate your posts more than most here, but there is no way in h*ll I would miss being on SN the next year if WSU went undefeated in the regular season.

Comment

It could happen (if you don't count the MVC tournament)
                          Since it's self imposed, would you ban yourself immediately at the end of the regular season, or after the NCAA tournament?
                          Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
                            He's correct.
                            Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                            Yep.
                            I would not bank on this by just saying the only undefeated team. Last year, it wasn't until all other teams had 2 more losses than the Zags did they go to #1. Gonzaga's 2 losses were also to ranked teams (one on the road) and they beat a ranked team (on the road). If St Louis does well in the A-10, that might give us one ranked opponent and a win. The Valley being soooo down this year will also be a factor.

Comment

I would not bank on this by just saying the only undefeated team. Last year, it wasn't until all other teams had 2 more losses than the Zags did they go to #1. Gonzaga's 2 losses were also to ranked teams (one on the road) and they beat a ranked team (on the road). If St Louis does well in the A-10, that might give us one ranked opponent and a win. The Valley being soooo down this year will also be a factor.
                              Actually the WCC was kind of down last year finishing 10th in conference RPI. The Valley has a good chance of finishing 11th this year and with the Big East splitting into 2 separate conferences that would make finishing 11th this year about the same as finishing 10th last year.

The Valley being down this year certainly doesn't help WSU, but the poor conference RPI of the WCC didn't keep Gonzaga from becoming a number 1 seed last year. The key is if the conference can get some separation from its top and bottom teams. The WCC had some strong teams at the top that separated themselves so that the WCC had 4 teams in the RPI top 100. That gave Gonzaga 6 conference games against top 100 teams (2 of them were against top 50 teams- playing SMC twice) to go along with their non-conference road win over a top 25 team. They also picked up another top 50 win in their conference tournament by beating St. Mary's again that gave them 6 top 50 RPI wins for the season (3 against SMC, K-State, Oklahoma and Okie State).

If the Valley can get some separation so that there are 4 or 5 top 100 RPI teams with another one of them making the top 50, that should give us a chance to get some decent looking wins.

Comment

There is a God.

Comment

Working...
                                X