No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can he look at Baker, Cotton and Early and say WSU isn't "particularly athletic"?

Comment

• My favorite quote was regarding the Tennessee game: "If you didn't have steel cojones the size of watermelons you might as well stay on the bench because you were going to get eaten alive."

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
        How can he look at Baker, Cotton and Early and say WSU isn't "particularly athletic"?
        I definitely disagree with that assessment, but I just chose to ignore that one sentence :)

Comment

• the shockers never look like they are a moment away from starting a benches clearing brawl- it's the other teams that look like that.

Comment

How can he look at Baker, Cotton and Early and say WSU isn't "particularly athletic"?
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

That caught my attention as well plus I don't think too many people will be kicking sand into Chadrack's and Kadeem's face. Darius has an interesting combination of size, athleticism and length that can be a tough match up. I would call him the pterodactyl but I'm not sure I can pronounce it let alone spell it.

Personally, I think the Valley is being sold a little short. Every time someone mentions the Valley seems like they talk about Creighton leaving and with the BJ's gone the Shockers will now rule the roost by default with little to no opposition. Granted Loyola was not a great swap for Creighton (at least this year) but I think there are still a handful of teams very capable of knocking off the Shocks on any given night. Life in the Valley has never been easy and that's not just because of Creighton. This year will be no different.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 18, 2013, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Also says FVV is better than Malcolm. While I agree, I think that is squarely up for debate.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  Also says FVV is better than Malcolm. While I agree, I think that is squarely up for debate.
                  Fred is going through an adjustment period adapting to more physical players, but he will make the adjustment. Malcolm had to adapt and adjust also. I do think FVV is equal, and will be better over the course of 4 years.
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Anyone here him chatting with Releford after the strip that went out of bounds and they gave ball back to Alabama?

BTW, did I ever mention how GREAT a player Releford would have been a a Shocker? You can see that mutual reapect shown before the game with the handshake between the two. He didnt choose WSU, but was man enough to tell the coaches he didnt pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                      To be fair, I don't think anyone knows where to rank North Carolina right now. They'll probably beat Kentucky and then lose to Texas.
                      Nailed it

Comment

• Realtime RPI at 12:30 Thursday noon: WSU remains #12 .

Realtime Team Power Rating: WSU jumps to #5 now ahead Michigan State . Louisville, Villanova, Oregon & Oklahoma State (UConn falls to #11)

In the Realtime RPI Projections, WSU remains #12
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                          Anyone here him chatting with Releford after the strip that went out of bounds and they gave ball back to Alabama?

BTW, did I ever mention how GREAT a player Releford would have been a a Shocker? You can see that mutual reapect shown before the game with the handshake between the two. He didnt choose WSU, but was man enough to tell the coaches he didnt pick.
                          Heard on KFH this morning that they plan to talk to Travis Relaford sometime this week, maybe tomorrow?
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• RPI Realtime 11:30 Saturday

I couldn't get it to load until just now. WSU up to #10 in Realtime RPI; #5 in Team Power Rating behind Wisc, Syracuse, Arizona & Ohio State. RPI forcasting has us #13 (SOS of 136 compared to 106 in Team Power and 52 in RealTime RPI)

1 Mass 10-0 0.7285
                            2 Wisconsin 12-0 0.7280
                            3 Syracuse 11-0 0.6886
                            4 Colorado 10-1 0.6861
                            5 Kansas 7-3 0.6860
                            6 Baylor 7-1 0.6769
                            7 Iowa St. 8-0 0.6763
                            8 Oregon 10-0 0.6746
                            9 St. Mary's 9-0 0.6734
                            10 Wichita St. 10-0 0.6721
                            11 Villanova 10-0 0.6691
                            12 Arizona 12-0 0.6654
                            13 Gonzaga 9-1 0.6587
                            14 Ohio St. 11-0 0.6519
                            15 Florida 8-2 0.6444
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Since Saturday at 11:30, WSU's realtime RPI has dropped from .6721 to .6667 but improved its rank from #10 to #9 with Colorado and Iowa State falling below WSU and Villanova jumping WSU.

In the Realtime Power Rating, WSU fell from #5 to #7 with Michigan State and Villanova jumping ahead of the Shockers.

RPI forecasting WSU moved from #13 to #12.

In the Realtime RPI, our SOS moved down from #52 to #65.

Comment

• And once we are in Valley play, how far down do you project our SOS to go then?

Comment

Working...
                                X