No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember what I said about the writers. They get paid to have opinions and opinions are like the exit point in your body that you sit on.

Again, the coaches were slow to rank us originally, but since then (which was early), they have consistently kept us higher than the writers.

At some point, some of these hosers will have to explain why they rate us #19 or #20 or have some ridiculous reason for not moving us up. We just need to keep on winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      Here's the deal, We need a one seed.

I don't want to be SDSU's or KU's 2 seed.

Can't think of two worse match-ups in the country.
      Joe Lunardi said if the tournament started today we would be a 1 seed. The 1 seed is ours to lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
        At some point, some of these hosers will have to explain why they rate us #19 or #20 or have some ridiculous reason for not moving us up. We just need to keep on winning.
        I think most have been explaining their reasons. Our SOS is suspect. Let's hope the Shocks ultimately prove them to be misguided in their evalution of the Shocks. That will require a deep run in the NCAA Tournament. Sweet 16 at least.

But your are right. If we just keep winning this will all take care of it self ultimately.

Comment

• All we have to do Shocker Nation is continue to win and take it one game at a time. I agree that even if Arizona and Syracuse was to lose, it may still be difficult for us to move further up, especially with Florida leaping over us this week. We just have to keep winning and let the naysayers and writers continue to talk about us. When they're talking about us, it just fuels the fire and we maintain that edge or chip on our shoulder. Look at this this way, if they're talking about us and still can't compliment or respect us, that means we're doing something right.

Comment

• Originally posted by vinceman View Post
            Joe Lunardi said if the tournament started today we would be a 1 seed. The 1 seed is ours to lose.
            I think he is right. The question is what will cause us to lose the #1 seed? 1 loss? That's setting the high jump bar very high.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Our SOS is suspect.
              I don't think you are saying this...just that you know others are saying this. Still, as many have pointed out, this argument holds NO validity whatsoever. Our overall SoS is essentially even with Syracuse (6 spots back nationally). I hear NOTHING about a weakness in Boeheim's home-sickness-induced schedule.

Like others, I certainly recognize a poll for what it is, but the SoS argument still annoys me. I can't wait for March.
              78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                I don't think you are saying this...just that you know others are saying this. Still, as many have pointed out, this argument holds NO validity whatsoever. Our overall SoS is essentially even with Syracuse (6 spots back nationally). I hear NOTHING about a weakness in Boeheim's home-sickness-induced schedule.

Like others, I certainly recognize a poll for what it is, but the SoS argument still annoys me. I can't wait for March.
                That's the nice thing. It appears we will have the opportunity to make a statement come March. Let's hope we grab the brass ring like we did last year.

:poster_shocks:

Comment

• I would personally like to congratulate Florida on a great week and moving ahead of us ... beating Tennesse at home and Alabama on the road ... I wish we had wins like that on our resmue!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockadelica View Post
                    I would personally like to congratulate Florida on a great week and moving ahead of us ... beating Tennesse at home and Alabama on the road ... I wish we had wins like that on our resmue!
                    No sh¥t.... :-)
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
                      Florida jumped us by ONE point. 1436 vs. 1435
                      #5 SDSU with 1337 votes

http://www.courier-journal.com/viewa...asketball-poll
                      Wow one point. Those guys like Seth Davis, Soren Petro, and Geoff Grammer who refuse to move us up any more are the ones that made the difference.

Being 3 and 4 in the two national polls is pretty darn awesome!

Comment

• I'm not worried about being one point behind Florida.

We are the team most likely not to lose a game anytime soon. Getting to this point is what mattered. Now we just need the teams we've beat to perform as well as possible and we need the teams above us to lose. That's all there is to it.

The only way to lose the 1 seed now is to lose games or for everyone else near us in the polls to have absolutely dominant runs to end the season... As in zero losses ever.

I think Florida will come straight out and lose soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockadelica View Post
                          I would personally like to congratulate Florida on a great week and moving ahead of us ... beating Tennesse at home and Alabama on the road ... I wish we had wins like that on our resmue!
                          It'll be interesting to hear Marshall's comments for public consumption, but privately he had to be saying, "Yesssss!" when he found out the AP poll results. By ONE single point, the "no respect" motivational card remains available to be played for another week.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                            Here's the deal, We need a one seed.

I don't want to be SDSU's or KU's 2 seed.

Can't think of two worse match-ups in the country.
                            Why would you care about being SDState's #2 seed, wsushox1? It wouldn't be any better if the Shocks were SDState's #1 seed -- do you care which team would wear the home uniform? What you want is for WSU and the Aztecs to be in different regionals altogether, and I don't blame you; it's hard to imagine anyone wanting at this point to have SDState lurking as a prospective March opponent.

Comment

• I believe that's the first #2 ranking from someone we've received all year. Thank you Mr. Franchuk.

I'll give you 3 guesses at to who had us the lowest (#10)

Comment

• Being #2 or #3 on 37 out of 65 ballots is a lot of respect.

and lol of course Ron Morris has us #10 and Villanova #5. why not.

Comment

Working...
                                X