No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if this has already been said, but.... Thank you Creighton :)

Comment

• We need KU to lose. With the momentum they have climbing the polls Villanova will drop and they could jump us and keep us at 5 next week.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
        We need KU to lose. With the momentum they have climbing the polls Villanova will drop and they could jump us and keep us at 5 next week.
        The Shocks don't need KU to lose - the Shockers need to continue playing their game and position themselves for a good seed in the Tournament. Personally I hope KU continues to win and gets a great seed in the Tournament and we have an all Kansas Final in Dallas. I think the Shocks style of play will acquit themselves well if they get the opportunity to play KU - so let's all hope they play in Dallas!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
          The Shocks don't need KU to lose - the Shockers need to continue playing their game and position themselves for a good seed in the Tournament. Personally I hope KU continues to win and gets a great seed in the Tournament and we have an all Kansas Final in Dallas. I think the Shocks style of play will acquit themselves well if they get the opportunity to play KU - so let's all hope they play in Dallas!
          Amen! Just keep winning. If we do, nothing else matters. #5, #6, #8, #3 in the AP. The point is we are now in the national conscience and are always talked about when discussing the best. We are there. Just keep winning. Who cares about our ranking? We will be a 2 or a 1 in March if we keep winning. Oh how far we have come. I'm loving this season. Just soak it in!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            Remove KU from the equation. In the last 10 years, the Big 12 has had:
            12 Sweet 16's (averaging more than 1 per year)
            8 of those made the Elite 8
            1 of those made the Final 4

Everyone in the Big 12 outside of KU is garbage. Yep. Definitely. Right on!
            How many teams made it in the tournament from the Big 12 over that period?

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
              How many teams made it in the tournament from the Big 12 over that period?
              I looked at the last 4 years of tournaments and the conference got 5 or 6 bids per year. Outside of KU, no team beat a seed higher than 6. And lots of losses to double digit seeds. I posted previously in this thread.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• KU will not jump us Monday if we keep winning.

They have a big problem in terms of poll mechanics, and it is called San Diego State. Voters are loathe to put KU ahead of them after the beatdown in AFH.

It might become an issue in 3 weeks or so, but not right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                  You do realize KU winning or losing also affects our seeding right? So yeah, them losing some games is kind of important even from a potential seeding standpoint. Sheesh some of you people lol.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Checked the ESPN Power Rankings. Looked at the 'other receiving votes' line. One for Ohio State? Lemme guess.

*checks individual votes*

Yep. *******.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                      Checked the ESPN Power Rankings.
                      Villanova took a dive! Down 6 after their CU beat down.

Comment

• Also, let's dial back the hand-wringing over the polls and the vitriol a bit and remember that this team can beat any team in the country, no matter what little number they put next to their name. 1-seed, 16-seed, at-large, play-in, this team can deliver wherever they're put in the Dance.

Would a 1-seed be nice? Absolutely. I never thought I'd see a day where WSU was a 1-seed, but that doesn't make the path to the F4 any easier once the ball is tipped. One game at a time, and be confident that the guys won't let you down.

Comment

Would a 1-seed be nice? Absolutely. I never thought I'd see a day where WSU was a 1-seed, but that doesn't make the path to the F4 any easier once the ball is tipped.
                          "doesn't make the path any easier"? You are kidding, right?

Comment

Essentially you get a first round bye. After that you have to respect all opponents. Some teams still haven't learned that lesson though.

Comment

Yes, because I WANT the team to sleep on some other team looking to make history.

Bucknell. Belmont. VCU three years ago. Princeton lost to Overall #1 seed Georgetown by 2 back in '89, led them at the half (and I've NEVER seen Dick Vitale sweat like he did at halftime of that game. He vowed to wear a Princeton cheerleading uniform to their next game if they won). You don't get a bye. You have to play the game, and as everybody knows all too well around here, if you sleep on Evansville, you're going to get embarrassed, so no, I was not kidding.

Comment

Would a 1-seed be nice? Absolutely. I never thought I'd see a day where WSU was a 1-seed, but that doesn't make the path to the F4 any easier once the ball is tipped. One game at a time, and be confident that the guys won't let you down.

Actually, yeah a 1 seed does have an easier path to the Final Four...
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X