Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
    He can't be happy that word leaked out that we had our way with his team.
    Good thing we didn't meet in the post season or he'd have been REALLY unhappy.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      He can't be happy that word leaked out that we had our way with his team.
      Who leaked it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        Top 100 does not exclude character. Non-top 100 does not guarantee character. I think we need to quit pretending that our options are "quality people willing to play team ball" vs "selfish jerks that are ranked as really good basketball players".

I hope Marshall continues to look for the best basketball players he can get while simultaneously weeding out the low character, selfish types. If he can find talented, high character guys in the top 100 group, I'm all for it.
        Do you see what you did? You made a comment and made reference to my post. It was probably unintentional or not but sometimes you come across as being confrontational even if you don't mean to. No where did I say that top 100 types are selfish jerks or that lower ranked players exude character. Those are your thoughts or at least how you perceive the majority thinks. Most of the time I just take your posts with a grain of salt but if you can't see how you come across, even unintended, not everyone on this board is looking to mitigate your thoughts but by the same token don't be guilty of what you think is being done you.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
          Do you see what you did? You made a comment and made reference to my post. It was probably unintentional or not but sometimes you come across as being confrontational even if you don't mean to. No where did I say that top 100 types are selfish jerks or that lower ranked players exude character. Those are your thoughts or at least how you perceive the majority thinks. Most of the time I just take your posts with a grain of salt but if you can't see how you come across, even unintended, not everyone on this board is looking to mitigate your thoughts but by the same token don't be guilty of what you think is being done you.
          You've got to be kidding me. Yes I was being "confrontational" in the sense that I was "confronting" your opinion because I thoroughly disagree with it. Every single sentence of your post referenced possible trade-offs that might come with top 100 players. You mentioned that they might not be as good of students, human beings, or representatives of the university. They might lack the intagibles that non-top 100 recruits possess. You mentioned that they might require "more work", or not "fit in". You mentioned how much you like the current WSU roster because they are great young men who play ball the right way. In the context of your post, you clearly questioned whether top 100 players would share these characteristics.

No, you didn't use the word "jerk". I'm sorry if I didn't paraphrase you perfectly, but don't be so offended that I disagree with your point.

Comment

You've got to be kidding me. Yes I was being "confrontational" in the sense that I was "confronting" your opinion because I thoroughly disagree with it. Every single sentence of your post referenced possible trade-offs that might come with top 100 players. You mentioned that they might not be as good of students, human beings, or representatives of the university. They might lack the intagibles that non-top 100 recruits possess. You mentioned that they might require "more work", or not "fit in". You mentioned how much you like the current WSU roster because they are great young men who play ball the right way. In the context of your post, you clearly questioned whether top 100 players would share these characteristics.

No, you didn't use the word "jerk". I'm sorry if I didn't paraphrase you perfectly, but don't be so offended that I disagree with your point.
            So since you choose to "confront" all those "references" because you "thoroughly disagree with it," I guess that means, then, that you 100% believe that each and every Top 100 players has not only superior skills, but the best character, all intangibles that possibly exist, have cumulative GPAs of 6.2 on a 4.0 scale, are deserving of National awards for service to fellow man, need no additional work to improve any aspect of their lives and are the best friend of everybody they meet and thereby "fit in." I'm not buying it! There has to be just one bad apple in the bunch of 100.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              So since you choose to "confront" all those "references" because you "thoroughly disagree with it," I guess that means, then, that you 100% believe that each and every Top 100 players has not only superior skills, but the best character, all intangibles that possibly exist, have cumulative GPAs of 6.2 on a 4.0 scale, are deserving of National awards for service to fellow man, need no additional work to improve any aspect of their lives and are the best friend of everybody they meet and thereby "fit in." I'm not buying it! There has to be just one bad apple in the bunch of 100.
              You aren't even trying to best intellectually honest now. Go back and read my first post on this topic.

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
              Top 100 does not exclude character. Non-top 100 does not guarantee character. I think we need to quit pretending that our options are "quality people willing to play team ball" vs "selfish jerks that are ranked as really good basketball players".

I hope Marshall continues to look for the best basketball players he can get while simultaneously weeding out the low character, selfish types. If he can find talented, high character guys in the top 100 group, I'm all for it.
              Last edited by Jamar Howard 4 President; April 12, 2014, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Trust me, it's intentional. He's just a straight-up douche.

Anybody that has to whip up an avatar to make himself feel better about himself is pure dickfingers.
                Last edited by ShockerFever; April 12, 2014, 11:49 AM.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You aren't even trying to best intellectually honest now. Go back and read my first post on this topic.
                  Stop with the insults, please. And please do not tell me what to do
                  Last edited by im4wsu; April 12, 2014, 03:57 PM.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    Where they ranked the Shockers -

Tommy Amaker - 13
                    Randy Bennett - 4
                    Jim Boeheim - 5
                    Rick Byrd - 4
                    Scott Cherry - 10
                    Tim Cluess - 8
                    Keith Dambrot - 6
                    James Dickey - 5
                    Scott Drew - Unranked (OU 18, KU 15, Duke 13)
                    Matt Driscoll - 13
                    Steve Fisher - 7
                    Bruiser Flint - 8
                    Tim Floyd - 3
                    Mark Fox - 8
                    John Gallagher - 8
                    George Ivory - 5
                    Ben Jacobson - 7
                    Rob Jeter - 17
                    Danny Kaspar - 1
                    Mike McConathy - 3
                    Greg McDermott - 10
                    Bob McKillop - 9
                    Rob Mitchell - 5
                    Matt Painter - 8
                    Dave Paulsen - 5
                    Saul Phillips - 9
                    Randy Rahe - 12
                    Herb Sendek - 8
                    Shaka Smart - 5
                    Andrew Toole - 6
                    Don Verlin - 5
                    Bob Williams - 6
                    Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    Little surprised by Smart's ranking. Perhaps tensions are cooling....

Drew's voting skills seem to match his coaching skills pretty well.

Lots of respect these days. Lots of believers.
                    On top of leaving WSU off his list, Drew ranks his own team #12. What a Shathead.
                    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• I wonder what the odds are of another Baylor scrimmage next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                        On top of leaving WSU off his list, Drew ranks his own team #12. What a Shathead.
                        We must of really kicked their asses bad in that pre-season scrimmage.

Comment

I'm not offended but I really get tired of you calling out people and then just keep on going and going and going. You whine that people are incorrect in their analysis of what you are trying to convey. But this tells me a great deal about how you operate and now I am done with you. Don't bother to reply to this because I will no longer waste what time I have left to read anything you have to say. That said "Have a really nice day.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                            Stop with the insults, please. And please do not tell me what to do
                            If you feel insulted when I point out your dishonesty, that's on you.

Comment

I'm not offended but I really get tired of you calling out people and then just keep on going and going and going. You whine that people are incorrect in their analysis of what you are trying to convey. But this tells me a great deal about how you operate and now I am done with you. Don't bother to reply to this because I will no longer waste what time I have left to read anything you have to say. That said "Have a really nice day.
                              OK, you have a nice day too. Let me know if you are ever ready to hold an actual conversation and discuss opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                                Where they ranked the Shockers -

Tommy Amaker - 13
                                Randy Bennett - 4
                                Jim Boeheim - 5
                                Rick Byrd - 4
                                Scott Cherry - 10
                                Tim Cluess - 8
                                Keith Dambrot - 6
                                James Dickey - 5
                                Scott Drew - Unranked (OU 18, KU 15, Duke 13)
                                Matt Driscoll - 13
                                Steve Fisher - 7
                                Bruiser Flint - 8
                                Tim Floyd - 3
                                Mark Fox - 8
                                John Gallagher - 8
                                George Ivory - 5
                                Ben Jacobson - 7
                                Rob Jeter - 17
                                Danny Kaspar - 1
                                Mike McConathy - 3
                                Greg McDermott - 10
                                Bob McKillop - 9
                                Rob Mitchell - 5
                                Matt Painter - 8
                                Dave Paulsen - 5
                                Saul Phillips - 9
                                Randy Rahe - 12
                                Herb Sendek - 8
                                Shaka Smart - 5
                                Andrew Toole - 6
                                Don Verlin - 5
                                Bob Williams - 6
                                @AndShock: can you link where you found this info? I really tried a lot before I asked, fwiw. Google was not my friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X