Ron Baker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baker is #31.

Edit: There are two Utah players in the top 30.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
      Baker is #31.

19. Jakob Poeltl, C, Fr., Utah
      ...terrific 21.9 rebound rate -- the highest of any player on our Board. He's big, long, athletic, blocks shots and shows a lot of skill in the low post and on his mid-range jumper. He had 12 rebounds and seven blocked shots against San Diego State and impressive 25 points, 12 rebounds five blocks against North Dakota on Friday. A large contingent of scouts are heading to the Utah-Wichita State game on Wednesday. .."

Poster board material for our young bigs and Carter. Let's get'm boys.

Comment

• Sounds very impressive.

On the other hand, rebounds were abundant in that Utah/SDSU game.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
          Baker is #31.

"19. Jakob Poeltl, C, Fr., Utah
          Poeltl is quickly emerging as this year's draft sleeper. Through the first six games of the season, the Austrian native ranks fourth in all of college basketball with a crazy 39.87 PER. He has the highest PER of any player on our Big Board. He has a terrific 21.9 rebound rate -- the highest of any player on our Board. He's big, long, athletic, blocks shots and shows a lot of skill in the low post and on his mid-range jumper. He had 12 rebounds and seven blocked shots against San Diego State and impressive 25 points, 12 rebounds five blocks against North Dakota on Friday. A large contingent of scouts are heading to the Utah-Wichita State game on Wednesday. If he plays big there, he'll rocket up this board. Given his size and potential, there's no reason he couldn't be a top 10 pick by the end of the season."

Danger Will Robinson...!!!
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Seton Hall's head coach made a weird comment about Ron after the game.

“Everybody looks at him as this white kid who can’t defend, dribble or do anything else,” Willard said.

He followed this with lots of praise, but what the hell is he taking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Manhattan_Shocker View Post
              Seton Hall's head coach made a weird comment about Ron after the game.

“Everybody looks at him as this white kid who can’t defend, dribble or do anything else,” Willard said.

Just an awkward way of saying this:

“Everybody thinks white kids can’t defend, dribble or do anything else...”
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

• Great photo.

image.jpgp

Comment

He is talking about everyone that has not yet received an ass whoopin from Ron Baker...
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Ohhhhh what's the word I'm looking for here......LOL maybe???? :)

No...without getting into "race" and "assumptions" and "don't judge a book my it's color - (I mean cover)".....all we need to remember and "get" what Seton Hall's coach was referring to was pretty much what the Kentucky kid told Ron last season. "You're a bad...bad boy". I assume most can garner what he meant. And I assume also that there are still many college players that are still surprised that "whitey" can ball like he does.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I'm not sure who "everybody" is that he is referring to, but anybody who's played against him would not give that assessment. Let "everybody" keep thinking that and Ron Baker will shove the ball down their pie hole.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                        Don't think for a minute that sweet lil Ronnie doesn't have a mean streak. He played for our rival high school, and they were kicking our ass in football by 40+ or so his senior year, I can't remember if he was their kicker, or holder on PAT attempts, but with seconds remaining in the game, Scott City had scored again, lined up for the PAT, and Ron (according to the SC coach) audibled to a run play for 2, just to stick it in our asses. Glad he's a good guy now, then not so much.
                        There may have never been a better post in the history of message boards than yours at showing what I try to say all the time to be true. Way too many fans let themselves get blinded by their rooting interests. Not just a little bit, but a "I'm ready to say crazy things" type of blinding. Everything their team does is justified. When the same things are done by the other team, especially if it is a rival, then dang it, they are the devil.

"Glad he's a good guy now, then not so much." It sure is magical how that transformation takes place, isn't it?!?!

Comment

• What is the offensive part here? That they say he can't dribble, or that the explicit reference to perceived inferiority based on race? I have to go with the latter. Can you imagine if someone affiliated with a university said, "Everyone just looks at John as a black kid who can't do math or science, but he's actually fairly smart."? There would be an understandable uproar.

Comment

• If he was kickin our dicks in the dirt, Im sure we'd despise him too.

But he ain't!!
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Maybe his statement is a product of "The McBuckets Effect".

Comment

• http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...2014-15/page/8 Not sure if this has been posted, also FVV is honorable mention
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X