No announcement yet.

Ron Baker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just thought he scored a lot more points in his 6-7 regular season games and them post season.

I expect that to climb a bunch this year.

Thanks!!

Comment

• Baker's numbers should be 11.6, 3.6 and 2.7. I think I had an incorrect number of games in the divisor.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        I attempted to take total career totals and divide by the total games played, prior to this season.
        Ron has scored 684 pts in 57 games as a Shocker, for an average of 12.0 per game. He missed 21 games in his freshman season (Charleston Southern, 12/20/12 to Creighton, 3/2/13). Looks like you included those as games played to reach a 9.1 average. (684/78=8.78, but close enough.)

Long story short, he's at 12.0 for his career here, at 18.3 this year and could and will improve on that easily.
        Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
          Now if we could pull some Grant Gibbs shenanigans and get Tekele back next year...
          Cotton's a great player and a huge asset, but the only he'll be back is if he misses most of this season with an injury, so be careful what you wish for.

Comment

• KenPom's player of the year rankings currently has Ron Baker 5th behind Frank Kaminsky, Ryan Boatright, Jahlil Okafor, and Wesley Saunders. KenPom's ranking are purely statistical, and a little wonky early in the season before data but it still nice to see him up with the players most people are considering the frontrunners for the Naismith Award. And I wouldn't say he's shown what he's capable of yet, even after today's performance.

Comment

• Four games into the season, Baker is averaging 18.5 ppg, good enough for second in the MVC behind Anthony Beane. He's also 10th in assists (2.8) with a 5.5:1 A:TO, 6th in steals (1.8), 5th in 3 pt% (those averaging more than 2 attempts per game).
              Livin the dream

Comment

• What!!!???!!! Another personal best by Reliable Ron with 6--3-pointers in one game? Take this next statement to the bank. That new personal best by Ron

will only be beat by Ron. This will happen sooner than later. A star in high school with no stars by his name by the experts to a College star now known

throughout the Milky Way as a Shocker with oodles of stars by his name!!!!!!!
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                  That new personal best by Ron will only be beat by Ron.
                  Yogi would be so proud!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Yogi would be so proud!
                    I hope so 1972Shocker because that is as profound as my lil pea brain can get. Muhahahaha!!!! Yogi on the other hand had some cool quotes.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• The on court communicatin between Fred and Ron is interesting and fun.

It is very subtle. I never seen them in apparent conversation with or without animation.

I am sure there is much more than what I see. If play has been suspended due to a foul as an example, Fred will pass Ron and just utter a couple of words. At times, when there is ongoing play, the communication might only be a barely visible nod of the head or a hand gesture.

These guys are like silk together. Smooth operators.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• I would like to know what 2V said to Ron and Tekele after he got squashed on the drive late in the game an was slow to get up. He turned around at the FT line and quietly said something to Ron and Tekele. Both Ron and Tekele and big smiles on their face.

Comment

• Anyone know what he is on Chad Ford's latest big board?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
                            Anyone know what he is on Chad Ford's latest big board?
                            No. You gonna tell us?
                            β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                            -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                              No. You gonna tell us?
                              I don't have insider.. So I honestly don't know. I was asking you fine people!

Comment

• The Big Board link that they just put up as the "New" one on the NBA front page erroneously directs you to his final 2014 big board. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X