No announcement yet.

Ron Baker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a 'shout out' to Ron Baker and the hometown folk in Scott City. Here is a young man that took a chance on our Program. He came in and sat out a Season, but soon, we knew about him. During his first summer pick-up sessions at WSU, we learned that Baker was a Maker. Finally, the 2012-2013 Season started. Next thing we know, Baker is a starter for us and all the work he had toiled began to show as Shocker Nation gets excited. Just as life throws us all curve balls, Ron has an injury that causes him to miss 21 games. Some folk get all the breaks? No, but Baker continued to attend games and heal. Man did we miss him!!! Life threw Ron Baker a lemon and he turned it into black and yellow lemonade.

WSU and Ron Baker had some things in common. Both were flying under the radar on a National Scale, and neither had received much ink. Somehow, someway, with 3 starters inculding Mr. Baker injured, we qualified to Dance. The rest is History personified. Millions looked on as Ron was interviewed after beating the Zags. Ron and our beloved Shockers had 'Shocked the World.' The "Round Mound of Rebounds" even told us at halftime that the Zags would still win. Nope! Our Shockers were not to be denied. Now folk from here and yonder have heard through Ron that Scott City has 2 stoplights and they understand that WSU basketball is for real. 3G even proclaimed-----"this is only the beginning."

As the black and yellow curtains close for another Season, we are very proud of all of our Shocks. Malcolm Armstead was also a walk-on, paying his own way for a Season, side by side with Ron Baker. What a solid Season Armstud had for us. When 3 starters were missing, all of all our other Shocks stepped up to the pump to play a huge role for us. How in the world did we win so many games at this potential 'doom and gloom" juncture? Carl Hall was our MVP in my opinion and a BEAST that we were so blessed that he was even declared eligible this very Season. Then as our great Season ended, we looked onto a bright future as FVV and Baker are embraced in Atlanta with 3 more Seasons to compete, GOD willing.

In conclusion, the answer to the "how did our Shockers do it" is a piece of cake. We had a group of unsatisfied road warriors that played MTXE angry. It was and it will always be, 'a Season to Remember' and a win-win proposition. We have not just added new fans from Scott City, but all over the world. Just how many future potential Shocker recruits witnessed all of this? Dunno, but I estimate way more than fsf has fingers and toes. Can you dig it, because this 'Season to Remember' is only the Beginning. A final thought to share. "You Don't Wanna Go To War With Our Beloved Shockers---Don't Start No Stuff, Won't Be No Stuff, --However, If you play us next Season and sow the wind, You WILL REAP OUR WHIRLWIND!!!"
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; April 10, 2013, 10:30 PM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Love your posts fsf. You're the man! Can't wait til next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
        To be fair, we also lost two walk-ons that were leaders and while I don't know the details, something was very, very wrong with the team chemistry.
        One of those walk-ons ended up taking a very, very bad turn. Doubt it had anything to do with the team falling apart though.

Details aren't important, but it goes to show that success is fleeting, especially if you don't stay focused and work harder than you even think is possible.

Comment

• Dinner with Kirstie

968 likes, 26 comments - ronbaker620 on June 18, 2015: "Dinner with Kirstie Alley"

Comment

• Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice .

Comment

• One question - why does every picture I see on instagram look like it was taken with a 30 year-old Kodak Disc camera?

Comment

• Kirstie Playing Angry!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  One question - why does every picture I see on instagram look like it was taken with a 30 year-old Kodak Disc camera?
                  Hipsters
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• As the good Doc said in one word describing FVV, we can also say about Baker and FVV. "Freshmen" The best thing we can say about Freshmen is they become Sophs. Imagine this for a moment if you can oly imagine it. "FreshVV and Baker together in our backcourt for 3-Seasons--our good Lord willing." Now That, is what I'm talkin about.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                      Life threw Ron Baker a lemon and he turned it into black and yellow lemonade.
                      Eww.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

As the good Doc said in one word describing FVV, we can also say about Baker and FVV. "Freshmen" The best thing we can say about Freshmen is they become Sophs. Imagine this for a moment if you can oly imagine it. "FreshVV and Baker together in our backcourt for 3-Seasons--our good Lord willing." Now That, is what I'm talkin about.
                        not to mention we Evan Wessel.

Comment

As the good Doc said in one word describing FVV, we can also say about Baker and FVV. "Freshmen" The best thing we can say about Freshmen is they become Sophs. Imagine this for a moment if you can oly imagine it. "FreshVV and Baker together in our backcourt for 3-Seasons--our good Lord willing." Now That, is what I'm talkin about.
                          Cant go to four final 4's in your career without going as a frosh....
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Check out the pic in the link in this tweet from Ron Baker:

@RDB_sh31ox: My Grandfather's oil tanks, out by his farm! #ShockerNation http://t.co/zfjv6Dzc0a
                            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• I just put this in here instead of starting a new thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                                I just put this in here instead of starting a new thread.

http://www.kwch.com/sports/ron-baker...-camp/27699106
                                They handle themselves so well, but they are still just goofy kids. Gotta love em!
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X