Shox vs. Zags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    While I believe that we have a legit shot in this game, I think that it is worth noting that if Gonzaga plays up to their potential, this will be a difficult game for us to win. I think that we need to hold Gonzaga to under 65 points if we are going to win. The good news is that they failed to get to 65 against Southern. The bad news is that the game against Southern was only the 3rd time all year they have failed to hit 65 or better. In addition, Gonzaga has scored 80+ 15 times this year to our 2 times. We either need a sub-par shooting performance from Gonzaga or an above average shooting performance ourselves (or both). This game is much like our games against CU. In the game we held CU to under 65, we won. In the other two games, we lost. Same will likely go for the Zags.
    I was thinking more along the lines that we will need to put about 75 points to win. I think it will be difficult to hold Gonzaga below 70. But we will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      This game does NOT have a forgonzaga conclusion. Regarding the media, I say we let bygonzagas be bygonzagas.

But when the time comes let's kick these suckers right in their nutzags.

Gonzaga's gonna get Tekeled!
      As Sheldon Cooper on BBT would say: Were going Bagonzinga Gonzaga!

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        Now, in order to give the best chance for the Shox to win in addition to being too nervous to watch, I will be taking my kids to the movies during the game. The KC Shox jinx will not present as I will not be present during the telecast. I am hoping when I get back home from the movies, I will get on SN and the first thread at the top of the page is entitled, "I Love L.A.!!!", then watch the DVR.

That is my dream and my promise to you that I will keep my jinx away in hopes of a SN victory.
        No Winnie the Pooh....

Eeyore.jpg
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• "I make these things a family choice. I don’t just say, ‘Hey, pack your bags, here we go. Daddy’s been offered $2 million to go get his brains beaten out over here for three years before he gets fired.’ That’s not what I want to do. I like winning and I think we’re going to win here.’’

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            "I make these things a family choice. I don’t just say, ‘Hey, pack your bags, here we go. Daddy’s been offered $2 million to go get his brains beaten out over here for three years before he gets fired.’ That’s not what I want to do. I like winning and I think we’re going to win here.’’
            Link on that?
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Was in one of the 10 WSU articles in the eagle.
              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                "I make these things a family choice. I don’t just say, ‘Hey, pack your bags, here we go. Daddy’s been offered $2 million to go get his brains beaten out over here for three years before he gets fired.’ That’s not what I want to do. I like winning and I think we’re going to win here.’’
                WINNER!
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Nervous but confident...

Shox 78
                  Zags 65

Comment

• The sad thing is I was hoping Gonzaga would go all the way and have been rooting for them all year. Just figures we're paired with em on this side of the bracket. Definitely agree with the poster earlier saying they are a better, CLASSIER Creighton. We just can't let them get out to too big of a lead early and play catch up the rest of the way. We need to keep it close and survive the first couple of runs. The team can flat out score and I'm afraid they're due for a big one after the near Southern debacle. We're also due to shoot a little better from outside as well.

Play Shocker defense and leave everything on the table. It's been a great couple of days seeing all of the Shocker gear everywhere around town. This town WANTS it. This team WANTS it. Regardless, it has been a TERRIFIC season. Win or lose tonight, I'm very proud of the way this team and coaches conduct themselves and how they made a lot of believers out of people in what was supposed to be a "rebuilding" year.

The present is BRIGHT and the future is OH SO BRIGHTER.

GO SHOCKS!
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• "Are you satisfied?"

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• We have a team that has enough quality depth again that 3G knows he can call on any and all of them tonight and they will enter this game will bells on. No matter what the matchups demand tonight, we have answers ready and able. Not many teams can say that whether they are number 1 seed or 16 seed.

Tonight will require us to again out-rebound our foes and defend like never before without excess fouling. We must hit shots tonight.When we go on our flurries as in most games we are scary good. When we combine all of the above on a given night, we can beat anybody at this here Dance, starting again tonight.

We shant ever doubt we will give it our all because that is a no-brainer. Tonight, we must execute like rock stars. We don't have to beat them 2 out of 3 or 6 out of 10.We only have to gong and zing the zags 1 for 1 tonight. What a great addition to this ongoing developing Shocker Season this will be? We all just luv stories with the best of the best endings? Our beloved Shox will claw and fight angry to keep this dream alive. No matter what happens, we are already grateful to each and every Player, our Coaches, and our Program.

As Sub would say, we are not worried. As WstateU would say--"yipes, stripes, Beechnut gum, and make sure Rosewood gets no stinkin stale nachoes tonight at a time like this. This game is very winnable and tonight is Shocker time!!!
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Anybody think we can break the Shockernet usage record tonight?

With a win, I think 400 users is attainable... before it crashes.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Anybody think we can break the Shockernet usage record tonight?

With a win, I think 400 users is attainable... before it crashes.
                            I will certainly do my part.

Comment

• We just need to slay the draGonzaga. Who will be our Saint George?

Comment

• When we win games like tonight, that means fsf posts so much mo, I could go from an assistant coach and graduate up to a SN head coach and be like 3G and drive a Mercedes when I grow up? Okay, that's not going to happen!!! However, then I could give you all a 'double dose' of my forever, and forever, and forever ramblings and basketball expertise? Yikes!!! That would NOT take long but that is much more possible? Hmmmm? I just wonder? MUHAHAHAHA!!!
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X