No announcement yet.

WSU vs. Charleston Southern game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've already ignored the fool and the post quoted above shows why. The guy is a starter for a reason. Ehimen has made GREAT progress and has been a huge asset to this years team. I don't know why some think that every player has to be a shooter. Ehimen is a close to the basket guy. Nothing wrong with that. Other teams have to respect him on the block. He has a decent little hook and if you let him get close enough he's going to throw it down on you. Have some of you been spoiled by having guys like Stutz, Durley and Miller who could step out and hit? And Ehimen is more of a presense on D than all three of those guys put together.

I too like what little I've seen from CJ, but nothing about that tells me he should clearly be starting. He has a lot of work to do as well. He's more dangerous on offense but not near as dangerous on D. And both are poor FT shooters. If you favor offense, you're going to prefer CJ. If you prefer D, you're going to favor Ehimen. There are two parts of the game.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Ehimen did stop a fast break last night without fouling. The guy came in and fumbled it away, seeing that it was a futile endeavor to try and score.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• How many fouls did Ehimen have last night?
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            I've already ignored the fool and the post quoted above shows why. The guy is a starter for a reason. Ehimen has made GREAT progress and has been a huge asset to this years team. I don't know why some think that every player has to be a shooter. Ehimen is a close to the basket guy. Nothing wrong with that. Other teams have to respect him on the block. He has a decent little hook and if you let him get close enough he's going to throw it down on you. Have some of you been spoiled by having guys like Stutz, Durley and Miller who could step out and hit? And Ehimen is more of a presense on D than all three of those guys put together.

I too like what little I've seen from CJ, but nothing about that tells me he should clearly be starting. He has a lot of work to do as well. He's more dangerous on offense but not near as dangerous on D. And both are poor FT shooters. If you favor offense, you're going to prefer CJ. If you prefer D, you're going to favor Ehimen. There are two parts of the game.
            I favor W's most of all. I believe Marshall does too. Funny that he has been starting EO, playing CJ, and racking up W's. I'll take Marshall's word for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              Fans only see what happens during games. We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes between HCGM and the players. We havent seen a lot of departures based on personal conflicts over the time Gregg has been here, have we? So he must be a decent guy.

Winning coaches at this level are of a different ilk than, say, a customer service manager. If you want winning basketball, you need winning personalities. If you want nice, bring back cohen.

Based on personal dealings, Cohen was a *****. A blind *****. An ignorant, blind *****. An ignorant, blind ***** that had no idea what he was doing and should have never been elevated to a Head Coaching position.

Sorry, I left out arrogant. So, to recap, he was an arrogant, ignorant, blind ***** that had no idea what he was doing and should never have been elevated to a Head Coaching position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trueshock View Post
                Ehimen cannot play basketball. He got attention because he is tall. He cannot shoot , pass,or hold onto the ball. We need to admit it and not be in denial about it. We have all been hoping that somehow he would emerge ,but it is just not going to happen. He is basically a warm body out there for presence much like Ozell Jones was (R.I.P.). I wish that he was a player but he has yet to show anybody that he can play. Any 7 footer can jump 1 ft. off of the ground and block a shot,and he can seldom do it without fouling . I wouldn't use him if he could not block at least 5 shots a game effectively. Lufile is way better even with the limited play that we have seen of him. He should clearly be starting. The Shockers need at least 1 backup center so what is a team to do. Let the one that is clearly the most deserving start. Namely Lufile.:apthy:
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Thank you, Son of @SHOXMVC:.

I disagree with at least one point: "Any 7 footer can jump 1 ft. off of the ground and block a shot,and he can seldom do it without fouling." I have no statistics to prove it, because there aren't any, but he gets a helluva lot of his blocks without a foul being called. More than I can think of than any other player in a Shocker uniform.
                  Any chance SoS is related to SoW?

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                    The lack of tolerance for any mistakes by Wiggins is getting old. I hope he gets a longer leasch on Saturday. For the second time this season the sideline confrontation was an absolute train wreck.

Overall, the second half was a sign of things to come with this new group. I am optimistic e about Saturday.
                    I did not like that photo of Coach Marshall and Nick in this morning's Eagle. In fact, I hate that photo.

Every player responds to instruction differently. I suspect that screaming at Nick in front of 10,000 fans is not the best way to communicate with him. I believe standing to Nick's side with an arm around the waist and speaking in a measured tone is a much better way to communicate with him. Then when the instruction is over, pat him on the butt.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      If most fans had half the energy and passion she gives at a game, Koch wouldn't be #10, it'd be #1.
                      And I'd gladly give up 100 Barrys for 1 more Lynn Marshall.

Are we so far up the ass of political correctness that someone cannot be their passionate selves? Lynn loves her family and her Shockers like no other. We need more Lynn Marshalls and less Barrys, and it's not even close.

And I don't care if it was exactly as Barry described it. The fans were awful in the first half. Good for her. I wish more people cared like Lynn, about a lot of things and not just Shocker basketball.

Love me some Lynn Marshall.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Based on personal dealings, Cohen was a *****. A blind *****. An ignorant, blind *****. An ignorant, blind ***** that had no idea what he was doing and should have never been elevated to a Head Coaching position.

Sorry, I left out arrogant. So, to recap, he was an arrogant, ignorant, blind ***** that had no idea what he was doing and should never have been elevated to a Head Coaching position.
                        So, he was a nice *****? You forgot crippled, hobbling ***** for a time.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by GOSHOX1 View Post
                          We got it there buddy you don't think EO is a basketball player thanks tips!

The guy called into the lockerroom show said his name was Perry. He said she was walking the concourse swearing at people for not being loud. I highly doubt this was happening!
                          Whether it happened our not, the crowd needed to be yelled out. During the first half the crowd was pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Cotton needs rest on that foot. He won't get it.

Jake keeps slipping farther back, no?

1. Malcolm aggravates the hell outa me.

2. Anybody watch the replay to see if C-Rack was over the line too quick?

3. No question, FVV took 11 and a half seconds to get over half court.

If we ever get in foul trouble, uh-oh.

Lufile is not strong enough, and not angry enough.

4. Wiggins' jam was mind-blowing. Damn.

What happened to the noise meter?
                            See above.
                            1. Ditto. Maybe extra ditto. I am starting to understand why Malcomb and Coach Altman did not get along.
                            2. Close
                            3. I told SeƱora Rio that we got lucky on two plays in a row. Lucky on the previous rebound. No foul. Then backcourt violation. No call.
                            4. Wiggins' jam was high light reel worthy. Oh wait....
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                              Marshall did say at the end of his comments that the crowd was good, but not good enough. At least, that is what he was getting at.
                              He was being kind. The crowd was okay in the second half. It was down right awful in the first half.

We really need to bring it on Saturday. I am hoping Saturday's crowd will be more like a NIT crowd. Some of the better fans getting lower seats than normal (replacing corporate zombies) and some of the good fans who can't afford SASO and don't make it to Koch any more.

Comment

• Nick does some really dumb things sometimes. He also does some really amazing things. He is a phenomenal athlete, a great shooter, drives to the hoop strong and quicker than most defenders can defend. However, he is very instinctual, and he likes to score. The biggest thing I've noticed about his play is that the majority of his mental mistakes are when he's trying to make something happen on his own, and he'll drive, and lose the ball or take a bad shot. He could easily pass out of the drive, or turn around and take it back out to kick it to a PG to start the offense up again.

It's like watching Kobe. I'm just screaming at the TV to pass the ball.
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X