No announcement yet.

WSU vs. Charleston Southern game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans only see what happens during games. We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes between HCGM and the players. We havent seen a lot of departures based on personal conflicts over the time Gregg has been here, have we? So he must be a decent guy.

Winning coaches at this level are of a different ilk than, say, a customer service manager. If you want winning basketball, you need winning personalities. If you want nice, bring back cohen.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
      I would guess that Kadeem Coleby has at least as good a shot to start at center next year, but starter or not, Lufile should get a good bit of playing time.
      I agree from little I have seen of Kadeem and he comments I have heard make me think we will have two very serviceable 5's next year in Kadeem and CJ. Who starts is really not all that important. Both will get plenty of PT next year.

Comment

• I'm not totally sold on Armstead and feel the team seems to flow better when he's not running the show. I'd actually like to see a heavier dose of FVV. MA needs to play more within himself. He's not what I would call a smart player. He can do some very good things for this team but he can also do some not so good things. I'm glad he's here this year to buy FVV some time, but I think we'll be better off next year having FVV run the show and not having MA.

MA is the most irritating/frustrating player to me on this years team.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• So how did Bruce and Bob handle NumNutz?

Comment

• And what is this guys beef with the lovely Mrs. Marshall anyway? Does he give any specifics? Is it just because she is fan number one and into the game while so many others down there sit on their hands?
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Whoever called in griping about Lynn....if you're listening, you can try me on for size.

Lynn's the best fan we have....if the team had shown her passion in the first half, we would have been up 20. If you don't like Lynn maybe your light blue beaker boxers are a shade too snug.

Coach was back to his old self tonight. All the passion, all the demonstrative emotions....it was great. More than worth the price of admission.

Really proud of the guys in the 2nd half. They got better at halftime, they played harder, they played smarter and they grew up some. That was a tough game, against a decent team with a former HCGM assistant at the helm. A win is a win. 10-1.

Next
              If most fans had half the energy and passion she gives at a game, Koch wouldn't be #10, it'd be #1.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Dunno, said she was walking around the concourse, swearing loudly about the fans not being loud..............or something like that.

Comment

• Orukpe is not a basketball player

Ehimen cannot play basketball. He got attention because he is tall. He cannot shoot , pass,or hold onto the ball. We need to admit it and not be in denial about it. We have all been hoping that somehow he would emerge ,but it is just not going to happen. He is basically a warm body out there for presence much like Ozell Jones was (R.I.P.). I wish that he was a player but he has yet to show anybody that he can play. Any 7 footer can jump 1 ft. off of the ground and block a shot,and he can seldom do it without fouling . I wouldn't use him if he could not block at least 5 shots a game effectively. Lufile is way better even with the limited play that we have seen of him. He should clearly be starting. The Shockers need at least 1 backup center so what is a team to do. Let the one that is clearly the most deserving start. Namely Lufile.:apthy:

Comment

• Marshall did say at the end of his comments that the crowd was good, but not good enough. At least, that is what he was getting at.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Trueshock View Post
                      Ehimen cannot play basketball. He got attention because he is tall. He cannot shoot , pass,or hold onto the ball. We need to admit it and not be in denial about it. We have all been hoping that somehow he would emerge ,but it is just not going to happen. He is basically a warm body out there for presence much like Ozell Jones was (R.I.P.). I wish that he was a player but he has yet to show anybody that he can play. Any 7 footer can jump 1 ft. off of the ground and block a shot,and he can seldom do it without fouling . I wouldn't use him if he could not block at least 5 shots a game effectively. Lufile is way better even with the limited play that we have seen of him. He should clearly be starting. The Shockers need at least 1 backup center so what is a team to do. Let the one that is clearly the most deserving start. Namely Lufile.:apthy:
                      Thank you, Son of @SHOXMVC:.

I disagree with at least one point: "Any 7 footer can jump 1 ft. off of the ground and block a shot,and he can seldom do it without fouling." I have no statistics to prove it, because there aren't any, but he gets a helluva lot of his blocks without a foul being called. More than I can think of than any other player in a Shocker uniform.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Orukpe is not a basketball player

Comment

• NOT TRUE.

Comment

• You have really got to stop double and triple posting everything.

Comment

• I can't wait til Meshak and Abednego join the Shockers in the 2013-14 season. With Chadrack at center the Shockers will be able to handle the heat of any team that is thrown at them. :0)

Comment

• We got it there buddy you don't think EO is a basketball player thanks tips!

The guy called into the lockerroom show said his name was Perry. He said she was walking the concourse swearing at people for not being loud. I highly doubt this was happening!
                                I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Working...
                                X