No announcement yet.

WSU vs. Charleston Southern game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The biggest problem with VanVleet last night was that he kept getting good penetration and then he'd kick it out to the perimeter for one of our guys to clank it off the rim. He needs to get the confidence to take it to the rim or shuffle it off to a big man. Having guys like Cotton, Armstead and Early jack up threes is not what we're looking for right now.

Comment

• I think that was honestly a great game, it wasn't pretty, but that's not what we are after, the W is what counts. I haven't seen the crowd that riled about on court performance since the Creighton game last year. We need to bring that energy every game, you could tell that for twenty minutes of basketball, the Charleston Southern team wanted to be anywhere else in world. The backups stepped up, glad to see Cle put his best foot forward, and we still almost scored 70, which outscores most other Valley teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        The biggest problem with VanVleet last night was that he kept getting good penetration and then he'd kick it out to the perimeter for one of our guys to clank it off the rim. He needs to get the confidence to take it to the rim or shuffle it off to a big man. Having guys like Cotton, Armstead and Early jack up threes is not what we're looking for right now.
        Yes. Very much so, he had so many open looks and he is a fairly good shooter.

Comment

• I genuinely enjoyed Chadrick's postgame interview. The young man's excitement and enthusiasm were palpable. Hearing players excited like that gets me excited. It didn't seem canned or rehearsed, just genuine excitement.

Comment

• Let's hear it for "THE RACK"

He is a really good player. He didn't just come out of the woodwork, He was injured when the season started and not up to snuff.
            I believe that Chadrack can get the Shockers through this injury period pretty much intact. I believe that he will do so well that he will be a force even after the others return. I even believe that he will eclipse Carl Hall when he is firing on all cylinders.Don't be surprised if he turns out to be the best player. GO SHOCKERS!!!:tyrannosaurus:

Comment

• Originally posted by Trueshock View Post
              He is a really good player. He didn't just come out of the woodwork, He was injured when the season started and not up to snuff.
              I believe that Chadrack can get the Shockers through this injury period pretty much intact. I believe that he will do so well that he will be a force even after the others return. I even believe that he will eclipse Carl Hall when he is firing on all cylinders.Don't be surprised if he turns out to be the best player. GO SHOCKERS!!!:tyrannosaurus:
              C-Rack is going to be a stud next year. I'd say we're going to see a very similar growth in him that we saw in Carl from last year to this year. This stretch of PT is going to do wonders for all these new guys and young guys on the team.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                C-Rack is going to be a stud next year. I'd say we're going to see a very similar growth in him that we saw in Carl from last year to this year. This stretch of PT is going to do wonders for all these new guys and young guys on the team.
                One big positive from all this is that we are going to be better next year because of this. FVV, Wiggins, Lufile will all be much better because of this, and we'll also bring back Cotton, White, Wessel, Baker, and Early. Combine our new recruits and transfers, and next year should be nasty in a good way.

Comment

• As I walked out of the arena last night I turned to Mrs. Phlash and told her that I had this great sense of relief that this first game was over. I wasn't the normal exhileration from a win, it was more like "wow, we weathered the storm". So, now we regroup and go get the next one. All in all it was not a pretty game and we saw some holes in our play. However, give me a bunch of ugly wins over the next 4 weeks and I will be satisfied.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• This will not only be a positive for next year, but will make this year's team stronger after everybody returns. I believe the present group can keep us in reach of an at-large bid.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      I don't know what game your watching. His little episode last night after getting pulled poutingly walked up and down the bench before finally slumping down in his seat after letting everybody in koch know he wasn't happy about being pulled - More Fred V. please.
                      I noticed that mini-tantrum.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Thanks Chadrack, now get back to studying and rest up for tomorrow.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• hey
                          new guy here but have been creepin and reading the forums as a guest for a while.
                          2009 graduate from the barton business school and current Cessna employee.
                          I have been to the Western Carolina game and the Charleston Southern game yesterday this year.

Previous games include drake/evansville, stanford etc blah blah from years ago

The team looked very disorganized and afraid to penetrate until the 2nd half.
                          The crowd was pretty good at the beginning and then got quiet and never got loud except for the alley-op and dunk.

Any links to the espn highlights of WSU?

Comment

Ehimen cannot play basketball. He got attention because he is tall. He cannot shoot , pass,or hold onto the ball. We need to admit it and not be in denial about it. We have all been hoping that somehow he would emerge ,but it is just not going to happen. He is basically a warm body out there for presence much like Ozell Jones was (R.I.P.). I wish that he was a player but he has yet to show anybody that he can play. Any 7 footer can jump 1 ft. off of the ground and block a shot,and he can seldom do it without fouling . I wouldn't use him if he could not block at least 5 shots a game effectively. Lufile is way better even with the limited play that we have seen of him. He should clearly be starting. The Shockers need at least 1 backup center so what is a team to do. Let the one that is clearly the most deserving start. Namely Lufile.:apthy:
                            Ruh, Roh Shaggy...I have not read any farther than this, but if anybody on this board claims SHOXMVC has two personas on this board stop it now. I believe this is a bit strong. I do believe Lufile is the better all-around player, however I believe EO is a player that can help this team win. I am a fan of EO, just not like many on this board. I do feel the hype has created too much of an expectation of him and it taints peoples vision of what he is. I hope the ankle keeps improving and EO can continue to help this team progress. I can't wait to read on and witness the carnage that will ensue...especially from EO's best friend COLD.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                              hey
                              new guy here but have been creepin and reading the forums as a guest for a while.
                              2009 graduate from the barton business school and current Cessna employee.
                              I have been to the Western Carolina game and the Charleston Southern game yesterday this year.

Previous games include drake/evansville, stanford etc blah blah from years ago

The team looked very disorganized and afraid to penetrate until the 2nd half.
                              The crowd was pretty good at the beginning and then got quiet and never got loud except for the alley-op and dunk.

Any links to the espn highlights of WSU?
                              Welcome aboard mjbaker84. We look forward to your input.

Make sure you digest all of the FSF posts whom is my favorite on here. He, (me) is a man of few words, or maybe not so much. muhahahaha!!! Me keed!!

Yes indeed, we had many more positives the 2nd half. When they took the 6 point lead in the first half, our beloved Shocks did not run and hide. Early and Chadrack lead the charge. Wiggins could give us several double digit scoring games at a time that we really need to boost our offense. We still have some solid guards that I think will really step up tomorrow night since the world does not end as we play at Intrust.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Now let's see . . .
                                Lynn Marshall showing moderate enthusiasm (well, maybe significant enthusiasm) . . .
                                Everyone else in the frame - ("Ho Hum . . . I wonder if I should leave at the 6 minute mark to beat the traffic?" . . .)
                                Draw your own conclusion.
                                A mutual friend remarked to Lynn about her exuberance and Lynn put it into perspective (paraphrased) - "I know it is a game for everyone else, passionate or not - but for me, it is my husband's career, my family's security and my future. Why wouldn't I be excited?"
                                Point taken . . .
                                Quoting another poster - "Love me some Lynn Marshall" . . .

Last edited by Rixtoy1; December 21, 2012, 09:25 PM.
                                If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X