Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We all know EO's weakness - offense.

EO's strengths include:
    1) Pretty much shutting down everything within 5 - 10' of the basket. Those are usully considered "high percentage" shots.
    2) Best screener here in years. He sets them wide and solid.
    3) Best post defender off a high post screen we've had in years. Guard coming off the screen has EO on him for a few seconds while the original defender recovers. Orukpe is something like lightning quick getting back on his guy once the original defender gets back on the dribbler.

If an opponent sturggles to run anything off of high screens and struggles to score close to the basket, you win a lot of games. There are no stats for Points Prevented.

Our last two centers would have had very little in Points Prevented, and may have had significant stats in Points Given Up. The only stats that really matters are the two numbers on the score board by "Home" and by "Visitors".

We've got ball-hawking perimeter defenders. EO limits opportunities near the basket from perimeter drives and from working the ball to a post player.

If anyone can't see the value EO provides when he's healthy, I hope we are able to educate those posters so that they can better understand and enjoy the game. If any of our opponents had Orukpe on their team, we'd have posters here complaining that all we were doing was jacking up 3's. Iowa was 4/16 from inside the arc. Do you blame them for sitting outside and jacking up 3's?
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• EO also is a pretty good passer when we run the high/low action against the zone. Early can run the baseline with the best of them. We didn't do that for whatever reason Thursday night, but I would expect that wrinkle tonight when So Miss plays a zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
        Wow haven't seen pictures of mrs Marshall she is hot!
        Yep - You passed . . .

If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Our last two centers would have had very little in Points Prevented, and may have had significant stats in Points Given Up. The only stats that really matters are the two numbers on the score board by "Home" and by "Visitors".
          EO had a string of four consecutive "poor" to "horrible" games in this respect; VCU (-17.6), Western Carolina (-8.4), Howard (-17.7) and DePaul (-3.3). The others have been STRONG : 34.3, 23.1, 23.1 and 36.3, which were the first game of the year and three of the last six (he missed the other three).
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            EO had a string of four consecutive "poor" to "horrible" games in this respect; VCU (-17.6), Western Carolina (-8.4), Howard (-17.7) and DePaul (-3.3). The others have been STRONG : 34.3, 23.1, 23.1 and 36.3, which were the first game of the year and three of the last six (he missed the other three).
            I think that the style of those teams makes it pretty obvious when EO is a viable candidate for floor time. VCU and DePaul were both aggressive transition teams that didn't like getting into their halfcourt set, and WCU and Howard used undersized lineups.

It seems like he really excels when he get back and play under the rim, especially against bigs that are actually big. He should be good in the Southern Miss game because they seem like a half-court team (judging by stats, haven't watched them).

Comment

Working...
            X