WSU vs. Charleston Southern game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    And I'd gladly give up 100 Barrys for 1 more Lynn Marshall.

Are we so far up the ass of political correctness that someone cannot be their passionate selves? Lynn loves her family and her Shockers like no other. We need more Lynn Marshalls and less Barrys, and it's not even close.

And I don't care if it was exactly as Barry described it. The fans were awful in the first half. Good for her. I wish more people cared like Lynn, about a lot of things and not just Shocker basketball.

Love me some Lynn Marshall.
    +1

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
      I'm going to say it...Armstead needs to graduate. I'm glad we only have him for one year. Very unimpressed with what he brings.
      I'm not quite that down on him yet but I'm ready to turn the reigns over to VanVleet. I was really impressed with Malcolm until some time shortly after the VCU game. His shot selection and decision making just hasn't been that great lately. He and Demetric both try to play "hero ball" way too often for my tastes. I also see him play lazy pick up esque defense (let your man drive by you and try to strip him from behind). Gotta move your feet son! Yes, there is help defense in the lane but we help too much at times which screws up our rotations and gives the other team open looks. That starts when someone just lets their man drive the lane. It's one thing if you're not quick enough to defend, but I don't see a single one of our guards who could legitimately use that excuse. If he gets back to playing the way he was in the beginning of the year he will be a big positive though.

Comment

• 1. Armstead needs to be a point guard, not a shooting guard that happens to play the point. He has great ability to generate assists when he is looking to set guys up, lets use that son. Ever since he hit the game winner at VCU he has been shooting WAY too many 3s. I don't mind the 3s, its when he is taking them. Jacking up a 24' shot with 20 secs left on the shot clock just because your man just drilled one in your face....not smart. Same thing with his drive in the first half that netted him a charging foul... that play was not needed, run the offense and see what happens, make that drive with 10-12 on the shot clock, not 20.

2. I will agree the crowd was weak in the first half, HOWEVER....what were we supposed to cheer for? Our boys stood around 3-4' behind the arc and passed the ball back and forth without moving an inch...and we are supposed to cheer? Sorry, but cheering is a reward for good play, not for having a mental block of what you are taught in middle school of how to attack a zone defense. I was very pleased with the crowd in the second half when every time a player who had a good run subbed out he got a very nice ovation. Crowd noise is all based on the product on the court. Whether its Coach or some SNer making the reference, I will always point to that.

3. Wiggins and Coach: Coach gets paid to get the best out of his players. If he feels ripping a kid on the sideline is how it needs to be, then so be it. These are grown men, this is Div I basketball... no room for coddling. Man up.
        -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
          Totally diasgree! To me the team seems calmer when a he is in there. His a good ball handler and passer.
          I don't know what game your watching. His little episode last night after getting pulled poutingly walked up and down the bench before finally slumping down in his seat after letting everybody in koch know he wasn't happy about being pulled - More Fred V. please.

Comment

• I'll add on your solid assessment. The problem with #1 is that we need Mal to score, we really do. He needs to find the balance between leading the team and taking over. Mostly he's struggled with that balance but I don't blame him for that. His role has been redefined a couple of times.

The kid paid his own way to play here. He deserves some leeway, imho. And he plays really hard. I would like to see him chirp a little less, especially in circumstances like last night when he kept chatting with John Higgins. A lesser official might have rung him up, but John is so good at what he does he was able to relax Mal.
            Last edited by WuDrWu; December 21, 2012, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Some people just dont understand the game of basketball, you can make a impact on court without scoring, that is what EO does.
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                Some people just dont understand the game of basketball, you can make a impact on court without scoring, that is what EO does.
                I think my favorite EO play last night was when they had a fast break off maybe a steal but EO was back still. The guy is sprinting at him and he just opens up his stance and armspan like a 7' 250 pound tarantula right in the middle of the circle and the guy who thought he was gonna score panics and blows the opportunity. EO didn't actually touch the shot, so there was no 'block' but he did in fact block that shot.

Comment

• Nobody on this team does everything perfect but everyone does something very well. Nick is really going to benefit from all of this playing time. So is Jake. I'm sick of seeing people bagging on anyone on this team. For crying out loud they are 10-1 and have lost four starters to injury at some point. Can anyone name any other team that has gone 10-1 through the type of injury bug that we've had?

Name one please...anybody.

Heck, I can still remember teams in the past where we only had a couple players that did anything well. Quit bitching and have a Merry Christmas.

Comment

• EO starts because Coach hopes he will have a couple early blocks that the opponent will remember the entire game. The game on the court was far worse in the first half than the crowd was. Come on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                      Quit bitching and have a Merry Christmas.
                      One of my favorite sayings

Comment

• The first 14 minutes of the 2nd half was our best effort, in terms of top to bottom nine players busting their arse, that I have seen all year.

Quite simply, I have rarely been prouder of a bunch of kids.

As far as Wiggy goes, he needs the tough love. His potential is as high as anyone on the team (save Early) and we have the right coach to bring it out in him.

Barry can go watch Curtis Middle School if he doesn't like it.

My wife gets a bigger kick out of watching Lynn than she does the game. She cannot believe the head coaches wife is so into it. Give me 10,000 more like her.

Comment

I'll add on your solid assessment. The problem with #1 is that we need Mal to score, we really do. He needs to find the balance between leading the team and taking over. Mostly he's struggled with that balance but I don't blame him for that. His role has been redefined a couple of times.

The kid paid his own way to play here. He deserves some leeway, imho. And he plays really hard. I would like to see him chirp a little less, especially in circumstances like last night when he kept chatting with John Higgins. A lesser official might have rung him up, but John is so good at what he does he was able to relax Mal.
                          I've been hard on the Higgy man before, but he gave us our fair share of whistles last night. I will give the lump of coal to someone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            The first 14 minutes of the 2nd half was our best effort, in terms of top to bottom nine players busting their arse, that I have seen all year.

Quite simply, I have rarely been prouder of a bunch of kids.

As far as Wiggy goes, he needs the tough love. His potential is as high as anyone on the team (save Early) and we have the right coach to bring it out in him.

Barry can go watch Curtis Middle School if he doesn't like it.

My wife gets a bigger kick out of watching Lynn than she does the game. She cannot believe the head coaches wife is so into it. Give me 10,000 more like her.
                            +1 quality post.

barry is a douche-rag puss

Comment

Any chance SoS is related to SoW?
                              lol. No, based on SoW's Twitter postings, he actually knows how to use the Internet.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                                Originally posted by Capital Shock II
                                Quit bitching and have a Merry Christmas.
                                One of my favorite sayings
                                That belongs on a Hallmark card. Hilarious.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X