Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

His dad never seemed happy on FB
    Wish more parents were like FM; yes, he's talking about youth sports parents, but it's about the same...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I'll take 3 guys that shoot 33% vs one that shoots 41%

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
        1. K State’s Cam Carter to the portal.

2. Maybe one person can give WSU $2.5MM.

3. As I finish taxes, contributions to Wheat Shock Collective are tax deductible…correct?
        Not trying to be a smarta$$, but "tax deductible" is way overblown and oversold. Kinda like itemizing on your tax return... for the majority of us, it's a waste of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Not a tax expert .. but the one time donation is deductible because its a non-profit.

If you do the monthly or the one time "club" donation that gives you benefits, like the gear or access to the players or whatever, it is not deductible.
          Being a non-profit entity does not necessarily make contributions tax deductible.

However, they do have a charitable donation option that is deductible and made possible by Armchair/Wheat Shock partnering with the BPS Foundation, a national 501c3 organization, to bring a wealth of charitable opportunities to Wichita State student-athletes. It appears that these donations are restricted to opportunities to engage with qualified charitable organizations. These donations are actually being made directly to BPS Foundation. Specific charitable sponsors mentioned inlcude Kansas Food Bank, Kansas Special Olympics, League 42, and Paxton's Blessings Box. I'm guessing these are not big dollar opportunities for the athletes. And even if you contribute via this avenue the donation would only be deductible if you itemize deductions.

Fan Memberships which are paid to Armchair are not deductible as charitable contributions.

I would think corporate sponsorships are potentially deductible as marketing expenses as long as the payments are considered ordinary and necessary business expense to the company. Theoretically, an arms-length exchange of money for services. They would not be deductible as charitable contributions. Corporations would not need to go through the NIL to do thiis. For example, Xavier Bell does a commercial for Lewis Street Glass and does it very well. I don't know if that was arranged by Armchair or was a direct deal by LSG. I doubt X is getting rich off of that.

What the top echelon of players are really looking for is pay-to-play opportunities. Just give me a big check for playing football or basketball and you can use my NIL anyway you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            I'll take 3 guys that shoot 33% vs one that shoots 41%
            How bout 5 who shoot 20%?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I did. It wasn't until today because I already had it earmarked for tomorrow's payday. Have had a lot of unforseen expenses lately (cancer scare with daughter (ended up benign) medical bills, car wreck, my own health stuff). But always planned to give by tomorrow regardless. Just pulled it one day sooner. I am sure I can survive until tomorrow lol.
              I hate to hear good people suffering through tough times. I'm very glad to hear the benign report though. You have to take care of yourself also, and honestly, first. And don't be afraid or too stubborn to ask for help. Let someone else drive the bus from time to time when you're tired. Stuart Scott said it best.

Fight like hell. And when you get too tired to fight then lay down and rest and let somebody else fight for you. Be safe. And all our prayers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Uhhhh. That's something.
                Definitely was something.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

How bout 5 who shoot 20%?
                  image.png

Comment

Is one that shoots 41% plus two guys that shoot 33% an option?

Sure it is! That's what we had this year.

Rogers = 0.409
                    Ridgnal = 0.328
                    Degray = 0.324
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Coach K's "wearing that uniform" commercial running right now during the tournament doesn't mean a **** thing anymore.

Comment

What if they each average 2.5 turnovers?
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I hate to hear good people suffering through tough times. I'm very glad to hear the benign report though. You have to take care of yourself also, and honestly, first. And don't be afraid or too stubborn to ask for help. Let someone else drive the bus from time to time when you're tired. Stuart Scott said it best.

Fight like hell. And when you get too tired to fight then lay down and rest and let somebody else fight for you. Be safe. And all our prayers.
                          Thank you Doc. Means a lot and it's a very good reminder. I do tend to put myself last, especially in the health category!

Especially since mine is mostly due to stress....etc.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Rogers was a big loss but it's not like this team was super awesome with him on it. So instead of 12th, we're 13th? Either way, we still suck.

Comment

• Harland Beverly was 8-18 (44.4%) on treys over his final 5 games of the season. Unfortunately, he was 9-48 (18.8%) over his previous 28 games. But if you could get 2 or 3 Harland's that could knock treys down at a 35% rate and get to the basket and finish like Harland you might have something. Yeah, I know what you would have is a lot of turnovers. Trade offs I guess.

Colby leaving the program is really big deal IMO. That can be mitigated with the right pulls out of the portal but whether or not that happens remains to be seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Is one that shoots 41% plus two guys that shoot 33% an option?

Sure it is! That's what we had this year.

Rogers = 0.409
                                Ridgnal = 0.328
                                Degray = 0.324
                                I wouldn't call Degray a 3 point shooter at such a low volume. Those guys are sufficient as 4s, but we need guard tandems that can shoot the 3 with accuracy and also be a threat to drive. Our guards this year were all one trick ponies.

Comment

Working...
                                X