Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
    3. As I finish taxes, contributions to Wheat Shock Collective are tax deductible…correct?
    Not a tax expert .. but the one time donation is deductible because its a non-profit.

If you do the monthly or the one time "club" donation that gives you benefits, like the gear or access to the players or whatever, it is not deductible.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I mostly based that on the tenor of his quotes in the Eagle, which never struck me as him being unhappy, only dissatisfied with losing and trying to keep a positive attitude.
      He's got a year left and likely wants to play in the tourney. I was really hoping he would stay because he's the most important returning piece, but there really isn't any indication at all that Mills will take us back to the tourney next year .. so I don't blame him for wanting to go somewhere else to try.

Comment

• Not surprised at Rogers leaving at all, in fact, I expected it. He's a college jumper looking for the next big thing and will probably be a job jumper when he stops playing basketball. He'll end up at a P4 planted in the corner because he has weak handles and can't make a contested layup. It will be an eye opener for him, IMO. On the other hand, he will be surrounded by better talent than he and will likely get more open looks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Not surprised at Rogers leaving at all, in fact, I expected it. He's a college jumper looking for the next big thing and will probably be a job jumper when he stops playing basketball. He'll end up at a P4 planted in the corner because he has weak handles and can't make a contested layup. It will be an eye opener for him, IMO. On the other hand, he will be surrounded by better talent than he and will likely get more open looks.
          I'm not familiar enough to know, does his type of game and skillset translate to some overseas pro possibilities?
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Colby will be one of the top portal prospects.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• He was alright. Kind of a one trick pony but seemed like a good kid so I wish him luck. We obviously need a more complete guard(s) than just a 3 pointer guy. Get some speed coach. Get some speed!

Go Shocks!
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I really don’t understand the undervaluing of Rogers. This was a big loss. Not one that we can’t recover from, but let’s not delude ourselves. Him and Ballard carried us this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

I'm not familiar enough to know, does his type of game and skillset translate to some overseas pro possibilities?
                  easily an oversees pro

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                    I really don’t understand the undervaluing of Rogers. This was a big loss. Not one that we can’t recover from, but let’s not delude ourselves. Him and Ballard carried us this year.
                    Agreed. Didn't dude just break our all time single season 3 point record. That ain't nothing.

Comment

I really don’t understand the undervaluing of Rogers. This was a big loss. Not one that we can’t recover from, but let’s not delude ourselves. Him and Ballard carried us this year.
                      yes, he is a really good 3 point shooter, so was Sean Ogirri. We can either wallow in our misery or look at the bright side. We needed to bring in 3 point shooters anyway, now we need them even more. At least now, we have an opportunity to offer a starting spot to a younger player that could be here more than one year and get immediate playing time. Rogers also had serious flaws in his game and I don't think those were gonna be fixed his 6th year in college.

Comment

Oh fer sure. He is a big loss for that particular lineup we rolled out this past season. I'd like (hope) to say we should recovery just fine and get a more "complete" player but who knows in this new pay for play era. Dude broke 3 point record but kinda that's about it. We need to level up that postition even more.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Quite a bit of copium going on with Colby moving on. We already were thinking another sniper was a top priority. Colby leaving is a big hit. And I believe their will be a good amount of interest for his services.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

yes, he is a really good 3 point shooter, so was Sean Ogirri. We can either wallow in our misery or look at the bright side. We needed to bring in 3 point shooters anyway, now we need them even more. At least now, we have an opportunity to offer a starting spot to a younger player that could be here more than one year and get immediate playing time. Rogers also had serious flaws in his game and I don't think those were gonna be fixed his 6th year in college.
                            I agree that it’s good to bring in someone younger. But was just addressing the fact that people were acting like it’s no big deal and we’re better off. We really aren’t. W e haven’t had a maker in so long lol

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Dude broke 3 point record but kinda that's about it. .
                              Uhhhh. That's something.

Comment

I agree that it’s good to bring in someone younger. But was just addressing the fact that people were acting like it’s no big deal and we’re better off. We really aren’t. W e haven’t had a maker in so long lol
                                I never fell in love with him like many on this board. He's a shooter. That's about it. Sure, we needed him to win a few games, but this team sucked so that's not really saying a ton.

Nobody is going to throw crazy money at him. He's not going to be a big part of any good P5 team next year. He's a spot up shooter on a good team. It's not a bad role, but not one that draws the attention that some on here seem to think. Nobody is saying that he sucks, but he is limited in what he offers.

Good spot up shooter. Doesn't really create good shots for himself or others. Weak on D. Loose ball handling. I don't think anyone would really argue those points if you think he's a big loss or otherwise.

He did get hot over the last couple weeks of the season which pushed his % over 40. I've seen a number of guys in the portal already that shot 40%+ from deep. Many more that were over at least 35%.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X