Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

over $100k? Good lord.

Comment

Hiring a GM. So are they saying Gregg Marshall was interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        over $100k? Good lord.
        Presuming you state that in the thought of "that's all?" it presents what I think is a current conundrum we have. It would seem people don't want to donate until they see results, but we will struggle to get results until we have adequate donations to be competitive in the NIL market.

I hate what college athletics has become, especially in football and mens basketball. Just NFL and NBA Lite.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Strategies View Post

WuShock16,

Thank you for your passionate response and understanding of how important Name, Image and Likeness is to WSU basketball.

We have been working hard in fundraising efforts to close out 2023, generating over six-figures in private funding for WSU student-athletes. While we may not be out and about publicly in various capacities, our priority has been to meet with donors that have the passion and financial capabilities to take WSU NIL to the next level.

We are always looking for additional support both financially and through publicity from Shocker fans. It is a priority to raise as much money as we can to give to the athletes and encourage you and all WSU fans to sign up for the Armchair Army to provide monthly financial support. This is how we can build a robust and impactful NIL program.

In the next week or two we will be making an announcement. If anyone is interested, we’re hiring a GM to take the collective to the next level. https://www.ascension-sports.net/pos...eneral-manager.

Again, thank you for your passionate support for NIL and hope you will continue to spread the word on this message board.

Go Shockers!
          PLEASE provide more transparency.
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Over 6 figures...

Not over half a million, or nearly a million or...

I'm going to say - to date - we've raised around $186,544.29

This program is dead. But can you blame the apathy? Just a few years ago we were playing for a national championship in Atlanta. Now we're in the WAC, we're paying for 5 head coaches between two sports, our current basketball coach looks and seems very SPECIAL, and this generation of snotty-nosed, entitled, soft-ass student-athletes are blackmailing everybody for drug money. **** it.

P.S. I tried to change my profile name to Ghost of CB but couldn't...

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

If anyone knows someone who would be interested in using my "Club" style idea specifically for MBB please tell them to!! Anything is better than what we have right now.
              A legal, "grass roots" program definitely seems like the most viable option moving forward w/ corporate matching incentives.

Back when things were going good, we could (and did) sell a pair of seats on the floor for over a quarter mil. The money is there, but someone, anyone is going to have to generate some excitement. Our current head coach is the epitome of...

If we don't have plump, legal NIL packages ready and waiting at the start of this year's recruiting season, we fall further and further into RDR's abyss.

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

PLEASE provide more transparency.
                This ... Vague numbers with no idea how much is being given to players vs overhead expenses isn't a way to get people to donate more.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This ... Vague numbers with no idea how much is being given to players vs overhead expenses isn't a way to get people to donate more.
                  This is just a bad situation where it seems misuse of funds to embezzlement would be very easy to do.

Comment

I'm not sure if the vague numbers are a sign of foul activity or moreso due to the fact that 6 figures sounds better than 101K.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                      I'm not sure if the vague numbers are a sign of foul activity or moreso due to the fact that 6 figures sounds better than 101K.
                      I was hoping the person just had fat fingers; the "6" and "7" are pretty close on my keyboard.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Strategies View Post

WuShock16,

Thank you for your passionate response and understanding of how important Name, Image and Likeness is to WSU basketball.

We have been working hard in fundraising efforts to close out 2023, generating over six-figures in private funding for WSU student-athletes. While we may not be out and about publicly in various capacities, our priority has been to meet with donors that have the passion and financial capabilities to take WSU NIL to the next level.

We are always looking for additional support both financially and through publicity from Shocker fans. It is a priority to raise as much money as we can to give to the athletes and encourage you and all WSU fans to sign up for the Armchair Army to provide monthly financial support. This is how we can build a robust and impactful NIL program.

In the next week or two we will be making an announcement. If anyone is interested, we’re hiring a GM to take the collective to the next level. https://www.ascension-sports.net/pos...eneral-manager.

Again, thank you for your passionate support for NIL and hope you will continue to spread the word on this message board.

Go Shockers!
                        You gotta deliver what you originally stated you were gonna do, or people start losing trust. Ghosting yourselves for 4 months doesn’t help. Communication is a pretty big deal when running something like this.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

"Technically", the NIL collectives have no connection whatsoever to the University. I don't think any modification to his termination agreement would be needed. The collectives work directly with the athletes and sponsors and have no relationship to the University. (Nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

Marshall would have to be REALLY fond of Mills to do something like that. It's not like he's raising money for his own success.

And I struggle to see Marshall and Mills as being "good buddies".

Wessel seems like the best choice. He's already involved in sales and marketing and has experience in those areas. He's a locl guy. He's well-connected with those who can afford to support NIL.
                          GM separation contract states no contact with the team,not allowed on campus,no interviews about his time at WSU and he is not to wear WSU apparel. There would definitely have to be an amended contract and I don't foresee that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You gotta deliver what you originally stated you were gonna do, or people start losing trust. Ghosting yourselves for 4 months doesn’t help. Communication is a pretty big deal when running something like this.
                            Funny, not a word until they are being questioned. Sitting behind a desk making phone calls to wealthy people creates zero excitement for the program. We need more than they have given us.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerlady View Post

GM separation contract states no contact with the team,not allowed on campus,no interviews about his time at WSU and he is not to wear WSU apparel. There would definitely have to be an amended contract and I don't foresee that happening.
                              We have a MUUUCH more reasonable President and an Athletic Director with an actual vision beyond his paycheck now. It's not impossible that they would amend the contract. But ... they definitely won't do it over 3GM managing NIL.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

OK. There are 899,999 options in six figures. Is Armchair a 501(c)3 and is its tax return public? How much money has it distributed? Is Armchair even really courting the money folks or is it an outlet for the common man to chip in? No reason to think there is malfeasance or mismanagement but some transparency would help people understand where we are.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X