X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
      I'm pretty concerned we're putting all our NIL eggs in the Armchair basket. Not only is there no transparency but we really have no idea of the capabilities and competency of the individuals in charge. Seems like the big boys like our neighbors to the NE at least have a recognizable face to their collectives (usually a popular former athlete). Makes me wonder if anything has really changed since the billboard.
      We are certainly on the same page here. Anyone know any former athletes that want to be the face of a new NIL fund?
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

We are certainly on the same page here. Anyone know any former athletes that want to be the face of a new NIL fund?
        This feels like something Ron and Evan would knock out of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

I have no idea whether Cheese Johnson would have any interest in this or not but his is around and would be a great NIL Ambassador in my opinion.

His office space for his UJUMP charity is in the Devlin Enterprises suite on the SW corner of 13th and Webb.

Not sure who would be the best person to contact Cheese about this. Perhaps Brent Kemnitz.

I would pair Cheese with Ron Baker, although not sure what Ron's time would allow. Last I heard Ron was an executive with Via Christi.

I have no idea whether either guy would interested.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I have no idea whether Cheese Johnson would have any interest in this or not but his is around and would be a great NIL Ambassador in my opinion.

His office space for his UJUMP charity is in the Devlin Enterprises suite on the SW corner of 13th and Webb.

Not sure who would be the best person to contact Cheese about this. Perhaps Brent Kemnitz.

I would pair Cheese with Ron Baker, although not sure what Ron's time would allow. Last I heard Ron was an executive with Via Christi.

Not sure cheese is the right guy for several reasons. Nonetheless they need a friendly, trustworthy face.

Comment

Plus a new wife and a lil Baker baby on the way!

Comment

3G would make a great leader of the NIL if WSU had any inclination to amend his termination agreement and allow him to work in an administrative capacity. No one has better connections to the big $$ in Wichita than 3G. No clue if he would have any interest, but he seems to like living in Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  3G would make a great leader of the NIL if WSU had any inclination to amend his termination agreement and allow him to work in an administrative capacity. No one has better connections to the big $$ in Wichita than 3G. No clue if he would have any interest, but he seems to like living in Wichita.
                  "Technically", the NIL collectives have no connection whatsoever to the University. I don't think any modification to his termination agreement would be needed. The collectives work directly with the athletes and sponsors and have no relationship to the University. (Nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

Marshall would have to be REALLY fond of Mills to do something like that. It's not like he's raising money for his own success.

And I struggle to see Marshall and Mills as being "good buddies".

Wessel seems like the best choice. He's already involved in sales and marketing and has experience in those areas. He's a locl guy. He's well-connected with those who can afford to support NIL.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

"Technically", the NIL collectives have no connection whatsoever to the University. I don't think any modification to his termination agreement would be needed. The collectives work directly with the athletes and sponsors and have no relationship to the University. (Nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

Marshall would have to be REALLY fond of Mills to do something like that. It's not like he's raising money for his own success.

Wessel seems like the best choice. He's already involved in sales and marketing and has experience in those areas. He's a locl guy. He's well-connected with those who can afford to support NIL.
                    Real fuzzy there. I believe Marshall's agreement had some pretty strong wording about even using the WSU name for any reason. Granted it would only matter if one party brought it forward to court. For reference here is the wording from one of the clauses

Cease and Terminate all Professional Service, Endorsement , and other Contracts and Engagements: MARSHALL and HOOPS agree to terminate and immediately cease performing, operating, or authorizing the following activities where WSU, ICAA or any reference to WSU's or ICAA's employees, students, marks, logos, departments, sports programs, or academic programs are in any way references: (1) any personal service contracts for radio, television, or commercial endorsements, (2) Endorsements, (3) consultations, (4) speaking engagements, or (5) Subscriptions or "pay" internet websites
                    Could probably fall under that "consultations" part.
                    Last edited by Stickboy46; January 17, 2024, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I fully agree with your first sentence. However, any NIL collective actions (Armchair in particular in this case) can reflect on the university's good name. I just do not understand all the silence, particularly how "vocal" they were in their beginning.

Comment

Any agreement can be amended and changed by mutual agreement. However, I do not anticipate that will happen nor do I think 3G would have the slightest bit of interest in doing this.

Comment

Any agreement can be amended and changed by mutual agreement. However, I do not anticipate that will happen nor do I think 3G would have the slightest bit of interest in doing this.
                          Amending the agreement opens up other parts to be amended .. both sides gave up 7 million so I doubt either side is really wanting to touch it.

Comment

3G is the only guy in the last 30 years outside of Jim Schaus that has been able to fire up the donor base. He may not be interested at all, but we have a new team in place and need his help. It's a way a mend the fences and bring a legend back into the fold. He seemed to enjoy rubbing elbows and stress about the coaching. Could be a perfect fit.

Comment

If only he would

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Amending the agreement opens up other parts to be amended .. both sides gave up 7 million so I doubt either side is really wanting to touch it.
                                The only thing it opens up is what the parties mutually agree to open up. If one or both of the parties to decide try to play games than no deal gets done. I have seen agreements amended by mutual consent many times. It is not at all uncommon. However, as I said I don't think either party would be interested in doing this, especially 3G. (I don't see 3G having any interest at all in messing with NIL or any fundraising that would benefit WSU).

Comment

Working...
                                X