WHERE IS ARMCHAIR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

The only thing it opens up is what the parties mutually agree to open up. If one or both of the parties to decide try to play games than no deal gets done. I have seen agreements amended by mutual consent many times. It is not at all uncommon. However, as I said I don't think either party would be interested in doing this, especially 3G.
    Correct, we are saying the same thing different ways i think.

Comment

Why even discuss a hypothetical that has zero chance of occuring?

Comment

I could be completely wrong, but I don't see 3G doing anything tied to WSU ever again.

Comment

can't think outside of the box if you're not willing to consider all possibilities

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
            I could be completely wrong, but I don't see 3G doing anything tied to WSU ever again.
            To be honest, I don't really blame him for not wanting to either.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
              There are the makings for a fantastic 30-for-30 type documentary to someday be done about the 3G era…that is, if, and only if, the main character has any interest in doing it.

If there was only someone who could help tell that story really well...

(Whistling…)
              78-65

Comment

Collectives can and do work with universities, but they are outside of the university and cannot meddle with athletes, nor can a school recruit claiming they will make x amount from y collective.

In other words, the school can work with the collective, but not engage in work that is to be done by the collective. That is why you see many collectives listed on many school's websites as the "Preferred Collective" of the school, they have a close relationship with defined roles and boundaries. See K-State: https://catsnil.com/
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Here are the rules off of WSU's website. The role of Wichita State and the collective is done by the compliance dept. The compliance department keeps the NIL's hands clean. Compliance is where you will get your NIL answers.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

KU has NIL opportunities listed on their website. Any fan can pay any athlete for a personal appearance and more.
                    Screenshot_20240117_132828_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                      KU has NIL opportunities listed on their website. Any fan can pay any athlete for a personal appearance and more.
                      Screenshot_20240117_132828_DuckDuckGo.jpg
                      Isn't that essentially the same as Wichita State's Opendorse page where they have a starting price for certain activities?
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Armchair hasn't posted anything on social media since September... their sole purpose is to fundraise for NIL... that does not inspire confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Isn't that essentially the same as Wichita State's Opendorse page where they have a starting price for certain activities?
                          not sure. I'm just pointing out that the school and the NIL do have a relationship. When you browse many schools websites, the list their preferred NIL and the NIL reciprocates. There is more to the relationship.There are also lines that can't be crossed. See Florida State.

Comment

Lady Shocks Squad by Paladin Strategies hasn't posted on Twitter/X since mid-September either. I don't know if they've been more active elsewhere or not.

The third NIL option on the WSU site no longer seems to have an active website.

Almost seems like Opendorse is the best option but seems to be more focused on direct services for people or businesses and mostly revolves around social media.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                              Armchair hasn't posted anything on social media since September... their sole purpose is to fundraise for NIL... that does not inspire confidence.
                              If anyone knows someone who would be interested in using my "Club" style idea specifically for MBB please tell them to!! Anything is better than what we have right now.
                              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                                It’s time for this to get addressed.

Where is Armchair? What are they doing? I’m not up-to-date on Instagram, but on Facebook and Twitter/X, they have ZERO activity since late September.

In another thread, I mentioned how a friend who donates hasn’t heard from them in a year. A couple others reported similar lack of communication.

Are they struggling? Are they mishandling funds? Are they just incompetent? Okay, that’s getting dramatic, but in absence of hearing something…ANYTHING, we tend to fill in the blanks on our own, whether our speculation is accurate or not.

Armchair Strategies , it’s time to tell us what the hell is going on.
                                WuShock16,

Thank you for your passionate response and understanding of how important Name, Image and Likeness is to WSU basketball.

We have been working hard in fundraising efforts to close out 2023, generating over six-figures in private funding for WSU student-athletes. While we may not be out and about publicly in various capacities, our priority has been to meet with donors that have the passion and financial capabilities to take WSU NIL to the next level.

We are always looking for additional support both financially and through publicity from Shocker fans. It is a priority to raise as much money as we can to give to the athletes and encourage you and all WSU fans to sign up for the Armchair Army to provide monthly financial support. This is how we can build a robust and impactful NIL program.

In the next week or two we will be making an announcement. If anyone is interested, we’re hiring a GM to take the collective to the next level. https://www.ascension-sports.net/pos...eneral-manager.

Again, thank you for your passionate support for NIL and hope you will continue to spread the word on this message board.

Go Shockers!

Comment

Working...
                                X