WHERE IS ARMCHAIR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    Is it still the same folks in charge, only a rebrand? We need someone like Elizabeth King who knows what the hell they're doing with major fundraising.
    Sounds like they are having a company do most of the work.

"Blueprint Sports will handle fundraising campaigns, corporate sponsorships, athlete engagements, social media, compliance and player interaction in the community."

I'll likely give them their 1 year 500 donation as a test and then revisit this next year to see if things have actually changed.

Comment

• Feeling the same as Stick. Will probably give the $500 this year. Will re-evaluate later. I understand why people wouldn't want to participate, but I don't feel like I can carry heavy expectations for the program without participating.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
        Feeling the same as Stick. Will probably give the $500 this year. Will re-evaluate later. I understand why people wouldn't want to participate, but I don't feel like I can carry heavy expectations for the program without participating.
        Same. I would do a 1 time $500 donation. If things don't change. Will be the last $$$ they see from me lol
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• So is Matt Baty still involved?

Comment

• I hope they're also looking for another level of donor; 500 people giving an annual gift of $10,000... that should be doable in this community. Regardless, get endorsements from many of our prominent alums...

We endorse 'Wheat Shock Collective':

Antoine Carr, Cliff Levingston, Aubrey Sherrod, Xavier McDaniel, Ron Baker, Fred VanVleet, Tekele Cotton, Rashard Kelly, Garrett Stutz, Markis McDuffie, Paul Miller, Craig Porter Jr., Alec Bohm, Joe Carter, Mike Pelfrey, Braden Looper, Casey Blake, Paul White, Bill Parcells
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              I hope they're also looking for another level of donor; 500 people giving an annual gift of $10,000... that should be doable in this community. Regardless, get endorsements from many of our prominent alums...

We endorse 'Wheat Shock Collective':

Antoine Carr, Cliff Levingston, Aubrey Sherrod, Xavier McDaniel, Ron Baker, Fred VanVleet, Tekele Cotton, Rashard Kelly, Garrett Stutz, Markis McDuffie, Paul Miller, Craig Porter Jr., Alec Bohm, Joe Carter, Mike Pelfrey, Braden Looper, Casey Blake, Paul White, Bill Parcells
              Could also see if any of those prominent alums want to serve as speakers or advisors to current athletes on relevant topics. Even just a once or twice a year speaking session (in person or virtual) could give current athletes valuable insight.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Could also see if any of those prominent alums want to serve as speakers or advisors to current athletes on relevant topics. Even just a once or twice a year speaking session (in person or virtual) could give current athletes valuable insight.
                Someone has to cultivate and do the asking. Forgot Chris Barns and several other prominent bowlers; they'll soon be a part of the NCAA provided the NCAA continues to exist.

I went the male route and posted quickly, but we need prominent or well known 'women' alums like Sydney McKinney, Emily Stockman, Jody Larson, Sara (Lungren) Walkup, Angela Buckner, Alex Harden. I'm sure ole '72 could come up with a better list.
                Last edited by WstateU; March 7, 2024, 03:35 PM.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                  Feeling the same as Stick. Will probably give the $500 this year. Will re-evaluate later. I understand why people wouldn't want to participate, but I don't feel like I can carry heavy expectations for the program without participating.
                  Same .. I ***** a lot .. so I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't at least contribute some lol

Comment

• Freddy's enters into the world of NIL.

No Shockers involved

WBJ - Big Wichita restaurant brand reveals latest Name, Image and Likeness agreements with college athletes

The Wichita-based fast-casual chain shared this week that it now has NIL deals with several basketball stars including:
                    • KJ Adams Jr., KU, junior forward
                    • S'Mya Nichols, KU, freshman guard
                    • Mark Mitchell, Duke University, sophomore forward
                    • Dalton Knecht, University of Tennessee, senior guard
                    • Zakai Zeigler, University of Tennessee, junior guard
                    • Jamal Shead, University of Houston, senior guard
                    • Emanuel Sharp, University of Houston, sophomore guard

Other athletes who now have NIL agreements with the brand include:
                    • Jalen Washington, University of North Carolina men's basketball, sophomore forward
                    • Paulina Paris, University of North Carolina women's basketball, sophomore guard
                    • Casey Cook, University of North Carolina baseball, sophomore outfielder
                    • Tess Darby, University of Tennessee women's basketball, senior guard
                    • Cannon Peebles, University of Tennessee baseball, sophomore catcher
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      That’s pretty shitty IMO, leaving out the hometown school.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Wonder why so many from Tennessee and UNC? I don't know Freddy's history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Maybe there is a franchisee in those markets who has pushed for this? Only thing I can think of.

Comment

Didn’t Freddy have a connection to WSU ? That’s shitty. Where can I can an email to voice my displeasure. That’s bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Started in Wichita in 2002. Over 500 locations.

37 Kansas locations

19 Tennessee

15 North Carolina

They do plan to have over 800 locations by 2030 or something.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Freddy Simon was a WSU grad.

Comment

Working...
                                X