WHERE IS ARMCHAIR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

It’s actually a decent ad… damn nice late 60’s car.
    Plus it runs on the radio during the games. Hats off to Lewis Street Glass, and they will get my business next time I need their services.

Comment

• Two things that could cause alarm among Shocker fans.

1. Armchair brought in a KU guy to help them navigate and administer their collective. The KU collectives have to be competing for Wichita money with Armchair.

2. Bill Self said that WSU hired the right guy to coach basketball.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
        Saw an ad with Xavier Bell the other day for Lewis Street Glass. The ad is on the company's FB page (https://www.facebook.com/LewisStreetGlass/), and it looks like the deal started around February 15. There's also a link from the FB post to https://lewisstreetglass.com/xavier-bell/ with more information.
        For you car guys and gals, I’m guessing it’s a 1967 Pontiac Firebird 400… a sweet ride in yellow and black.

Taking nothing away from XB, he represents his hometown well, but imagine Carr, Levingston, X-Man, Ron or Fred doing the promo back in their days… WuDrWu mentioned supporting Lewis the next time he needs glass. I’m still not a big fan of the NIL, but I’ll try to support those who support our student athletes…

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/Tne...artTimeMs=3000
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

For you car guys and gals, I’m guessing it’s a 1967 Pontiac Firebird 400… a sweet ride in yellow and black.

Taking nothing away from XB, he represents his hometown well, but imagine Carr, Levingston, X-Man, Ron or Fred doing the promo back in their days… WuDrWu mentioned supporting Lewis the next time he needs glass. I’m still not a big fan of the NIL, but I’ll try to support those who support our student athletes…

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/Tne...artTimeMs=3000
          This is exactly how the NIL was supposed to work along with athletes getting compensated for colleges selling jersey replicas, bobble heads and framed photographs. The collectives combined with no transfer rules ruined what was otherwise an acceptable change in college sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Armchair Strategies View Post

WuShock16,

Thank you for your passionate response and understanding of how important Name, Image and Likeness is to WSU basketball.

We have been working hard in fundraising efforts to close out 2023, generating over six-figures in private funding for WSU student-athletes. While we may not be out and about publicly in various capacities, our priority has been to meet with donors that have the passion and financial capabilities to take WSU NIL to the next level.

We are always looking for additional support both financially and through publicity from Shocker fans. It is a priority to raise as much money as we can to give to the athletes and encourage you and all WSU fans to sign up for the Armchair Army to provide monthly financial support. This is how we can build a robust and impactful NIL program.

In the next week or two we will be making an announcement. If anyone is interested, we’re hiring a GM to take the collective to the next level. https://www.ascension-sports.net/pos...eneral-manager.

Again, thank you for your passionate support for NIL and hope you will continue to spread the word on this message board.

Go Shockers!
            It's been 48 days.

Comment

• I think it is time for someone else to take the reigns for NIL at WSU. Armchair is not getting it done.

Comment

• How many of you have taken a look at the job listing?

For those of you that have run a company or own a business or are just sharp, who do think is qualified enough for that job, and what are you going to have to pay that person, to get all that done and work a heavy evening/weekend/7 day schedule?

Now they're "partnering" with Ascension Sports Partners....how many different ways can you hand off "doing" something before something actually gets done? To me at least, it's kind of the same thing with Shocker Sports Properties. Why are we outsourcing things like that when we ALSO have staff within the athletics department?

It's the same issue with schools...how many ****ing assistant vice principals do we need? At some point, you need DOERS. You don't need 12 people in between with their hands out for a piece of the pie. And the smaller you are, the less you need assistant vice principals. I know everyone wants to act big time. And BE big time. I get it. So do I. But you have to be realistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  How many of you have taken a look at the job listing?

For those of you that have run a company or own a business or are just sharp, who do think is qualified enough for that job, and what are you going to have to pay that person, to get all that done and work a heavy evening/weekend/7 day schedule?

Now they're "partnering" with Ascension Sports Partners....how many different ways can you hand off "doing" something before something actually gets done? To me at least, it's kind of the same thing with Shocker Sports Properties. Why are we outsourcing things like that when we ALSO have staff within the athletics department?

It's the same issue with schools...how many ****ing assistant vice principals do we need? At some point, you need DOERS. You don't need 12 people in between with their hands out for a piece of the pie. And the smaller you are, the less you need assistant vice principals. I know everyone wants to act big time. And BE big time. I get it. So do I. But you have to be realistic.
                  Went to try to find the job posting .. armchair strategies now redirects to a "Coming Soon" page for Wheatshock collective.

Then back to your question. Sure seems like the qualifications needed for that are going to require a salary figure that is as high as some of the figures we've seen quoted as being available in our NIL

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Went to try to find the job posting .. armchair strategies now redirects to a "Coming Soon" page for Wheatshock collective.

Then back to your question. Sure seems like the qualifications needed for that are going to require a salary figure that is as high as some of the figures we've seen quoted as being available in our NIL
                    I think the writing is on the wall. Shockernet is gonna have to take the whole freaking thing over to make it work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I think the writing is on the wall. Shockernet is gonna have to take the whole freaking thing over to make it work.
                      Yep. Need people who are actually passionate about Shocker Athletics and seeing it succeed.

Comment

• Maybe we need to do this with Armchair?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I mean, if they come out and say, sorry we've been MIA, but we're re-branding, here's what we're changing, etc. I would give them a pass, I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

I mean, if they come out and say, sorry we've been MIA, but we're re-branding, here's what we're changing, etc. I would give them a pass, I think.
                            I posted in the "New NIL" post though .. its awful close to the "WheatShocker Collective" being proposed here though.

Comment

I posted in the "New NIL" post though .. its awful close to the "WheatShocker Collective" being proposed here though.
                              Yes, but I'm not going to assume bad intent. Especially since they said in January they were going to have an announcement, which I could speculate would relate to the rebranding.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

Yes, but I'm not going to assume bad intent. Especially since they said in January they were going to have an announcement, which I could speculate would relate to the rebranding.
                                That announcement was allegedly supposed to be made two or three weeks after that post. It's been about twice that.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X