WHERE IS ARMCHAIR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

That announcement was allegedly supposed to be made two or three weeks after that post. It's been about twice that.
    Two or three weeks, two or three months

Po-TAY-to, Po-TAH-to

78-65

Comment

• Welp. Since they were KU guys anyway, I'm guessing this is about what I expect the Armchair guys look like behind the scenes.

Comment

• At least Jessie and Combo could move some glass!

Comment

• Maybe we could Walter White our way to NIL bounty!
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
            Maybe we could Walter White our way to NIL bounty!
            What a great song...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Maybe I'm wrong, but the two main guys running the collective weren't KU guys. They just had a third guy, from KU, that was helping get it off the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                They just had a third guy, from KU, that was helping get it off the ground.
                What a great job he did...
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• One should watch his or her six if Matt's in the room. And your hat and coat. And wallet. Reputation.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                    Maybe I'm wrong, but the two main guys running the collective weren't KU guys. They just had a third guy, from KU, that was helping get it off the ground.
                    This...Tyler and Tymber?

Comment

• Having a KU booster and loyalist set up WSU's NIL is like having a KU asistant coach prepare the scouting report for a game against KU.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Armchair no more

AOL - Wichita State NIL collective announces new partner, rebrands to Wheat Shock Collective

The primary Wichita State NIL collective is receiving a makeover.

Armchair Strategies, which was launched in April 2022 by former WSU baseball players Tymber Lee and Tyler Weber, announced Thursday afternoon it has partnered with Blueprint Sports and rebranded to Wheat Shock Collective.

“Elevating WSU athletics has been a central focus for us since the inception of the collective nearly two years ago,” Lee said in a statement. “With the increasing importance of NIL and in collaboration with Blueprint Sports, we are advancing our efforts to provide even more support in new and creative ways. This presents a significant opportunity for all Shockers and your support is particularly crucial at this juncture.”

Lee and Weber, who are both active members in the Wichita business community, have helped represent WSU student-athletes in sports like men’s basketball, volleyball, softball and baseball to help them earn money from their name, image and likeness.
                        They're looking for 5000 people to give an annual gift of $500
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Armchair no more

AOL - Wichita State NIL collective announces new partner, rebrands to Wheat Shock Collective

They're looking for 5000 people to give an annual gift of $500
                          $2,500,000 is a good starting point. I am guessing given the failure of Armchair that they will find people initially hesitant to sign on. I wish them luck and will cautiously consider signing on.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

$2,500,000 is a good starting point. I am guessing given the failure of Armchair that they will find people initially hesitant to sign on. I wish them luck and will cautiously consider signing on.
                            Sounds like 2.5 not including corporate sponsorships. A strong goal that should put us pretty high in the conference when it comes to NIL opportunities.

I'm interested in the Blueprint Sports partnership. They also partner with the KU collective, and some big name schools. The KU collective is strong, but I'm wondering how successful they've been with other schools.

Comment

• Is it still the same folks in charge, only a rebrand? We need someone like Elizabeth King who knows what the hell they're doing with major fundraising.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                                Is it still the same folks in charge, only a rebrand? We need someone like Elizabeth King who knows what the hell they're doing with major fundraising.
                                Kind of. Tymber Lee and Tyler Weber are still involved, but they've signed a partnership with a national company to run the day-to-day stuff, find fundraisers, sign partnership deals, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X