No announcement yet.

WHERE IS ARMCHAIR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's just hope it's not like the story about Billy Joe and Bobbie Sue...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Slightly more information here, but only one of the three listed has Armchair listed on their Linkedin

Originally founded as Armchair Strategies and rebranded in March 2024, Wheat Shock Collective is now operated by Blueprint Sports. The partnership provides increased infrastructure for the collective as it strives to elevate its NIL strategies and support for Wichita State student-athletes, fans and alumni. Armchair Strategies was the first NIL collective at Wichita State. “We’re excited to see Wichita State student-athletes benefit from the additional support that Wheat Shock Collective will provide,” said Kevin Saal, Director of Athletics at Wichita State University. “We all know how important NIL is in today’s landscape, so having an organization that’s dedicated to their NIL success and to connecting them with the Wichita community is critical."

Comment

• Originally posted by Armchair Strategies View Post

WuShock16,

Thank you for your passionate response and understanding of how important Name, Image and Likeness is to WSU basketball.

We have been working hard in fundraising efforts to close out 2023, generating over six-figures in private funding for WSU student-athletes. While we may not be out and about publicly in various capacities, our priority has been to meet with donors that have the passion and financial capabilities to take WSU NIL to the next level.

We are always looking for additional support both financially and through publicity from Shocker fans. It is a priority to raise as much money as we can to give to the athletes and encourage you and all WSU fans to sign up for the Armchair Army to provide monthly financial support. This is how we can build a robust and impactful NIL program.

In the next week or two we will be making an announcement. If anyone is interested, we’re hiring a GM to take the collective to the next level. https://www.ascension-sports.net/pos...eneral-manager.

Again, thank you for your passionate support for NIL and hope you will continue to spread the word on this message board.

Go Shockers!
        *crickets*

Another promise not delivered. This is the exact opposite of gaining trust with fans handing over part of their paychecks to you.

Talk about midmajor amateur hour.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Stay tuned. And not from Armchair.
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
            Stay tuned. And not from Armchair.
            Now, THAT'S how you do a tease and raise interest.

Comment

Stay tuned. And not from Armchair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yup, Matt and Ryan Baty are listed as part of Armchair .. Matt Baty also runs the collective you mentioned. They are both former KU baseball players from what I can tell.
                Maybe KU needed the money for their NIL deals.

Comment

• Comment

• Need specifics and accountability asap. Lets see the books.

Comment

• If you are business minded, have an interest in turning around NIL at WSU, or just an interest in NIL at all please shoot me a PM
                      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Saw an ad with Xavier Bell the other day for Lewis Street Glass. The ad is on the company's FB page (https://www.facebook.com/LewisStreetGlass/), and it looks like the deal started around February 15. There's also a link from the FB post to https://lewisstreetglass.com/xavier-bell/ with more information.
                        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                          Saw an ad with Xavier Bell the other day for Lewis Street Glass. The ad is on the company's FB page (https://www.facebook.com/LewisStreetGlass/), and it looks like the deal started around February 15. There's also a link from the FB post to https://lewisstreetglass.com/xavier-bell/ with more information.
                          It’s actually a decent ad… damn nice late 60’s car.

For you car guys and gals, I’m guessing it’s a 1967 Pontiac Firebird 400… a sweet ride in yellow and black.

Taking nothing away from XB, he represents his hometown well, but imagine Carr, Levingston, X-Man, Ron or Fred doing the promo back in their days… WuDrWu mentioned supporting Lewis the next time he needs glass. I’m still not a big fan of the NIL, but I’ll try to support those who support our student athletes…

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                          Last edited by WstateU; February 21, 2024, 01:20 PM.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Saw this on the WSU NIL page at https://goshockers.com/sports/2022/4...-likeness.aspx

Wichita State University supports NIL and our student-athletes’ ability to capitalize on some of their greatest and most valuable assets. While the institution is not and cannot be involved in facilitating NIL activities, it does want to ensure that our student-athletes and community partners are following all applicable rules and regulations so as not to jeopardize the eligibility of the student-athlete. Currently, four (4) pathways exist for community engagement: Armchair Strategies, Player Card, Paladin Strategies, Opendorse and direct connection with student-athletes.

It is important to understand, the first two pathways involve administrative fees, above and beyond the NIL deal itself. Armchair Strategies, Paladin Strategies, Player Card and Opendorse charge administrative overhead (5-20% depending on nature of activity). Those fees pay for Armchair Strategies, Paladin Strategies, Player Card and Opendorse critical service components (i.e., contract generation, document storage, tax withholding/reporting, etc.) that protect both the integrity of the institution and the eligibility of student-athletes.

The third pathway includes direct connection with student-athletes. Community members may contact student-athletes regarding NIL proposals directly through social media, email, etc. This pathway requires critical service components (i.e., contract generation, document storage, tax withholding/reporting, etc.) be the responsibility of the student-athletes and/or local businesses.
                            I haven't heard of Player Card or Paladin Strategies so I looked around the internet:
                            I wonder if the Xavier Bell one was through Armchair or just a direct connection between Bell and Lewis Street Glass.
                            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

If you are business minded, have an interest in turning around NIL at WSU, or just an interest in NIL at all please shoot me a PM
                              Set up a lunch. I'll bring strategy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                                Saw this on the WSU NIL page at https://goshockers.com/sports/2022/4...-likeness.aspx

I haven't heard of Player Card or Paladin Strategies so I looked around the internet:
                                I wonder if the Xavier Bell one was through Armchair or just a direct connection between Bell and Lewis Street Glass.
                                I believe Paladin is solely focused on women's sports. They have been very involved with softball. Last year, they did cards with the signatures of Addie and Syd that you could buy. I have no idea how many they sold, but they were nice looking cards that could have been a nice collectors item sort of thing. Have no idea how much Addie and Syd got from each card.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X