Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Wedge had health problems too...

You're going for the record of 10 worst posts in SN history all in the same month, huh?

Starting 2024 strong.
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

I don't have much to say about recruiting. I don't follow it. Kid shows up, plays hard, works hard, good things will happen. No matter what any recruiting or scouting service says.

One of my favorite shockers to take the hardwood in the yellow and black. I found these quotes on him. On Shockernet. And I could play this game all day with a lot of Shocker recruits. Isn't that right, Casey? Any guesses without cheating and looking back like I had to do?

considered Murray State, Middle Tennessee State, Morehead State, Northeastern and others.

I hope he is a diamond in the rough cause this sure isn't knocking my socks off. Seems Kenny M esq.

They see something in him, but I agree that the list of others recruiting doesn't blow anyone away.

This must be our new center!!

My favorite: How is his first name pronounced?

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Where they?

Pipkin had a list that included Colorado, Houston, TCU, and Washington State.

Williams had Indiana State, Iowa, Mizzou, North Texas, SMU, Tennessee, aTm, and Texas Tech.

I would say they may have had similar interests with the edge going to Pipkin. Houston is the best of that bunch. Probably followed by Tennessee, then Colorado, aTm, TCU, and Tech.

Then when it comes down to visits, Colorado was the best one taken by either.

Guess it depend on where you look. The list I saw for Pipkin did not include Colorado, Houston, or TCU

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
          I don't have much to say about recruiting. I don't follow it. Kid shows up, plays hard, works hard, good things will happen. No matter what any recruiting or scouting service says.

One of my favorite shockers to take the hardwood in the yellow and black. I found these quotes on him. On Shockernet. And I could play this game all day with a lot of Shocker recruits. Isn't that right, Casey? Any guesses without cheating and looking back like I had to do?

considered Murray State, Middle Tennessee State, Morehead State, Northeastern and others.

I hope he is a diamond in the rough cause this sure isn't knocking my socks off. Seems Kenny M esq.

They see something in him, but I agree that the list of others recruiting doesn't blow anyone away.

This must be our new center!!

My favorite: How is his first name pronounced?
          That would be one Tekele Cotton
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

That would be one Tekele Cotton
            Interesting fact. You can add GM to the list of people who were skeptical when he showed up on campus.

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

You're going for the record of 10 worst posts in SN history all in the same month, huh?

Starting 2024 strong.
              OMG! OMG! Like my post! Like my post! *looks to the right* *looks to the right* *looks to the right*

Benchwarmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Guess it depend on where you look. The list I saw for Pipkin did not include Colorado, Houston, or TCU
                Pipkin took an official visit to Colorado so whatever website did not include them is not very reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Pipkin took an official visit to Colorado so whatever website did not include them is not very reliable.
                  Are any of them?

Comment

I only looked at 247 for those lists
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Starting 2024 strong.
                      I thought he already held that record?

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

As much as that is always a good fun story .. and sometimes it happens to be true, its just not the norm. Xaiver Bell shows up .. i doubt anyone really doubts he works hard and plays hard. Doesn't mean he's going to take us to the promise land.

There are always the Ron Baker, Tekele Cotton stories. Those players are definitely needed on a team. But we also need the FVV, the Landry Shamet, the Markis McDuffie type players to really be competitive. Those are the players that normally the recruiting services say are good. They aren't always right, they miss both directions, but in general, if you are getting a Top 150 player, you are more likely to get success from them than trying to find the diamond in a rough.

Though the counter point now is that you might actually need a Top 50 ish player if you really want them to impact before the portal gets them, otherwise landing a proven player or two in the portal might be the better way.

Comment

• If the team still looks to be poorly managed by the end of the season, the AD needs to step in and recommend assistant coaching changes.

Something is off with Mills' "aww shucks" demeanor. That profile is usually masking some serious rage/resentment. If he's found to not be seeking the counsel of his support staff (when he should be), then changes need to occur.

If our AD is going to take a hands off approach for 3 years, and this becomes one big turd of a situation, he's sowing the seeds of his own demise as well. It is the AD's responsibility for the health of the athletic programs. He needs to be actively involved, stopping just short of being meddling/annoying. Essentially a Jim Schaus clone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I thought he already held that record?
                            You formally applying to be my new Aargh, Stick?

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              I will give you that he was apparently briefly inside the top 150 and has slowly fallen about 80 spots in the last year.
                              Sub you are typically more analytical than this evaluation.

Just taking a quick look at the 247 history shows TJ went from 169 to 200 the update after his verbal to WSU and from 193 to 225 the update after his LOI.
                              TJ debuted at 139 on 9/22, without those two events he would be around 162 but I would conclude there has to be some sort of bias built in. We will never know but I can’t help but wonder if he might have received a similar positive bump had he went with a P5 contender. Shazam, he’s a 247 Top 100!

Comment

• He moved up a little bit after signing before falling again.

I don't know how their grading system works, but it apparently fluctuates a bit during every update. Do guys move up or down some depending on where they sign? Sometimes, sure. Is it as drastic as people like to portray? I don't believe so.

Hell, VanVleet started moving up after he committed to us. He was outside of everyone's top 150 when he committed to us, though I do remember some of those scouts that work for these sites, specifically Eric Bossi, mentioning that there were some that were high on him, but because he didn't play on a premier AAU team he wasn't seen as much and was harder to evaluate because of that.

I don't think that's the case for Williams as KC Run is one of the high profile AAU organizations in the area.

I don't recall Shamet or Duff taking hits.

I do think that Rivals and Scout were more likely to do that to appease their paying customers. If Wichita had a pay site on one of them back in the day things might have looked a bit different for some of them. I don't follow recruiting near as closely as I did years ago. I think Scout became 247. But I still don't think once you're outside the top 100, especially top 150 that they care all that much with the rankings of players and won't have significant shifts just because of who they commit to.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X