Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjl View Post

Really? Where?

So the thread title says what the threads about and the words actually posted within that thread don't? Does that mean by you posting in this thread you're saying Mills is on the hot seat?

So having a thread titled “Paul Mills hot seat” means exactly what to you?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

So having a thread titled “Paul Mills hot seat” means exactly what to you?
      Seems pretty obvious. Means the heat is turned up and the rose colored glasses are off. Means we aren't happy and all-forgiving of what we are seeing. "Hot seat" may be extreme but the content of the thread itself has been pretty self-explanatory.

You know, you can play dumb all you want but at a certain point the world wonders if you're actually playing.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Mr Overreaction Stickboy thought Mills should be let go in post 150.

We all know you have an incredible boner for IB, for whatever reason. You can also play dumb as much as you want. You know what hot seat implies. It’s embarrassing that any discussion is being made under that title, 8 months into his role.

Now crow on back, tell me I’m wrong and let Stickboy like you like a good little fanboy he is.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Post in question-

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Are we still within the return policy on Mills or any of the new recruits other than Ridgnal ? I know Bell is outside policy
          Maybe tongue in cheek. Maybe not.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
            Post in question-

Maybe tongue in cheek. Maybe not.
            If anyone thought a post about a ... Return policy... On coaches and players was a serious post...

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If anyone thought a post about a ... Return policy... On coaches and players was a serious post...
              lol you would never overreact and backtrack
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The good thing about the new unlimited transfer rules is that we don’t have to feel bad about showing players the door.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  What is the contract? How many years? How many dollars per year?
                  Several of the head coach's contracts, including Mills, can be found on WSU's open records Athletics Contracts page at https://www.wichita.edu/about/public..._contracts.php
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Why would we expect this to be any better than GM's first season. IB is the only one of these 3 coaches that had a "good team" in his first year...the cupboard was fully stocked.
                    GM inherited a few MT returnees; PM inherited a few IB returnees.
                    I know our first year under GM was well under .500....and there were whiners then also. Second season was .500. Third season we took off!

Recruiting more quality players is much easier with a passionate fan base; and now, we also need money to bring players in.

Support the coach and the players and have a little patience.

Comment

MT and GM both got off to rough starts --- 9-19 and 11-20. Both were .500 by year 2 and NIT level in the third year. So, .

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                        Why would we expect this to be any better than GM's first season. IB is the only one of these 3 coaches that had a "good team" in his first year...the cupboard was fully stocked.
                        GM inherited a few MT returnees; PM inherited a few IB returnees.
                        I know our first year under GM was well under .500....and there were whiners then also. Second season was .500. Third season we took off!

Recruiting more quality players is much easier with a passionate fan base; and now, we also need money to bring players in.

Support the coach and the players and have a little patience.
                        Excellent post which puts things in perspective for the impatient, irrational few.

Look I don’t like watching us circle the drain this season. I don’t like the current state of the program. Our team makes my eyes hurt. Probably a lot of similar statements could be made in MT and GM’s first seasons. But you don’t start throwing out “hot seat” threads 2 months into year 1. It’s a horrible look and if any outsiders caught wind of it, it would scare any decent coach away within 1000 miles of this place.

Asinine.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It's starting to feel like the post Gene Smithson era.
                          Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            MT and GM both got off to rough starts --- 9-19 and 11-20. Both were .500 by year 2 and NIT level in the third year. So, .
                            I think we can match those year 1 records.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Excellent post which puts things in perspective for the impatient, irrational few.

Look I don’t like watching us circle the drain this season. I don’t like the current state of the program. Our team makes my eyes hurt. Probably a lot of similar statements could be made in MT and GM’s first seasons. But you don’t start throwing out “hot seat” threads 2 months into year 1. It’s a horrible look and if any outsiders caught wind of it, it would scare any decent coach away within 1000 miles of this place.

Asinine.
                              Stop pandering for likes 2nd stringer.

Our previous NATIONAL program is currently planted head-first in a South Wichita trailer park.

A legit top 30 coach wouldn't give a **** what some assholes on a message board were saying. He would come into our barn thinking his dick swung lower than anybody's ever.

His concerns would be the following: where his jet was parked, if his NIL budget had 6 or 7 zeros, and his 2.25M starting paycheck.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is the coach that should have followed Marshall - who had all that and then some. And THAT barely got us where we needed to be.

Buy nice or buy twice you *******. You sent us back to the 90's again. I hope you all tear your ACL's this year in Aspen.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Stop pandering for likes 2nd stringer.

Our previous NATIONAL program is currently planted head-first in a South Wichita trailer park.

A legit top 30 coach wouldn't give a **** what some assholes on a message board were saying. He would come into our barn thinking his dick swung lower than anybody's ever.

His concerns would be the following: where his jet was parked, if his NIL budget had 6 or 7 zeros, and his 2.25M starting paycheck.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is the coach that should have followed Marshall - who had all that and then some. And THAT barely got us where we needed to be.

Buy nice or buy twice you *******. You sent us back to the 90's again. I hope you all tear your ACL's this year in Aspen.
                                lol.

Im not arguing what should’ve been done after Marshall was let go. Of course all of that should’ve happened. We had a chance to make a great hire as our program was still sitting with clout. But then BoatAnchor did us in.

That’s all in the past. We’re talking about the current. Our program is no longer at that level. We can’t buy players and we signed a 5 year contract with the current coach. So unless you wanna unload some of your Pfizer stock with us, this is what we have to deal with. And running off a guy 2 months into the season after he had a few months to recruit rejected P5 players and Conference USA talent is not what I would call rational or advisable, or even remotely possible.

So shift back into reality and get comfy for a while.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X