Court TRO on 2nd time transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Contracts by the themselves wont solve the problem .. might make it worse. There zero chance contracts would be allowed without some sort of buyout. The bigger higher dollar schools would just pay the buyouts. While that would slightly redistribute funds, its likely not enough to make an impact.

If we are going pro model, then well we need to go pro model. Will have to have a Collective Bargaining Agreement, Salary caps and floors and equal revenue distribution.
    I'm sure someone will challenge the salary caps in court and win. Who's to say what a person is worth anymore?

Comment

Contracts by the themselves wont solve the problem .. might make it worse. There zero chance contracts would be allowed without some sort of buyout. The bigger higher dollar schools would just pay the buyouts. While that would slightly redistribute funds, its likely not enough to make an impact.

If we are going pro model, then well we need to go pro model. Will have to have a Collective Bargaining Agreement, Salary caps and floors and equal revenue distribution.
      Count me completely out of that nonsense. I will start attending middle school games and never watch another minute of college basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Count me completely out of that nonsense. I will start attending middle school games and never watch another minute of college basketball.
        You’re not alone. Makes my head hurt just thinking about it.

Comment

NCAA continues to make this more confusing than it has to be ...

Feel bad for anyone player that played last night under the previous guidance ...

Also of note: The NCAA is pausing reviewing any existing waiver requests until after the 27th ... so this could end up just being a 2 week delay to getting a response to Degray's waiver at which point, does he even want to play this year if he doesn't get an answer until mid-late January.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Why not just have an _actual_ buy out?
            As in paying back tuition buy out? Someone like KU will just write a check on the kids behalf. That truly won’t solve the problem and is no better than what we have. They leave early, they sit a year…no waiver unless they went to a junior college. No matter how awful the player is, the program still has to live with them for two years and then can incentivize them staying with more NIL money from those BS collectives.

It all started with the Senior grad transfers not having to sit out, which is silly in the first place since many grad programs that are worth a **** nowadays take two years to complete (unless that is part of the rule, that the program can be completed in a year). Whose bright idea was that?

Comment

So no DeGray on Saturday.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

NCAA continues to make this more confusing than it has to be ...

Feel bad for anyone player that played last night under the previous guidance ...

Also of note: The NCAA is pausing reviewing any existing waiver requests until after the 27th ... so this could end up just being a 2 week delay to getting a response to Degray's waiver at which point, does he even want to play this year if he doesn't get an answer until mid-late January.

Any player that played last night and their coach was naive to trust the NCAA.

Comment

Anarchy.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

As in paying back tuition buy out? Someone like KU will just write a check on the kids behalf. That truly won’t solve the problem and is no better than what we have. They leave early, they sit a year…no waiver unless they went to a junior college. No matter how awful the player is, the program still has to live with them for two years and then can incentivize them staying with more NIL money from those BS collectives.

It all started with the Senior grad transfers not having to sit out, which is silly in the first place since many grad programs that are worth a **** nowadays take two years to complete (unless that is part of the rule, that the program can be completed in a year). Whose bright idea was that?

Comment

I’m sure TP put a lot of consideration into the fine graduate program at West Virginia University, and it swayed him to go there. I know he’s really burning the candle at both ends to get that master’s degree.
                      78-65

Comment

Here’s another thought, although it would require the NCAA to demolish all existing conferences but perhaps could restore fandom: run all sports like the European Soccer leagues where teams can rise and fall into the different levels based upon performance from year to year. Have 3 levels and it’s based on teams and sports, not the entire school. For example, WSU might be in the Premier league for Softball but the Mid level league for basketball, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          So no DeGray on Saturday.
                          ?????????????? Who knows. If we don't have clarity on eligibility question that's a tough call. What would you do if you were Ronnie DeGray?

Why the NCAA simply cannot come out and say this will or it will not impact eligibility is beyond me. Just take a position one way or the other. The uncertainty is worse than a decision your disagree with.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 14, 2023, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Any player that played last night and their coach was naive to trust the NCAA.
                            No worries, P5 players will be exempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              Here’s another thought, although it would require the NCAA to demolish all existing conferences but perhaps could restore fandom: run all sports like the European Soccer leagues where teams can rise and fall into the different levels based upon performance from year to year. Have 3 levels and it’s based on teams and sports, not the entire school. For example, WSU might be in the Premier league for Softball but the Mid level league for basketball, etc.
                              Welcome to finally catching up to what I have been spouting for the past 100 years. The rest of the world solved this problem a looooooooooong time ago. And you will need more than 3 levels to do it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Welcome to finally catching up to what I have been spouting for the past 100 years. The rest of the world solved this problem a looooooooooong time ago. And you will need more than 3 levels to do it right.
                                Damn, you’re old.

IKBIC

78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X