Court TRO on 2nd time transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Here’s another thought, although it would require the NCAA to demolish all existing conferences but perhaps could restore fandom: run all sports like the European Soccer leagues where teams can rise and fall into the different levels based upon performance from year to year. Have 3 levels and it’s based on teams and sports, not the entire school. For example, WSU might be in the Premier league for Softball but the Mid level league for basketball, etc.
    I had a thought popping around my brain about that design, but just for college football.
    • All conference affiliations are moot.
    • Have several 16 team "leagues". League 1, League 2, etc.
    • Each 16 team league plays everyone in its league once.
    • The top 4 (or whatever is decided, maybe 8, maybe 12) in League 1 have a playoff, and the winner is declared the National Champion.
    • The bowl games can take teams from League 2 on down for their games.
    • The top 4 in each league from League 2 on down are promoted to the league above. Maybe have the top 2 regular season go up automatically, and a 4 team playoff for the other 2 promotion spots.
    • The bottom 4 in each league except the bottom one are relegated down.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

It’s going to take a radical departure from the existing platform if the NCAA has any hope of keeping college sports alive. Basically every school is going to have to run every single one of their sports like a business with employees (the players). No more conference hoarding of revenues or TV contracts. It will be team by team basis, let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

It doesn't even need the NCAA. Every sport already has a regulating body. Use them.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

College basketball programs with athletes who have transferred two or more times previously are consulting their legal teams about whether to let them play.

a document circulated by the NCAA to its member schools clarifies that the redshirt rule for athletes would still apply if the court’s decision is reversed: Basketball players who compete during the two-week window would be using a season of eligibility.
          Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Sue 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Seems this would be punishment that the courts say can't happen. But I guess the NCAA has to keep some power. They will probably require a waiver for those who play in the 14 day period in order to regain the year of eligibility. KU player, no problem, year granted. WSU player, sorry, no go

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                It doesn't even need the NCAA. Every sport already has a regulating body. Use them.
                At that point what do why do even need the schools attached to the sports. The schools can continue with their club sports and intramurals if they need activities for the students. Total flexibility for the athletes at that point. Go pro and work in school on your own dime if you want, or not. Or go to school and play club sports if you want and have the time.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

At that point what do why do even need the schools attached to the sports. The schools can continue with their club sports and intramurals if they need activities for the students. Total flexibility for the athletes at that point. Go pro and work in school on your own dime if you want, or not. Or go to school and play club sports if you want and have the time.
                  They are always attached to something. A school, a town, a club. School pride and resources are a great reason to host a team. One day WSU could play Sporting KC, if the resources were there.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I'm with you. It is getting so absurd.

It's funny how the world is devolving. We have Title IX to make sure that women get equal opportunity in sports, but now the world is pushing to allow men to participate in women's sports. We had college sports to allow people who may not have been academically inclined to have a chance to use their athletic skills to get a college education. Now it screw the education part, just give us the money and lets forget about that class thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I'm with you. It is getting so absurd.

It's funny how the world is devolving. We have Title IX to make sure that women get equal opportunity in sports, but now the world is pushing to allow men to participate in women's sports. We had college sports to allow people who may not have been academically inclined to have a chance to use their athletic skills to get a college education. Now it screw the education part, just give us the money and lets forget about that class thing.
                      Except that they are still asking us to pay for the class thing. We fund the school (teachers, professors, and other worthless chowderheads that sit and think and do nothing), while those prices skyrocket faster than everything (why) except medical care (I get that increase at least) and now have to pay to get kids to play.

I cannot see this being sustainable, but what do I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Except that they are still asking us to pay for the class thing. We fund the school (teachers, professors, and other worthless chowderheads that sit and think and do nothing), while those prices skyrocket faster than everything (why) except medical care (I get that increase at least) and now have to pay to get kids to play.

I cannot see this being sustainable, but what do I know.
                        Paid to play.
                        My grandkids watch this daily

Last edited by Atxshoxfan; December 15, 2023, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• If true, we have Degray for the rest of the year (assuming he wants to play and doesn't want to wait for a full year)

Comment

• The only thing that makes sense. The NCAA was trying to pull a fast one and I am betting they got beotch slapped by the judge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If true, we have Degray for the rest of the year (assuming he wants to play and doesn't want to wait for a full year)

Comment

• Also seen a couple waivers granted for academic reasons today. So maybe they will act quickly on Cortes and might be gunshy to deny anything

Comment

Working...
                                X