Court TRO on 2nd time transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court TRO on 2nd time transfers

Pulling this out of the coaches show thread because this could be a direct impact on WSU in the short term.

If its focused on 2 time waivers its would only effect Degray

Whoa, so all players waiting on waivers due to transferring multiple times are cleared to play for 14 days???!? That makes no sense, so what does it really mean?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Whoa, so all players waiting on waivers due to transferring multiple times are cleared to play for 14 days???!? That makes no sense, so what does it really mean?
      Basically that because those states are challenging the legality of the NCAA to restrict those players based on these waivers, they got a restraining order that the NCAA can not enforce those rules until after the next court session.

So yea .. realistically we SHOULD be able to play Degray with no consequences. I'm of the opinion at this point of the year, just play both Degray and Cortes

Comment

Anarchy.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The counter point on playing Degray is he only has one year of eligiblility left ... could potentially burn that for 2 weeks if this gets reversed

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              The counter point on playing Degray is he only has one year of eligiblility left ... could potentially burn that for 2 weeks if this gets reversed
              Good point. Really comes down to if you think this will hold up, but we're probably a better team next year and if he wants a chance to dance he should probably stay on the end of the bench.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Also being reported that legally the TRO only applies in the court jurisdiction in Northern West Viriginia. So you would have to be betting on the NCAA not enforcing rules differently in different regions.

Comment

Taylor pointed out Degray has TWO years left .. so may or may not be worth it to him.

What i expect to happen:
                  We don't play him
                  They make this a permanent ruling at the end of the CBB year
                  Degray transfers again and is immediately eligible at his new school

lol

Comment

Also being reported that legally the TRO only applies in the court jurisdiction in Northern West Viriginia. So you would have to be betting on the NCAA not enforcing rules differently in different regions.
                    They would get sued immediately if they enforced the rules elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

They would get sued immediately if they enforced the rules elsewhere.
                      Right, but all comes down to timing. Right now this is only valid for 14 days anyways.

Comment

KU definitely behind the short 2 week window since that keeps Degray and Cortes out of our game with them. Chumps!

Comment

The other side of this is, if the government is going to basically tell the NCAA they can't enforce their rules, say hello to players transferring every year with no penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            The other side of this is, if the government is going to basically tell the NCAA they can't enforce their rules, say hello to players transferring every year with no penalties.
                            I think this is where it is all heading eventually. Now, another fwiw, I personally don't thin k it would be good for Degray OR the team if he playas at any time this year. Not good for team chemistry. OTOH, I think we could really use Cortes asap.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              Yup, I'm not a fan of the long run consequences on this. I'm also not a fan of the NCAA having a say right now. They pick and choose who wins with no consistency. I'd rather see a blanket 1 time waiver, and any other transfer requires a year sitting .. not waivers at all for 2nd, 3rd, 73rd transfers

Comment

Working...
                              X