No announcement yet.

Court TRO on 2nd time transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How soon till schools start signing 4 year contracts with players, signing bonuses, etc?

I mean that’s what I would do, they want to be pro’s? Lock em up to a contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      To your statement, if we decided to play Yanis Bamba for 1 minute last game, he would use a year of eligibility. The letter of the law says he's eligible to play. The same applies to any player. So I'm not sure how it would be considered "punishment"
      It would be punishment _in light of the new court ruling_, dude. You're just arguing to argue and it's distracting me and ChatGPT from plotting to take over the world. Your devious plan to stop me has been thwarted! muhahaa muuhahahah MUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The Honorable Jay Bilas presiding

Comment

Free Ronnie!!!!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Here’s what they need to do since they are now making schools pay players and the players are free to move whenever they want: make the players sign 4 year contracts with termination clauses and buyout clauses just like they do with coaches. The players want to be treated like pros, make it work both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Here’s what they need to do since they are now making schools pay players and the players are free to move whenever they want: make the players sign 4 year contracts with termination clauses and buyout clauses just like they do with coaches. The players want to be treated like pros, make it work both ways.
              This is the way. Imagine if pro sports allowed players to sign one year contracts and leave for another team whenever they wanted. It would be absolute chaos. And it is right now in college sports.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I've said this many times. That is bound to happen if this ruling stands. And that's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  Eagle - What does court ruling against NCAA waiver mean for two-time transfer at Wichita State

Taylor talked to a sports attorney to get this info. Still some gray area here and need the NCAA to say something.
                  Non-Eagle link:
                  https://news.yahoo.com/does-court-ru...ycsrp_catchall
                  "The NCAA announced it will comply with the court’s ruling and allow multi-year transfers to play freely over the 14-day period and also clarified that the games won’t impact eligibility for players if the ruling is later overturned."
                  Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    Free Ronnie!!!!
                    OK, it appears he will be "free" to play for 14 days. I am wondering whose minutes he is going to take and how many??? How much of an upgrade, if any, is he to any of our top seven? I see maybe some mild type of pros but can also see some potential cons. Bottom line is that I will be shocked if he is much of a difference maker considering the players he would take minutes from.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I actually liked the two-time transfer rule since it attempted to put some order into the wild west the transfer portal has become. The problem was always the inconsistency of waivers. I always felt like there should be specific, black-and-white scenarios where a waiver could be awarded (e.g., the coach leaves) and the rest should be non-negotiable.

With this ruling I fear the NCAA is quickly losing its ability to govern anyone or anything. People may cheer this because the NCAA is almost universally reviled, but I don't think many will enjoy watching college sports continue to trend towards a pro league. College hoops is rapidly becoming a second G-League, only the teams have far less talent and are loosely related to a college or university.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                          I actually liked the two-time transfer rule since it attempted to put some order into the wild west the transfer portal has become. The problem was always the inconsistency of waivers. I always felt like there should be specific, black-and-white scenarios where a waiver could be awarded (e.g., the coach leaves) and the rest should be non-negotiable.

With this ruling I fear the NCAA is quickly losing its ability to govern anyone or anything. People may cheer this because the NCAA is almost universally reviled, but I don't think many will enjoy watching college sports continue to trend towards a pro league. College hoops is rapidly becoming a second G-League, only the teams have far less talent and are loosely related to a college or university.
                          We’re gonna get to the point where there are no fans in the stands for anything but major power football.

Comment

Next Fr-Jrs will be asking for their Covid year back from HS which will in turn give them a fifth year of eligibility. Not their fault CoVid hit before college.

Comment

We’re gonna get to the point where there are no fans in the stands for anything but major power football.
                              On the plus side, ticket prices will go down. No need for multi- million dollar facilities.
                              The negatives are expected. Anytime govt gets involved (NIL) things just seem to fall apart. High school amateur athletics will be next in line.

Comment

Sounds like a walk-back from yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X