2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I think they are having some kind of shaving scandal happening.
    I think Barton may have a shaving scandal as well!
    IMG_7096 (1).jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I think Barton may have a shaving scandal as well!
      IMG_7096 (1).jpg
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        Indeed Sub. Total blah Sweet-16. Nary a Cinderella this year. Boring. I'll pull for the one and only non-P5 or 6 or whatever they call that's still left in San Diego St. though.
        Perhaps too soon to tell but I wonder if we are starting to see the real impact of pay-to-play (sometimes called NIL).

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Perhaps too soon to tell but I wonder if we are starting to see the real impact of pay-to-play (sometimes called NIL).
          I think so. That and of course the portal. Both just a huge hardline further dividing the P-5(6) from the minor leagues. Agree with what you said "perhaps too soon" but it sure seems like the way it played out this year...no Cinderella. Ugghh.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

I think so. That and of course the portal. Both just a huge hardline further dividing the P-5(6) from the minor leagues. Agree with what you said "perhaps too soon" but it sure seems like the way it played out this year...no Cinderella. Ugghh.
            I don't think it is so much the transfer portal. Transfers have been around forever. It is the elimination of pretty much any and all transfer restrictions and penalties, such as having to sit out a year.

They have incentivized transferring and immediate gratification with an entitlement attitude as opposed to commitment, hard work, perseverance with an attitude of gratitude. What could go wrong?
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

I don't think it is so much the transfer portal. Transfers have been around forever. It is the elimination of pretty much any and all transfer restrictions and penalties, such as having to sit out a year.

The have incentivized transferring and immediate gratification with an entitlement attitude as opposed to commitment, hard work, perseverance with an attitude of gratitude. What could go wrong?
              It's today's young who have been brought up on video games. If you don't like where it's going, just reset the game, stop and build a new team. Instant gratification is what counts.
              That's why I give Porter, QB, Bell (if he stays) as well as anyone else who stays my full respect.

Comment

The have incentivized transferring and immediate gratification with an entitlement attitude as opposed to commitment, hard work, perseverance with an attitude of gratitude. What could go wrong?
                Spot on. You said it better than I. Eliminated restrictions and incentivized.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Enticement is now totally legal. Totally serious.

On a happier note (actual games) the Sycamores just plain out quicked the Bearcats in the 2nd half last night. That southpaw guard of theirs reminds me of Malcom Armstrong. There's no doubt Indiana State would have performed better in the NCAA's than several teams we've seen over the last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

It's today's young who have been brought up on video games. If you don't like where it's going, just reset the game, stop and build a new team. Instant gratification is what counts.
                    That's why I give Porter, QB, Bell (if he stays) as well as anyone else who stays my full respect.
                    It's not the student athlete's fault that the adults in the room are making stupid decisions. The kids are just taking advantage of what opportunities are being given to them -- and why shouldn't they? It's the adults in the room that continue to create the messes, not the athlete.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                      Enticement is now totally legal. Totally serious.

On a happier note (actual games) the Sycamores just plain out quicked the Bearcats in the 2nd half last night. That southpaw guard of theirs reminds me of Malcom Armstrong. There's no doubt Indiana State would have performed better in the NCAA's than several teams we've seen over the last week.
                      Agreed! That's why getting out of the Valley was so important. Methinks next year will be quite different. AAC better have some big wins in the non conference or they'll be relegated to a 1 bid conference just like the Valley and other non P5 leagues.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        Enticement is now totally legal. Totally serious.

I assume you mean Armstead? I agree, I wish they would have gotten in.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Agreed! That's why getting out of the Valley was so important. Methinks next year will be quite different. AAC better have some big wins in the non conference or they'll be relegated to a 1 bid conference just like the Valley and other non P5 leagues.
                          The AAC next season is going to have one less postseason team and the best team's coach is gone. If UAB didn't step up maybe (probably) the AAC would have gotten only one team to the Dance as well. i.e., we appear to be in the same 'ol boat we've been in for the last 25 years, but just further from the Central Time Zone. It appears we're now in the CUSA West division.

Don't know who is going to assume the front-runner role next year, which is good for the Shocks, unless we finish 3rd or 4th...

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I assume you mean Armstead? I agree, I wish they would have gotten in.
                            One in the same. That's what they called him back in 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

It was an embarrassing loss for that program. We had no business beating them as they were/are clearly the better team.
                              It might have been a bad loss for that team but not a bad loss for the program. UAB should be honored that WSU is on their schedule every year compared to the teams they used to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It's not the student athlete's fault that the adults in the room are making stupid decisions. The kids are just taking advantage of what opportunities are being given to them -- and why shouldn't they? It's the adults in the room that continue to create the messes, not the athlete.
                                Can't disagree. It was adults who created the electronic games with the ability to reset. It's the adult parents who allowed their children to play those games for hours and hours per day. It was the adults in the courts who established the new nil and transfer rules.
                                If you allow a kid to steal from a candy store or toy store without repercussions, then the courts say that kids can do it without repercussions, they will continue to do it.
                                So yes, I agree, it is the adults who set the allowances.

Comment

Working...
                                X