2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    Don’t watch much women’s basketball with the exception of WSU. Checked out ESPN to see Oregon St. and Nebraska… OSU has some large Beavers.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Holy moly. A&M trying to do to Houston what they did to UNI years ago. Lol

Furious comeback and a buzzer beating 3pt...heading to overtime.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Houston taking it to the Shead bay bay. Yikes!
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• The bench warmer misses the first but makes the big one with the ice wata in his veins. 4 Cougar starters foul out.

Ot final score

Houston 100

Texas A&M 95

Comment

• Houston is going to the D and I do mean Dallas.

Comment

• Pretty crazy game. Gotta give it to Houston. Would of been easy to crumble having 4 starters foul out. But they find a way. Which is Sampson DNA.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

I personally don't like either. Just from reading comments from their fanbase online. I've seen UAB fans act like their loss to us was a devastating setback for their program.
                It was an embarrassing loss for that program. We had no business beating them as they were/are clearly the better team.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I wonder how many people lost their ass betting on the B12 being the #1 basketball conference. Often mentioned during the regular season was "They're the #1 conference and there can be no doubtt". There should have been.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    I wonder how many people lost their ass betting on the B12 being the #1 basketball conference. Often mentioned during the regular season was "They're the #1 conference and there can be no doubtt". There should have been.
                    Former AAC power Houston controlled the B12 (though Iowa State certainly gave them fits). I don't know if much else needs to be written. Of the teams that remain in the S16, they are all worthy even if NC State had to overcome quite a bit to get there. I think this season there are 3 or 4 teams who are just a little bit better than everyone else. The real "fun" of the tournament is pretty much gone (personally) with all the true cinderellas out of it. Don't know how much I watch from this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Don’t watch much women’s basketball with the exception of WSU. Checked out ESPN to see Oregon St. and Nebraska… OSU has some large Beavers.
                      I think they are having some kind of shaving scandal happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Former AAC power Houston controlled the B12 (though Iowa State certainly gave them fits). I don't know if much else needs to be written. Of the teams that remain in the S16, they are all worthy even if NC State had to overcome quite a bit to get there. I think this season there are 3 or 4 teams who are just a little bit better than everyone else. The real "fun" of the tournament is pretty much gone (personally) with all the true cinderellas out of it. Don't know how much I watch from this point.
                        For me the next two weeks are the most enjoyable. I hate watching a Cinderella that gets lucky then destroyed next game (IE Yale), the better teams playing each other is my preference. With all chalk advancing, setting up to be a fun sweet sixteen.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

I'm mostly with you here.

Teams I'm still somewhat interested in are SDSU, Iowa State, Houston, and Gonzaga. I really couldn't give a flying **** about any of the other teams.

The Zags are likely to lose to Purdue.

If none of those four advance, I'm definitely done.

I've never liked UCon. Can't support a team with an alleged rapist going through the system. I despise Duke. I hate Shaka. NC State does nothing for me. Can't stand UNC. **** Bama. Clemson bores me. Arizona doesn't excite me. Hate Creighton. Dislike Tennessee.

I have no issues with Purdue. I'm pretty indifferent with them.

All in all, kind of a bleh Sweet Sixteen for me.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Indeed Sub. Total blah Sweet-16. Nary a Cinderella this year. Boring. I'll pull for the one and only non-P5 or 6 or whatever they call that's still left in San Diego St. though.
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Kinda hard to hate Purdue...

image.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I think they are having some kind of shaving scandal happening.
                                Agreed. They've been waxing opponents all year.

Comment

Working...
                                X