No announcement yet.

2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USF Ranked #25 in the AP poll. First time they have been ranked in program history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      USF Ranked #25 in the AP poll. First time they have been ranked in program history.
      Not bad for a team with nearly no chance of an at-large bid.

They haven't played a single Q1 game this year.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Jeez, that’s piss poor for the AAC then.

Comment

I believe their win @ Memphis and home game against FAU were both Q1 when they happened. The game @ North Texas might has been as well since they hovered around the top 75 for a time.

Comment

Yea, no Q1 but they have done well in Q2 and no losses in Q3. Their slower start and early head scratching Q4 losses really doomed them

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I believe their win @ Memphis and home game against FAU were both Q1 when they happened. The game @ North Texas might has been as well since they hovered around the top 75 for a time.
              Maybe they were at the time, but their current record is 0-0 against Q1, 5-3 against Q2, 6-0 against Q3, and 10-2 against Q4.

I'm not sure where the cutoffs are for H/A/N, but they're definitely on the outside looking in.

I believe I previously saw that 77? was the lowest NET ranking to get in and that was because they had a decent record and opportunities against Q1 and their Q2 was really good. USF is not going to have that luxury and they won't have a Q1 opportunity until their last game or two in Ft. Worth and at that point it won't much matter.

It's a shame as I think they could do well if given a shot in the Dance. They're more than capable. But their non-con was really bad, and they lost a couple of those bad games.

W - South Carolina State - 292
              L - Central Michigan - 255

W - Northern Iowa - 119
              L - Maine - 224
              L - Hofstra - 124
              L - Massachusetts - 86
              W - Florida State - 93

W - Arkansas-Pine Bluff - 326
              W - Loyola Chicago - 92
              W - UAlbany - 263
              W - Alabama State - 307

My simplistic view, using the colors, is you obviously want as many green teams as possible. Yellow is good too. You want to limit the orange and avoid the reds. Over half of their non-con is red and two were losses. They've been a much better team since then and if they played those two teams now I have no doubt that they'd win. But they essentially gave themselves very little chance simply based on that schedule.

Most of the conference needs to schedule better. NET Non-Con SOS are:

FAU 52
              Rice 71
              Memphis 77
              North Texas 118
              Charlotte 119
              SMU 163
              Wichita 191
              UAB 201
              Temple 267
              Tulane 288
              ECU 323
              USF 326
              UTSA 350
              Tulsa 359

I think the goal should be to try and get this into the top 150. Things happen so top 175 could be acceptable. Being in the 200s is bad and the 300s is simply unacceptable.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea, no Q1 but they have done well in Q2 and no losses in Q3. Their slower start and early head scratching Q4 losses really doomed them
                I didn't think that mattered. When Virginia finishes strong in a weakass ACC, nobody cares (or even remembers) that Memphis (mid pack AAC team) NC State and Notre Dame (as well as a good Wisconsin team) ran them out of the gym.

Comment

• With 13:05 left, KSU was up 25 on WVU 66 - 41 KSU came back from down 4 late to force OT.

KSU was outscored 38 - 13 in the last 13 minutes of regulation.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• 7-0 in overtime this year. Seriously K-State? Not sure if that’s good or lucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                      7-0 in overtime this year. Seriously K-State? Not sure if that’s good or lucky.
                      Considering that it's never happened at the D1 level before, nor the (now) 12 consecutive OT wins over 2 seasons, I'd say at least a little bit of both.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                          Fake news, just pulled up my Peacock and its game on!

Comment

• It happened, the game resumed.

As always, the comments are the best.

David Johnson
                            @djohnson2305
                            ·
                            21m
                            There was a Jeff ******* sighting. Nobody should have to see that. I applaud IU for doing the right thing

Comment

• Coulda had Chris Jans..............

Geez Kentucky is good. They can outscore anyone. Great finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Coulda had Chris Jans..............

Geez Kentucky is good. They can outscore anyone. Great finish.
                                Checked out the box score of that game, which led me to check out the SEC standings.

The fact that Mizzou beat us by 10 points (which, other than Central Arkansas, was Mizzou's last win) is just another gut punch on this already painful season.
                                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X