No announcement yet.

2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In one of the craziest finishes ever, Vermont (NCAA Tourney team last year I think) scores 7 points in less than 4 seconds to beat Yale.

edit: Sorry, 6 points. Still crazytime finish

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      K-State beats Villanova in OT. Tylor Perry wins it for them
      Good that he finally took a break from making movies that aren’t funny.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Hmmm, Southern Illinois beating Okla State part way thru the 2nd.

Comment

• And SIU wins by 2.

Comment

• SIU may be decent, I do not know. I do know that OSU is terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Those are super wonky still

Indiana State is 22, Mcneese is 30, Louisiana Tech is 44, Umass Lowell is 46 .....

The bottom of the AAC is super woof... AAC is the 11th conference with an average NET of 160. For reference the Valley is 9th with a NET of 126

LOL: Here is how Indiana State got a 22 NET ranking

30 point win vs Saint Mary-Of-The-Woods College (yes that's real)
              22 point loss to Alabama
              39 pt win vs 1-6 IUPUI
              15 pt win over 2-5 Rice
              8 point win over 3-6 Pepperdine
              2 pt win over 3-4 Toledo
              29 pt win over 4-2 SIU
              8 pt win over 6-2 Bradley

Soooo has played 1 team that will likely be in ANY postseason and lost by 22 .. but blowing out trash teams gets them a 22 NET. So maybe instead of Friends we should schedule the worst team in D1 and just beat them by 40
              Didn't we try that with Alcorn State?
              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Didn't we try that with Alcorn State?
                Well losing to Friends would have the same effect lol .. If you aren't good enough to beat Alcorn or Friends, your NET doesn't really matter lol

Comment

Those are super wonky still

Indiana State is 22, Mcneese is 30, Louisiana Tech is 44, Umass Lowell is 46 .....

The bottom of the AAC is super woof... AAC is the 11th conference with an average NET of 160. For reference the Valley is 9th with a NET of 126

LOL: Here is how Indiana State got a 22 NET ranking

30 point win vs Saint Mary-Of-The-Woods College (yes that's real)
                  22 point loss to Alabama
                  39 pt win vs 1-6 IUPUI
                  15 pt win over 2-5 Rice
                  8 point win over 3-6 Pepperdine
                  2 pt win over 3-4 Toledo
                  29 pt win over 4-2 SIU
                  8 pt win over 6-2 Bradley

Soooo has played 1 team that will likely be in ANY postseason and lost by 22 .. but blowing out trash teams gets them a 22 NET. So maybe instead of Friends we should schedule the worst team in D1 and just beat them by 40
                  Indiana beat up on ~200 KenPom Northern Illinois last night and jumped all the way to 14 in the NET ..lol

Comment

• So it's seeming like margin of victory is more important than who you play?

Comment

Indiana beat up on ~200 KenPom Northern Illinois last night and jumped all the way to 14 in the NET ..lol
                      They are definitely a team that I wouldn't want to play as a higher seed in March.

Comment

• Not specific to a game, but Gregg Marshall's name is being associated with the now-vacant HC position at Coastal Carolina.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                          Not specific to a game, but Gregg Marshall's name is being associated with the now-vacant HC position at Coastal Carolina.
                          Would be nice to get him off our payroll tbh. Don’t we save a bit if he gets a job?

Comment

• I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't expect 3G to coach again and that's his choice. Had he not been forced out I think he'd be on the verge of retiring at this point. I think he's content to just enjoy life at this point and be done with basketball.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Would be nice to get him off our payroll tbh. Don’t we save a bit if he gets a job?
                              If I was FHCGM I would stay right where I am. Totally mismanaged by the former administration. We should bring Boatright back so we can fire him one more time.
                              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

If I was FHCGM I would stay right where I am. Totally mismanaged by the former administration. We should bring Boatright back so we can fire him one more time.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X