2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I think this is a level take. However, I will add that ADKS did not have to fire HCIB when he did, so it's tough to make the "this was the best he could do" argument when he put himself in the situation.
    Not saying this would have been better, but it would have saved a money strapped program/school a ton of money. Also, more time for the AD to vet other potential coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Kung Wu . I'd like to see post 806 or 807 through 849 moved to the Mills Not Hot Seat thread. Thanks
      Won't be able to do this anytime soon.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I think a good gage of whether the team has improved while losing will be in the last 9 games. 6 of the 9 are against teams that currently have losing records in conference games. 4 of those 6 are at home. Only 1 game, FAU, is against a team in the top 100 of Kenpom.

I think McBride may have thought that he would have had to sit out this year as a multiple time transfer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post

I think McBride may have thought that he would have had to sit out this year as a multiple time transfer.
          Agree.

Comment

I think a good gage of whether the team has improved while losing will be in the last 9 games. 6 of the 9 are against teams that currently have losing records in conference games. 4 of those 6 are at home. Only 1 game, FAU, is against a team in the top 100 of Kenpom.

Absolutely a great point. Makes sense.

Comment

He does still have his Covid year...

Comment

• FAU at UAB is a good one. FAU lead 39-32 at halftime, but 7 minutes into the 2nd half, UAB is up 46-44.

Comment

FAU at UAB is a good one. FAU lead 39-32 at halftime, but 7 minutes into the 2nd half, UAB is up 46-44.
                  Very good game! UAB looks to have a decent crowd but there is absolutely no excitement in the arena. Different culture I guess

Comment

• some poor execution by UAB on the last play of regulation. You draw up an ISO step back three? Then you get a rebound (at nearly the 3 pt line) with 10 seconds left and force up a shot with 7 seconds to go which allowed FAU to get a fairly decent look to win it.

Comment

FAU at UAB is a good one. FAU lead 39-32 at halftime, but 7 minutes into the 2nd half, UAB is up 46-44.
                      Going to OT. Refs letting them play for sure. Goldin is a d bag imho. I’d probably like him on my team btw
                      Last edited by bleednblackngold; February 8, 2024, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        some poor execution by UAB on the last play of regulation. You draw up an ISO step back three? Then you get a rebound (at nearly the 3 pt line) with 10 seconds left and force up a shot with 7 seconds to go which allowed FAU to get a fairly decent look to win it.
                        They have made up for it with damn near perfect execution in OT so far...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

They have made up for it with damn near perfect execution in OT so far...
                          Then UAB didn't get the offensive board and that allowed FAU to hit a 3, but still lead by 3 in OT.

Game to UAB

Comment

Then UAB didn't get the offensive board and that allowed FAU to hit a 3, but still lead by 3 in OT.

Game to UAB
                            Yup last 30 seconds wasn't as good lol .. but still won thanks to Davis just completely bricking that 3

Comment

• Well that should get FAU good and pissed coming in here Sunday lol
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• For the first time in a few years it feels like the AAC conference tournament isn't going to be decided between 2-3 teams. I think there are seven schools (Charlotte, South Florida, FAU, Memphis, UAB, North Texas, and SMU) that could win the whole thing.
                                Last edited by TrackSuitAndTie; February 9, 2024, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X