2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't expect 3G to coach again and that's his choice. Had he not been forced out I think he'd be on the verge of retiring at this point. I think he's content to just enjoy life at this point and be done with basketball.
    Yeah this is also my position on it until proven otherwise, but there have been rumblings for the past year or so linking him to Coastal Carolina.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Would be nice to get him off our payroll tbh. Don’t we save a bit if he gets a job?
      Nope .. there is no mitigation clause in the termination agreement. He gets the full serverance even if he would have taken a job the next day.

Comment

• I don't think he misses it one bit. Not after what transpired a few years ago. I would guess and it's just a guess that there's a bitter spot there to not wanna coach again...especially adding in the NIL and portal age. I mean why?
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Nope .. there is no mitigation clause in the termination agreement. He gets the full serverance even if he would have taken a job the next day.
          Another bit of brilliant financial negotiation by the then Shocker leadership.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
            I don't think he misses it one bit. Not after what transpired a few years ago. I would guess and it's just a guess that there's a bitter spot there to not wanna coach again...especially adding in the NIL and portal age. I mean why?
            Not saying that he will coach again. But coaching hoops is in some people's blood and retirement can be rough mentally when you've had a position of influence or power. So there is always a chance that 3G could fit those molds.

Comment

• Memphis Struggling with VCU (who just lost to Norfolk State) ... Memphis down 1 with 1 to go.

Comment

• VCU - 70
                Memphis - 69

Memphis' ball and 1 minute left.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Memphis just got a horrible goal tending call in their favor to go up 1.

Comment

• VCU misses a point blank layup with 4 seconds to go .. off to OT we go

Comment

• Surprise .. Memphis gets another god awful call to go in their favor to get FTs while up 3. Should have been a hook on Memphis

Comment

• Memphis ends up winning by 5 in OT

Comment

• UNI 78 Richmond 73. Final

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            Memphis ends up winning by 5 in OT
                            I hate Memphis so much man. Really hoping this year we can give it to them.

Comment

• St Louis led the Drake 41-25 at the half then fell apart and lost 75-69.

Lipscomb battled back to take a late lead at Belmont but gave up an and 1 with about 2 seconds left to get beat 72-71.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                St Louis led the Drake 41-25 at the half then fell apart and lost 75-69.

Lipscomb battled back to take a late lead at Belmont but gave up an and 1 with about 2 seconds left to get beat 72-71.
                                Nice 3:30am post.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X