2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

And it isn't. It was thought that when all the CUSA teams got added their recruiting would get betterand they would become better teams. It
    s way to early to make any judgements on that.

On the other hand is it possible that adding all those 200+ NET and KenPom teams will reduce the ability of the previous members to recruit at the level they had been recruiting?
    I'm not sure how conference affiliation matters when it comes to recruiting anymore. Wish I understood. Seems like all you need now are deep pockets. Some of the most skilled and memorable players I can recall were brought to WSU when they were "at this level." (FHCMT)

I would like to see a return to recruiting skilled, high IQ basketball players. Players that can make shots, dribble, make a pass, catch a pass. Basic, you know, basketball skills, not just athletic guys, that can be coached. I fear those days are forever gone, replaced with highlight reel players.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

you have OWL gear?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

racist

Comment

• Don't really know where to put this and didn't want to start a new thread. The subject is the recent football bowl games. Even the contenders for the National Championship games have players that are refusing to play. I am to the point I could care less about college football now. If they don't care why should I or other fans? I won't watch pro basketball or baseball. Now we have trans corrupting womens' sports. Ruling institutions, rule changes, politics, money and BLM are ruining sports from college to pro. Even the PGA is trending down. Tradition doesn't mean a thing anymore. Makes me sick.

Comment

• Kill the goose that lays the golden egg. But get yours first.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
              Don't really know where to put this and didn't want to start a new thread. The subject is the recent football bowl games. Even the contenders for the National Championship games have players that are refusing to play. I am to the point I could care less about college football now. If they don't care why should I or other fans? I won't watch pro basketball or baseball. Now we have trans corrupting womens' sports. Ruling institutions, rule changes, politics, money and BLM are ruining sports from college to pro. Even the PGA is trending down. Tradition doesn't mean a thing anymore. Makes me sick.
              Hear me out here. Give the NBA a chance. It actually is pretty entertaining and competitive. Also, there are quite a few former Shockers to root for. I know it gets a bad rap, but it really is entertaining. I used to feel like you did until my son really got in to it and I started watching games with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Hear me out here. Give the NBA a chance. It actually is pretty entertaining and competitive. Also, there are quite a few former Shockers to root for. I know it gets a bad rap, but it really is entertaining. I used to feel like you did until my son really got in to it and I started watching games with him.
                Here's how I used to feel about watching the NBA, but it's actually quite entertaining...the NBA League Pass is great.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

No thanks. I used to be a big NBA fan. Michael Jordan was awesome, and loved the Bird, Parrish, McHale Celtics. With the kneeling, Lebron James crap, and the Chinese connection, I could care less. I haven't watched a game in years and don't plan to again.
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

No thanks. I used to be a big NBA fan. Michael Jordan was awesome, and loved the Bird, Parrish, McHale Celtics. With the kneeling, Lebron James crap, and the Chinese connection, I could care less. I haven't watched a game in years and don't plan to again.
                    I don't give 2 shits about any of those reasons you listed (though Lebron is annoying as hell IMO, flopper). But I just can't get connected to any of the teams. Maybe its the lack of really a hometown team. I know OKC is there .. but just zero connection to them. So I only find myself watching whatever team former shockers are on.

Comment

Yeah, it's a lot better than it was 10 to 15 years ago.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I’ve said it a couple times on this board, it’s not just the best players in the world - it’s the best offensive schemes, the best coaching, the best basketball period. I wish college teams would finally start adopting more sets from the NBA.
                        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          Don't really know where to put this and didn't want to start a new thread. The subject is the recent football bowl games. Even the contenders for the National Championship games have players that are refusing to play. I am to the point I could care less about college football now. If they don't care why should I or other fans? I won't watch pro basketball or baseball. Now we have trans corrupting womens' sports. Ruling institutions, rule changes, politics, money and BLM are ruining sports from college to pro. Even the PGA is trending down. Tradition doesn't mean a thing anymore. Makes me sick.
                          The PGA is definitely not trending down - it's go the highest ratings since peak Tiger days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

The PGA is definitely not trending down - it's go the highest ratings since peak Tiger days.
                            The PGA and LPGA are the two pro sports I watch the most. I also try to catch Track and Field high level meets.

Comment

• Charlotte and ECU both lost to bad opponents at home yesterday. FAU, Memphis, and SMU are really the only AAC teams that haven't been eliminated from at-large contention at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                                Charlotte and ECU both lost to bad opponents at home yesterday. FAU, Memphis, and SMU are really the only AAC teams that haven't been eliminated from at-large contention at this point.
                                I'd say SMU may be no better than borderline at this point. At 9-4, they lost to Arizona State (7-5) who has loses to BYU by 28, San Diego (not State), TCU by 20, and Northwestern by 19. Other loses are much better, Texas A&M, Dayton, and Wisconsin.

Comment

Working...
                                X